two

hopelessly i'll love you endlessly

tittle: of misunderstandings and touchy boyfriends

genre: fluff, drabble

word count: 680

summary: based on a prompt 'imagine that Person A always jumps to correct people who misgender Person B and sometimes Person B has to tell A to chill'


 

Yoongi likes to think of himself as a man with rules. He never curses when kids are around and he only smokes outside, so other people don't have to inhale his nicotine he paid for. Never in his life has he ever hurt an animal and he tries to be nice to girls - it's hard though, they're mostly es. He respects his mother and lets people talk about him because honestly, it's not like he gives a single . They can say whatever they want to say. It's kind of funny - his co-workers and people back in high school have never had guts to tell him he's an face to face. Everyone knows Yoongi is not the one to mess around with, and if they don't, it's because he's nice most of the time. He's a man with rules, after all.

Jungkook, however, is another pair of shoes. Does somebody touch him with their pinky finger and man, they're so gonna regret it. It's basically people being mean to his boyfriend that have experienced his not-so-nice side. Altough it's somehow sweet, him caring so much, it can also be problematic. Jungkook sometimes complies to Taehyung about how he had to drag Yoongi out of a cafe once because the older was freaking out over a barista misgendering him. He's careful not to let Yoongi hear him complain about it. The mint haired man is rough on edges like a quick sketch, people are not his thing and Jungkook knows that this is his way of showing affection towards him.

'This is his way of showing affection towards you? Beating the living out of people?' Taehyung raises his eyebrow skepically. He doesn't really like Yoongi but again, that's okay; he's a weird person, a true indivudal, and you never know how he'll react and behave, and who he will get along with.

'It only happened once!' Jungkook protests.

' Yeah, but he made that one girl cry.'

'You know deserved it. She said I should go to mentals' and that she pities me.'

And Taehyung has to agree.

If he thinks about it closely, Jungkook has to admit that he's okay with his life. Of course it could be better, he's got struggles like everybody else - teachers are unfair, his older brother bullies him daily, his best friend is an absolute freak who wears pyjamas to school and collects random leaflets people give him on the streets (he also eats spinach every day which is enough of a proof of how weird he is, thank you very much); Jungkook worries about global warning more than he should, he always wakes up early on Saturdays and argues with his boyfriend over who's right, Iron Man or Captain America - and oh, did I mention that fate had put him in a wrong body and gave him curves and voice and period he has never asked for in the first place. You see my point, it really could be better.

On the other hand, he is a lucky person. Damn, you hear about trans kids killing themselves because they can't handle bullying daily. And his parents took it quite good, there was a little - maybe a little more than little - bit of drama, but in the end they accepted him the way he was and it made him beyond happy.

And of course, he has Yoongi. The Yoongi who might sometimes be too overreacting and touchy, but in the end of the day they always lie on Jungkook's bed together, laughing over this employee's face when the older jumped at her, waving his hands around and explaining frantically that she can't misgender people, that this is important to respect their pronouns and that she can really hurt them, and like that.

'You should really chill out,' Jungkook says, playing with his boyfriend's hair, his head resting on his lap. 'It's not like I care that much.'

'But I care,' Yoongi mumbles, looking away. 'I do care, you know.'

And Jungkook just laughs, leaning down to kiss his man with rules.