Up10tion - Dragons

Sweet Dreams

I got into Up10tion earlier this year and I can't say I regret being a Honey10. Thank you Sunyoul for opening up a new world for me.

11/5/2016

~~~~~~~~~~

“Where are we going?”

Xiao only smiled mischievously at the older, pulling his hand in an attempt to make the older walk faster. Jinhoo let himself being dragged by the pink-haired boy and focused on his surroundings instead. Xiao had practically pulled him out of the comfort of his bed and dragged him into the forest. He would’ve thought he was being kidnapped if the said boy didn’t look so harmless.

A loud roar coming from ahead pulled Jinhoo back to reality. Flying in the sky were two large and familiar dragons, the red and brown of the creatures contrasting with the first rays of sunshine lighting up the blue sky.

Jinhoo stared at Xiao quizzically. “Have they been following us here?”

Xiao just shook his head. “Nope, I asked them to be here.”

“Why?”

“You’ll see.”

As they reached a grassy clearing, the two dragons descended down in front of them, one seeming affronted by his appearance while the other curious. Xiao must’ve sensed this because he was quick to reveal his plan, one he was not expecting.

“Hyung, I thought I would let you have a taste of flying.”

He blinked once, twice. “You want me to what?”

A snort left Hwanhee’s snout, earning him a warning shove from Xiao before the younger pulled the oldest closer to the two dragons. “Well, you’re still a little wary of dragons so I thought we could change that.” They stopped in front of an indifferent red dragon. Xiao turned to Jinhoo then, a questioning eyebrow raised. “You’ll be riding Wooshin.”

Jinhoo’s eyes went back and forth between the dragon and the boy. “He’ll kill me,” he ended up saying, no trace of humour in his voice.

Wooshin was probably thinking the same because he puffed a cloud of smoke at Jinhoo in retaliation. Xiao didn’t seem impressed at Wooshin. “I’m telling Bitto about what you did last summer behind his back if you don’t behave.” The red dragon’s eyes widen before he sulked behind a snickering Hwanhee. Looking satisfied, Xiao sent an apologetic gaze to Jinhoo. “I would’ve let you ride Hwanhee but he’s a bit of a trigger happy when he’s in the air.”

*~*~*~*~*

Riding Wooshin wasn’t scary; it was downright terrifying. The dragon’s tendency to turn too abruptly had Jinhoo uneasy but seeing the exhilarating smile on Xiao’s face distracted him from his fear. So, instead of worrying, he let himself enjoy the thrill of flying. Well, tried to anyways.

“Cool, isn’t it?”

Jinhoo glanced to his side to see Xiao standing on the back of Hwanhee, the big grin never leaving his face. He knew he was probably smiling himself although probably a bit tight.

“I’ll probably need some getting used to but its fine.”

“Well, this is just scratching the surface, hyung.”

“What do you- Xiao!” Before Jinhoo could get the words out, the young man had leaned his weight backwards and was now free falling off the dragon. With his focus on the falling body, he didn’t realize the sudden shift of angle from the little devil of a dragon until he found himself weightless before gravity pulled on his body.

Fear clung to him like claws as clouds made way for the green forest but Xiao, still further down than him, had audacity to shoot him a playful smirk. It was only when the canopy of the trees were a few inches away from their body did two coloured blurs shot past them, grabbing them by their claws and flinging them up and away from danger. When gravity settled back on them, Jinhoo found himself back on Wooshin while Xiao was laughing out loud from atop Hwanhee, drunk from the exhilaration.

“You,” Jinhoo started, noting how his voice sounded a little breathless. “Are one crazy kid.”