You Intrigue Me

BiHi One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Synopsis: Hanbin is known as the Devil of their school while Hayi is just one of the slightly above average girls due to her unique voice. The two aren't the best of friends nor are they enemies. Hanbin simply loves to push her buttons while Hayi likes competing against him. After losing a bet, Hayi finds herself going on a date with devil.

Hayi groaned to herself as she looked at her watch for the umpteenth time. It was the second day of her spring break and rather than going to the mall with Jennie and Suhyun, she was standing at the train station waiting for the Devil’s spawn to meet her. They had decided to meet up at nine in the morning to get breakfast together and it was already thirty minutes passed. Her eyes searched for the said person that got her into this mess and he was still nowhere to be seen. With her cheeks puffed out, she looked at her phone to see that he had read the texts that she sent but had not replied.

 I swear if that Devil is bailing on me, I will kick his when I see him again.

She pushed herself off of the pillar she was leaning against and took a good look at the platform once more. If he didn’t run into her by the time she reached the main entrance, then she was going to go back home and catch some more shut eye. Just as she was about to head over to the entrance, someone had knocked into her and bumped her shoulder. Hayi clenched her jaw as she dropped her phone and simply shook her head. She had already wasted so much energy waking up early and putting effort into her appearance. It wouldn’t do any good if she wasted her breath on a stranger she was probably never going to see again. Bending down and picking up her phone, she sighed in relief to see that her screen didn’t crack. She wiped off the dust and pressed the home button to see if it was working. Seeing that everything was working, she nodded to herself and was about to continue on her way when she bumped into something hard.

Hayi rubbed her forehead and looked up to find Hanbin looking down at her with an amused smile. She immediately glared at him as she stepped back and crossed her arms. Her day had barely started and the only thing she wanted to do in that moment was to wipe that smile off of his face. He laughed and straightened himself up before holding a white paper bag in front of her. Quirking an eyebrow, she took the bag from him and asked, “What is this?”

He rubbed his neck sheepishly as she opened the bag to look at its contents. “It’s our breakfast. I was planning on taking you to a café Jinhwan-hyung had recommended to me that was in the area. But since my mom got called into work last minute, I had to be the one to take Hanbyul to her day care.”

Her gaze softened at the sight of her favorite pastries from the café next to their school in the bag. Taking out one of the warm chocolate croissants, she took a bite out of it and offered the bag back to Hanbin. He shook his head and looked at the clock that was hanging on the pillar behind Hayi. Grabbing her hand while the other flashed their train tickets, he guided her through the crowded platform until they reached their cart. He stepped aside and let her enter first before following behind her. As soon as they found their seats, Hanbin put their things away on the compartment above them and sat in front of her. Hayi had already started to munch on her second croissant as she texted on her phone.

Hanbin huffed and put his hand over her phone so she could look at him. “Yah, you’re supposed to be paying attention to me, Hayi-ah.”

She scoffed and swatted his hand away. “You were the one that dragged me along with you, Hanbin-ah.”

He rolled his eyes playfully and presented her with a can of iced coffee. “Nope, your overly confident little self, got you into this situation. If you hadn’t challenged me to a tennis match and lost, you would’ve been comfortably sleeping in your bed right now.”

Hayi pouted to herself and took the drink from him before popping it open. She looked outside as their journey began as the scenery around them whizzed by. “How was I supposed to know that you used to train in tennis when you were younger?”

He smiled cheekily and rested his cheek on the palm of his hand as his elbow supported his weight. “You never asked me about it. It’s not my fault my parents wanted to see what I could be good at.”

“Where are you taking me anyways? You’ve kept everything a secret and now that we’re on our way, I should have the right to know.” She asked.

Hayi raised an eyebrow at him waiting for his answer. If it was really just a date for his own amusement, she didn’t know why he had put so much effort into their outing. Out of all things that he could ask of her, he wanted to go on a date with her. She couldn’t figure out what was going through Hanbin’s mind when she told him that she’d do anything for him after their little bet. Hayi could’ve done his homework for the rest of the school year or babysit Hanbyul for him while he went out with the boys, but a date was not something she could ever imagine.

“We’re going to one my favorite places in the world: my grandparents’ house. I haven’t visited them in a while and I didn’t want to go alone, so I’m taking you with me.” He replied.

She nodded slowly and sighed to herself as she looked out the window. They were already thirty minutes into their ride and there was an hour more until they reached the province Hanbin’s grandparents lived in. The scenery around them began to soothe her as she relaxed in her seat. Hanbin had already settled himself and pulled out his tablet to busy himself. She would have done the same, but the longer she watched outside, her eyelids began to grow heavier. Before she even knew it, she fell asleep with her head against the window.

Hayi snuggled closer to the warmth that she felt as she slowly began to regain her senses from her nap. Since she stayed up late last night working on her latest composition, she didn’t realize it was already five in the morning when she finished. Not wanting to wake up just yet, she sighed and tried falling back to sleep. A small frown came upon her face as she felt her pillow rumble and a chuckle could be heard. As the grogginess disappeared, Hayi finally realized that her head was actually resting on Hanbin’s shoulder. She jolted up and looked at him with wide eyes.

“I thought I fell asleep against the window- what are you doing sitting next to me?”

Hanbin feigned a hurt expression as he turned to her. “Is that the way you thank me after letting you sleep on my shoulder for an entire hour.”

“You didn’t have to do that y’know.”

Hanbin shrugged as he passed her a bag of chips he had bought while she was asleep and let her have some. “What kind of gentleman would I be if I let the girl have a stiff neck from properly resting her head on something? Your head kept hitting the window, I’m surprise you didn’t wake up from the many times you hit your head against that hard surface. I guess that’s why you’re so stubborn.”

Hayi clicked her tongue and slapped h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter