five

hopelessly i'll love you endlessly

title: you can runaway with me anytime you want

genre: fluff, comedy? idk

wourd counter: 1126

summary: You’re getting chased by the police and you just jumped in my car and yelled drive, wtf man

 


Yoongi sighs heavily as he looks at traffic lights that turn red again despite the fact only a few cars have passed under them. He fishes his phone out his pocket and chooses Hoseok's number, then he reaches to the glove compartment and rummages through it, searching for bubblemint chewing gum he knows he's put there. It takes two signals for his friend to answer, and there are loud noises in the background, excited voices arguing over something, indicating the meeting has already started.

 

'Dude, where are you? I can't hold it any longer!' Hoseok's obviously nervous. He covers the earphone on his side and shouts something,. He's back in a second. 'Please, tell me you'll come.'

 

'I think I won't make it on time,' Yoongi says blankly, feeling almost sorry for him. The other seems sincerely wrecked. It's all his fault though – Hoseok's the one that came up with an idea of gathering all their co-workers and employees in one place to debate about their work conditions. Should've thought twice before locking Namjoon and Seokjin in one room for longer than five seconds.

 

 

'No . You're already late- hyung, what are you- , just come, okay? Gotta go!' he hangs up and Yoongi just shakes his head in disbelief. Once again he asks himself why he's working with people like this. If not for sake of paying his rent he'd probably leave these freaks a long time ago, but he really doesn't fancy sleeping under a bridge, and maybe he likes Hoseok and the rest a little bit too, though he'd never admit it loud.

 

One thing seems to be right this day and finally he finds a pack of chewing gum. It takes him a moment to put one into his mouth and close the glove box, yet while his eyes are lowered, he hears a loud thump behind. He snaps his head, eyes widening comically as he looks into the rearview mirror because there's a ing man in the backseat.

 

A few things happen at once.

 

Their eyes meet.

 

'Drive!,' the stranger breathes out.

 

'What the , man? Does my car look like a cab?' Yoongi yells.

 

Turning his upper body to take a better look at the man, well, more like a kid, he sees two cops emerging from around the corner and notices that the other's clutching onto some object as if his life depends on it. Something clicks in Yoongi's head. He turns around and sees the lights turning green.

 

'Dude, you better have some great excuse,' he growls, pressing the accelerator.

 

They drive away as if nothing happened.

 

For a couple minutes the only sound breaking a thick silence inside the car is the stranger's heavy breathing. After he makes sure that the policemen have lost his tracks, he lets his muscles loosen a little and looks up to met the blonde's eyes in the mirror.

 

'Thanks,' he says.

'Whatever,' Yoongi answers sharply. They stop at the crossing and he takes a while to look at the other, taking in his features – well built body covered in a plain grey shirt and a dark outworn hoodie, almost black hair that surely haven't seen a comb for days, baby face with big, scared eyes and a bruise over his thin lips. This is a face that belongs neither to a high schooler, nor to an adult.

 

'This is not 21st Jump Street, y'know, man? What the hell do you think you were doing?

 

'Well, I think this is none of your business.' The kid says, straightening his back.

 

'Well, I saved your stupid from being caught, so I think it pretty much is, kid' Yoongi bites back. He sees the other curl up as if he was hit and he almost feels sorry for the second time that day.

 

'I'm not a kid.'

 

'Yeah, yeah. Whatever,' he mumbles again, fingers curling around the steering wheel. 'So, where do you want me to drop you off?' he asks casually.

 

'Doesn't matter,' the kid shrugs. 'Not here. Just... drive wherever. God, they almost got me this time. I need to find another place.' He seems to relax more and more, and his mouth doesn't shut up. Yoongi lets him talk though, wondering if he's done good and if he won't end in some dark alley with his throat cut open. But he can't find it in himself to get mad at the kid. He actually finds it kinda cute, how the dark haired boy's careful not to touch anything, looking so out of place in his ripped jeans, all messy and chaotic in the backseat of Yoongi's expensive car, everything shiny and luxury.

 

'I hope you didn't stab anyone, kiddo,' he interrupts, and the other opens his mouth to say something, but eventually closes it again. 'Shouldn't you be in school or something?'

 

'Shouldn't you be minding your own business? God, I'm not a killer. And for your information, I'm not a thief neither. I just... lend some things. And pay for them when I have money.'

 

Yoongi lifts an eyebrow sceptically. 'If you say so.'

 

'You don't believe me,' the kid says blankly. He blinks. 'Man, I'm serious. Like, dead serious. You don't believe me, huh? Here, look at this,' he hands him something and Yoongi reaches for it automatically. He stops by the road to look at the object. It's a small notebook, edges damaged, pages dirty and teared. On every one there are dozens of items written down in a messy handwriting. Some are erased, some others circled.

 

 

painkillers, one package, 15 dollars

 

dog food, 20 dollars

 

calcium, 9,99 dollars

 

kitkats, 5,35 dollars

 

 

'See?' The kid bends over his shoulder to point at something and a not-so-nice smell hits Yoongi's nostrils. 'I wanted to pay for what I took last time. They didn't believe me and called cops. I might have had something I shouldn't under my hoodie, so I ran away. I don't know how, but I have to go back there and pay. I'm not a ing robber, man. I always pay back.'

 

'I'm sure you do, kiddo.'

 

'And what is that supposed to mean?' There's a challenge in his voice and the blonde smirks, taking it.

 

'Nothing. You smell. Wanna take a shower?'

 

The other blinks.

 

'What?' For once he looks confused and Yoongi mentally pats himself.

 

'A shower. You know, people should take it once or twice a day.' He gives the kid his belonging and turns the engine on. 'I'm Yoongi, by the way.'

 

'J-Jungkook.'

 

'Nice to meet you, kid.'

 

He calls Hoseok again.

 

'Sorry, man, I think I'll be very late.'

 


there were so many good prompts and my friend zach chose this one for me. ily man