Vixx - Coming Home

Sweet Dreams

Vixx was actually the first kpop group I got into so I thought it was fitting if I start with them first. Hope you guys enjoy this. Written from the prompt 'Coming Home' from the vixxgenerator.tumblr.com for the two maknaes of the group. ^^

11/5/2016

~~~~~~~~~~

Hongbin sighed as he reached the front door, exhaustion weighing heavily on his shoulder. The filming of his drama had gone on longer than expected, leaving him wanting to just crash on his bed as soon as possible. He didn’t want to think of the early schedule he had the next day.

That changed, however, when he saw the television on and a silhouette slouched on the couch, head hanging at an uncomfortable angle, in the darken living room. He was surprised to say the least. Hongbin knew he had already texted Hakyeon he was going to be back home late and asked him to not wait for him. He knew Hakyeon was as just exhausted, if not more, as he was and he didn’t want to burden the leader anymore than he already had.

Hongbin took a few steps closer and a small smile made its way onto his lips when he saw who it was. Hyuk looked so young slouched uncomfortably on the sofa, soft snores leaving his semi-opened mouth. He reminded Hongbin so much like a kid that he almost hesitated to wake him up. Almost, because he knew the boy’s neck was going to hurt so badly if he continued to sleep like that.

“Hyuk,” he softly murmured, shaking his shoulder lightly. When the boy didn’t respond, he pushed a little harder. “Hyuk, wake up.”

It took a few more push before the boy shot straight up, almost smacking into Hongbin’s face, before his hands shot to his neck and a whine left his mouth. “, ow, that hurts.”It took Hyuk a moment to perceive the smiling boy in front of him. “Hey, you’re back.”

Hongbin could only shake his head slowly, the smile never leaving his lips as he took the space next to the maknae. Hyuk took the opportunity to snuggle in next to him, head resting on his shoulder and a content sigh left his lips. “What’re you still doing up? I thought everyone had already gone to bed.”

“I told them I’d wait for you. What took you so long anyway?”

“Something got messed up so we had to push it back a bit.” It was a disaster and they almost had to cancel the filming which meant arranging another day for it, a day he didn’t think he had much of these days.

It was quiet for a while, only the white sound from the television and their breath were heard. Hongbin could distinctly make out Wonshik’s snoring if he focused hard enough. He was tempted to just doze off but a thought came to mind.

“Hey, Hyuk?” The boy hummed, his head a constant weight on his shoulder. “Why did you wait up for me?”

The head shifted and two brown orbs were staring up at Hongbin. “Because you did the same for me when I was filming my movie.”

“It was midnight, not 4 am in the morning. Besides, Hakyeon was awake with me.”

“You went to my premier.”

“Because I was the only one who was free at that time.”

Hyuk let out an annoyed whine then, something he would probably deny later on when he was fully awake, and latched onto Hongbin’s torso like a leech, eyes opened as wide as they could and mouth pulled into a pout to look pitiful. “Can’t you just accept that I’m trying to give you some moral support by staying up late and risking hurting my neck and my back by sleeping on the couch? I was even going to make you some tea or something when you get back. Why are you smiling? This is not funny, I’m being serious. Hongbin!”

Hongbin had never felt more awake at four in the morning before. “First of all, I never asked you to do any of that.”After grinning a few minutes longer at the pouting maknae, he sobered a little and ruffled his hair. “But thanks for waiting up for me.”

“You would’ve done the same for me. You already did.”

“Yeah.” He got off the couch with a huff, pulling Hyuk with him. “Now, let’s go sleep in a real bed and catch whatever sleep we can before Hakyeon comes to wake us up in the morning.”