three

hopelessly i'll love you endlessly

title: of flus and rude grandpas

genre: fluff

word count: 862

summary: basically jungkook being sick and yoongi cheering him up in his own yoongi-ish way


 

The official statement of company was that Jungkook has got flu and he's not going to participate in upcoming promotions and concerts. Their fans were quick to respond, sending supportive messages and trending a hashtag #getwellsoonjungkook which hit the worldwide trends pretty soon. Taehyung showed it to the maknae on his phone during their drive back from the hospital and a tired smile flashed across their youngster's face. They were all worried about him but it was obviously Taehyung, Kook's best friend, that cared the most, too much perhaps; he was jumping around him, asking if he needs something, if he wants a glass of water, if he feels comfortable or maybe he wants his pillow to be moved a little.

'Gosh, Tae, it's not like I'm dying,' Jungkook mumbled, rolling his eyes as his youngest hyung checked on him for what felt like hundredth time in last half an hour. He tried to act cool outside but on the inside he felt bad. Guilt was eating him alive; he asked himself if his immune system couldn't collapse at any other time; instead it chose the worst moment possible. He knew the rest of Bangtan will handle this situation perfectly, they've done it before without Namjoon, but still - he couldn't help but feel like burden. And his well, everything, hurt like . It was understandable that he had little to no desire for Taehyung's bright persona jumping around.

Seokjin made sure he took his medicines and ate something before whispering a quiet 'goodnight' and closing the door to Jungkook's and Namjoon's room. It definitely did not feel good  to be manhandled like a baby, nor did his head aching and every single muscle burning. The painkillers did their work though and before he could complain to himself about how he can't use his mobile like he usually does before going to sleep because they took it away from him - you need to rest now, manager-hyung said - his eyelids started to feel heavy and he was just about to drift away when the door opened again.

'What the hell, I told you I'm fine,' he mumbled into his pillow. He just wanted to sleep and make that numbness go away. He felt the bed crack under an extra weight and then he knew it was not Taehyung; Jungkook knew his bandmates long enough to recognize their own ways of moving, and his youngest hyung would defenitely not be that gentle, probably more like a whale threw on a sand.

'Yah, you brat. How do you reference to your hyung?' Yoongi snapped at him and Jungkook just smiled.

'Sorry, hyung. Thought it was Tae.'

They just sat there for a while without saying a word and Jungkook listened to his hyung's breath feeling comfortable, almost happy because of the elder sitting there with him. His presence has always been somehow soothing for maknae. Since their trainee days, when he often cried for his parents, Yoongi was always there to comfort him in his unique, direct way. Many things changed, but not this.

'Seokjin'd kill me if he knew that I snekaed in here,' the grey haired boy finally said.

'He acts like my mum.'

'Just because he cares. We all do.'

Jungkook peeked at him with one eye.

'You too?'

He heard a snort.

'I do, my . I am so disappointed it's just a simple flu. Hoped for you to die instantly.'

The younger just laughed which soon turned into a series of short, sharp coughs.

'Sorry,' he mumbled when he calmed down. It was dark, with only a hint of pale moonlight creeping into the bedroom, and he more felt than saw a surprised frown appearing on Yoongi's face.

'For what, kid?'

'For letting ya'll down. I really didn't mean to get sick now, just before promotions start. I caused many problems and now you have to performance without me. It's not like I think you can't do this, I know you do, but I have to be taken care of and this is just so- I don't know, but it ,' he was then interrupted with Yoongi's hand hitting his head slighty. 'What was that for?!'

'For babbling nonsense. Kids these days,' Yoongi sighed dramatically. 'You can't blame yourself for getting sick, this could happen to anyone. Be glad it's not something more serious. A few days and you'll be back in game. Don't overreact.'

'Yes, grandpa.'

'The , you lil' . I really want to hit you.'

Jungkook wanted to laugh, but a big yawn left his mouth just then. He turned his head right, staring at his hyung's outline. 'You can't. I am the maknae. And I am sick.'

'Bastard.'

And that was it. No 'I'm worried about you', not a single 'I hope you'll feel better soon'. But for Jungkook, his hyung's presence and his rough words was more than enough. He did not want to be considered for caring - Min Suga was just too cool for it. And Jungkook learned to take it. He learned to take it all, and for now, he was just glad Yoongi came there to sit with him until he fell asleep.


guys i cried ugly for a hour when i found out about jungkook's condition im such a trash for him is2g. im beyond happy he's better now. also bts won 1st place!! i love ya'll armys so much. this is ofc not proof-readed cause im a trash and couldn't sleep all night because of da new bangtan bomb where jungkook cries i love him he's not supposed to cry k bye