When Jaehyun confesses to Yun, his lifelong best friend

Sweet Nothings: Scenario Shop! (CLOSED FOR REQUESTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for Kairi_Rose


Yun grips her jacket tighter, feeling the cold winter breeze irritate her all the way inside the car. She sniffles once, rubbing her nose slightly. “Gross.” Someone says, and she just knows who it is. Yun rolls her eyes, “You want me to pass you my cooties, Jung Jaehyun?” She asks sarcastically, threatening him by waving her ‘infected’ finger in front of him.

“What a scary remark,” Jaehyun replies indifferently, but his eyes are sparkling. “Psh.” Yun looks away, but a small smile is playing on her lips. They have been best friends for as long as she remembers. Jaehyun has always been the type to always make fun of her (he even made her cry in preschool when he about her ‘ugly’ pigtails) but he has also been her best confidant.

“We’re here.” She senses a slight excitement in her best friend’s voice, and she can’t deny that she’s also excited. It’s not the first time she’s spending Christmas with her friends, but she still feels that familiar rush of adrenaline in her veins. She suddenly feels warm, even though the (stupid) air conditioner is broken. They both climb out of her father’s car, but not before saying a short ‘thanks’ and promising that she’ll be safe.

“Don’t worry about it, sir, I’ll watch over her,” he says determinedly, and Yun doesn’t know if she heard wrong. After her dad drives away, she asks him, “What was that?” To which stupid Jaehyun just smiles at. Yun makes a face at him for his vague answer (if it’s even considered an answer, that is).

They ring the doorbell to Ten’s spacious home, and after some moments, the door opens. “You lovebirds are late. We’re all here already,” the Thailand boy says and invites them in. At his choice of words, Yun blushes slightly. Aish, he’s just making things awkward between us. She thinks as she takes off her shoes at the entrance.

They shuffle in his home, amazed at the decorations. “Yah, Ten, your family really went all in this year.” Jaehyun comments as he grins. “Well, what can I say?” Ten says jokingly, laughing. “Song Yun! You’re late!” Joy shrieks as soon as she sees her. “What’s with the uproar, Sooyoung?” Yun laughs. The girls huddle closer to her, and Seulgi looks behind to see Jaehyun entering the kitchen. Seeing the coast as clear, she wiggles her eyebrows at her. “So, you came with your hubby Jaehyun?”

Yun groans. “Come on, guys. This kind of talk again?” She slaps her forehead, and they giggle at her. “We can totally see that he’s head over heels for you!” Wendy claims, grinning like a child. “Yeah, and I overheard him talking with Taeyong yesterday,” Irene shares, “he was declaring his love for you in front of gramps!” The girls laugh.

“Stop it, guys.” Yun tries to command, but her cheeks are messily red. “You’re blushing!” Yeri points out chuckling. “He can hear us. He’s just in the kitchen,” Yun states urgently, silently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter