Official

BiHi One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Synopsis: Amongst her group of friends, Lee Hayi is known to have a huge crush on Kim Hanbin. Seeing that it's her senior year, her friends urge her to finally confess since they were all graduating. With fate by her side, she finds the best way to confess to him through the way she expresses herself: music. 

“I don’t understand why you can’t just go up to him and strike up a conversation. You guys have been in the same class since freshmen year and we’re seniors in high school.”

Hayi sighed as she hunched over the table she and her friends were sitting at. All of the students were out and about since it was their lunch break. The quad was filled with chattering and music playing as the classical students practice at the south corner. Hayi’s group was seated near the center of the quad where all the students aiming to be idols were situated. Her friends Suhyun, Jennie, and Jimin all had amused smiles on their faces as they watched Hayi puff out her cheeks.

It was obvious to them how much of a huge crush their friend had grown for the leader of the heartthrobs in their department. Whenever he was in the same vicinity of where they were, Hayi would always zone out and day dream about him. The girls found it cute how Hayi explained to them how her crush came to be. After missing the bus and running late, Hayi was trying to find her homeroom and had bumped into him when holding the map in front of her. Rather than how the usual dramas predicted, he volunteered to take her to her homeroom since he was in the same class. He had struck up a conversation with her and told her that she could go up to him any time after if she needed help with anything else. Hayi didn’t know how else to react around him but shyly nodded to his words. He gave her a breathtaking smile and introduced himself before leading her in and taking his seat at the back corner of the room.

Hayi looked over towards the group of guys where she could see Hanbin and Bobby goofing off together while the rest of their friends laughed at them. “He’s too good for me. I don’t think he’d see anything special in me.”

Jimin rolled her eyes and lightly tapped Hayi’s head with her textbook. “Yah Lee Hayi. Suhyun, Jennie, and I did not spend all these past three years working on trying to get you out of your shell this year just for you to slink back into it.”

Jennie nodded and took out the lollipop she was on. She pointed it at Hayi and said, “This is our last year together before we all head out into different directions. I say it’s now or never Hayi-ah. You have to take some action and get Hanbin to notice you.”

Since Suhyun was sitting next to Hayi with the other two across from them, she rubbed her best friend’s back comfortingly. “Hayi-ah, we all have faith in you and you need to trust yourself. You never know if fate has something in store for you.”

Hayi sat up and looked at her three closest friends. She didn’t know what she would without them. The four of them had met in their freshman homeroom and have stuck together ever since. The other three had outgoing personalities while Hayi was always the shy one. As time passed and the closer she got with them, the more they managed to help bring her out of her shell. Jenni helped her with her fashion, Jimin helped her with her confidence, and Suhyun helped her with her music. The four had become known as the modern day F4 in their class. But rather than being known for their wealth, they were recognized by their peers for their strong friendship and amazing talents.

A sigh escaped Hayi’s lips as she looked over towards where Hanbin was. Her eyes widened slightly as Hanbin met her gaze out of the corner of his eye and gave her a smile. She bowed shyly and smiled back before turning her attention back to her friends. They all had cheeky smiles on their face and Suhyun threw an arm over her shoulder.

“Aigoo, our Hayi-ah is so smitten for Hanbin. What will we do to help our helpless friend?” she exclaimed.

Jimin and Jennie laughed as Chanhyuk approached them from behind. He shook his head amusedly before tapping his textbook on top of his sister’s head. “Are we talking about Hayi’s crush on Hanbin again?”

The girls nodded as he joined their table and turned the guitar on his back around so it was in his grasp. He began to strum a melody as a playful smile came onto his face.

“Hayi, she’s so in love. The girl doesn’t know what do. She’s a hopeless mess, oh boo hoo.” He rapped.

The group burst out laughing as Hayi shot up and exclaimed, “Yah!” Chanhyuk laughed out loud as the girls began to add in their own adlibs to their jam session as Hayi chased Chanhyuk around their table. Hayi sped up and jumped onto Chanhyuk’s back as she ruffled his hair. The girls just kept on laughing as they saw Chanhyuk struggle against Hayi’s wrath.

“Yah! Lee Hayi! Get off of me you fat whale!”

“What did you just call me Lee Chanhyuk?! Do you want to die?” Hayi exclaimed as she began to pound her fists against his back.

“You heard what I said! Just get off of me or else you’re going to hurt Luna!” he retorted as he guarded his guitar.

Hayi rolled her eyes playfully and got off of him as he hugged his guitar to his chest. She slapped his arm and was about to sit back down when the school bell rang. Everyone groaned and began to gather their things for their next class. Hayi clicked her tongue and began to make her way towards her next class. Since the others didn’t have the same class as her, she waved goodbye before heading over to her composition class.

As soon as she reached her seat, Hayi sighed to herself and opened up the notebook that held all her personally composed songs. It was the start of a new month which meant that it was time to prepare for another monthly evaluation. Hayi had been brainstorming what would be the next song she would bring to life in front of the student body but all she’s been hit with is writer’s block. She has the melody down but all she needs to do is create lyrics. As she bobbed her head to the melody she hummed and twirled her pen in her fingers, the rest of the class began to file into their seats. Hayi was shocked when she saw who took the seat next to hers.

“Do you mind if I take this seat?”

Hayi shook her head slowly as she watched Hanbin smile back at her and set down his bag. Turning her attention back to her notebook, she sat up straighter and bit her bottom lip as she felt her heartbeat increase. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched as Hanbin took his own notebook out as well and his laptop. He looked over back at her and she quickly reverted her attention back to what she was concentrating on.

“Sorry if I suddenly took the empty seat next to you. It’s just that someone had taken my seat and since the seat next to you is always empty, I thought I’d sit there.”

Hayi smiled shyly and said, “It’s fine. I don’t understand why people can’t just stay at their unassigned seat. There’s an unspoken rule that whatever desk you sit at during the beginning of the year is the seat you’ll have for the rest of it.”

Hanbin laughed and nodded in agreement. “You’re right, Hayi-ah. But at least now, I get to keep you company.”

Hayi felt herself freeze at his words and forced herself to relax. “No need to play around Hanbin-ah. You’re always with Bobby and the others, I’m fine.”

He shook his head and turned his whole body to face as her as their teacher walked in. “I’m not, you seem like a nice person and I always wonder if it feels lonely if you’re sitting alone. Plus Chanhyuk always speaks highly of you whenever we’re in dance together.”

Her cheeks warmed as she mentally thanked Chanhyuk while the teacher called for the class’s attention. Hanbin chuckled as he noticed the light tint of pink on her cheeks. Chanhyuk had also made it quite obvious that Hayi had developed a small crush on him and he found it quite flattering. In his eyes, Hayi was one of the most sought out ladies in their class. Although the other three were more known and Hayi liked to keep to herself most of the time, the girl had a pretty large fan base on campus. Bobby became a fan boy of hers after the two had become partners for an evaluation a couple months back when they composed a song together. He hoped that through this class and his chance of sitting next to her, she’ll be able to open up to him as well.

“Alright class, as most of you may know it is the start of a new month which means preparing for your next evaluations. Since last month’s evaluation was done in groups of five or more, the board has decided that you guys will be paired up into pairs and performing a duet. Now as always, your song must be an original work of yours. If we find any plagiarism, you will be expelled immediately.”

The class buzzed in excitement as they heard about the plans of this month’s evaluations. Hanbin and Hayi met eyes and Hanbin smiled widely at her. “I hope we can become partners this time.”

Hayi bit her lip to prevent herself from smiling too much with Hanbin actually talking to her and nodded. “I hope so too.”

“Now class, here is the list with the partners. If you have any questions, please come up and ask me. Other than that, you have the rest of the period to brainstorm and work on your songs together.”

The both of them made their way to the front of the class with the rest of the students to check who their partners were. Since the two were seated at the back, there was already a huddle of students in front of the list. Hayi huffed to herself as she stood on the tip of her toes trying to see over the heads of the other students. Hanbin chuckled to himself and tapped her shoulder. She looked up at him with a questioning gaze and he motioned towards the list.

“Just wait here, I think I can be able to check for you.” Hanbin said before making his way through the crowd.

Hayi watched as he battled against the other students. She stifled a laugh as he tried to push someone’s head out of his view but the guy would just press his head against his palm. Hanbin looked over his shoulder and gave her a playful exasperated look before turning his attention back to the list. A wide smile came upon his face as he found their partners and went back to Hayi. He headed towards his desk and motioned for her to follow.

“Well guess fate was on our side, I hope you’ll take care of me as your partner Hayi-ah.” He smirked.

Hayi’s eyes widened at his words and asked, “Really? We’re partners this time?”

He nodded and rested both of his elbows on the top of his thigh. Hayi sat down in her seat and faced him with her legs out in front of her. “You can see for yourself later, but Chanhyuk and Bobby told me that you’re kind of a perfectionist when it comes to composing an original song.”

She raised an eyebrow at him and laughed. “Well isn’t everyone? I mean, if I become too much of a pushover let me know.”

Hayi rubbed her neck sheepishly as he shook his head in amusement. “You just read my mind Hayi-ah. I have a feeling we’ll be getting along pretty well with this project.”

“I guess so.” She replied back.

It was nearing midnight and most of the students have already retired to their dorms. In the idol department there was a recording room still open with its lights still on. Hayi and Hanbin were still in the room they had booked, trying to finalize their song. Crumpled pieces of paper covered the floor and their table was filled with empty bowls of tteokbokki and jajangmyeon. Hanbin was situated on the couch with his laptop on his lap. He had his notebook in hand and headphones plugged in, bobbing his head to the melody they had produced earlier. Hayi was sitting in the producer’s chair by the soundboard with one leg propped up on the seat. Her elbow rested on the top of her knee as she tapped her pen against her cheek. With her eyebrows furrowed, she sang to herself the lyrics that she had tried writing.

The two had been in that room every day after school for a week after their assignment was given. After finding out that the main theme of this month’s evaluations was love, Hanbin and Hayi had been working hard on making the perfect song to them. Since neither had any experience in the love department, it was a tougher challenge for them to produce something to their satisfaction. They wanted to make something that wasn’t expected from everyone else so they locked themselves in their room until they were satisfied. Both turned off their phones in order to stay focused and ignored the outside world.

Hayi sighed to herself and threw her notebook onto the table in frustration. She rubbed her temple in order to soothe the headache she could feel coming. Her mind felt all jumbled up from constantly trying to force the lyrics out and grimaced. The flow didn’t feel right whenever she sang to herself and the lyrics felt too choppy for her liking. This is a nightmare… We still have to brainstorm the stage layout and figure out the staging for this. There’s still the pending option of putting choreography into our performance. Then we still need to costume shop. Our approval from our professor is in two days. We need to record it and send it to her as well.

“Writer’s block?”

She was snapped out of her reverie when she heard Hanbin talk to her. Turning around to face him, she nodded and watched him clear out the table and set down his laptop. He stretched and cracked his back before lying down on the couch. Hayi hummed in agreement to his statement and he chuckled.

“I finalized our instrumental so all we need now are the lyrics.”

“I would give it to you n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter