Vixx - One, Two, Three, Four

Sweet Dreams

I'll be posting more vixx drabbles for today.

12/5/2016

~~~~~~~~~

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

Hakyeon peeked his head from the kitchen entrance. “Jaehwanie? Hyukkie?” When there was no answer, he started to worry. He checked every room in the apartment; the master bedroom, the kids’ individual rooms, the bathroom, the playroom but still no sign of them. So Hakyeon did the only thing he had to do in situations like this; he panicked.

“Guys, this is not funny. Your mom’s gonna kill me if-” Hakyeon halted in the living room, blood freezing in fear when his eyes landed on the open front door. It didn’t take him long to put the pieces together. “Oh no.”

Mrs. Lee had told him when he first babysat for her that although the two were relatively good kids, they still had their mischievous streak in them and that he should keep a close eye on them. Back then, he thought she meant doodling on the wall or breaking some vases (which had happened the third time he came around) but this? This was taking it to a next level.

When he burst out the door, he was greeted with a familiar dark orbs and raven hair but instead of the usual stoic face he was so used to seeing from the other babysitter, he was wearing a worried frown and looking dishelved and a total wreck.

“Have you seen Hongbin and Wonshik?”

“No, have you seen Jaehwan and Hyuk?”

“No.” If Hakyeon wasn’t in such a panic, he would’ve realized that was probably the longest conversation Hakyeon had with Taekwoon but because he was in a panic, he hadn’t realized it. “, if I don’t find those two, Mrs Kim will have my head.”

“What about me? Mrs. Lee is going to wring my neck and serve it on a golden platter.”

Too busy worrying about the fate of their heads, Hakyeon almost missed the childish laughter echoing down the hallway. He hushed at Taekwoon and looked down the end of the hallway just in time to see four little kids walking around the corner holding a popsicle each.

Hakyeon had never felt so much relief and anger in his entire life. “LEE JAEHWAN! HAN SANGHYUK!” The two boys looked up and almost paled when they saw their fuming babysitter. “You scared the living daylight out of me. What were you thinking going out like that without at least telling me first?!”

Jaehwan was looking down guiltily while Hyuk chose to hide behind the dimpled boy instead.  “We’re sorry. We just wanted to get ice cream and you were busy making us lunch and we didn’t want to bother you.”

“It wasn’t Jaehwan hyung’s fault.” All eyes turned towards Hongbin then. “At least not fully. We were the one pestering him to join us.” He looked up at Hakyeon and Taekwoon then, puppy eyes mode on and Hakyeon couldn’t help but melt a little at the sight. “We’re sorry, Hakyeon hyung and Taekwoon hyung.” The others must’ve caught on with what Hongbin was doing because soon, four pairs of puppy dog eyes were directed at them.

The two oldest shared a look before Taekwoon sighed. “We forgive you but next time you guys have to tell us first before you guys go. What if one of you got kidnapped and we didn’t know about it?”All four kids just nodded solemnly.

When he was sure the kids learnt their lesson, he announced, “Now who wants some lunch?” There was a chorus of agreement before Hakyeon turned towards Taekwoon. “You’re welcome to stay with us for lunch if you want.” Taekwoon was immediately bombarded with big eyes and pouty lips before a small smile made its way to his lips.

“Sure, lunch sounds nice.”