When Wonwoo and Jiyoung ran into her ex-boyfriend on their date

Sweet Nothings: Scenario Shop! (CLOSED FOR REQUESTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for EXOBeastismystyle

Jiyoung checks her reflection in the shop’s window as she draws large chunks of air to calm her beating heart. She herself doesn’t know why she still gets jittery around her seven month boyfriend. Maybe it’s got to do with his slightly reserved approach towards her, or perhaps she’s just imagining an invisible barrier between them. Whichever it may be, the point is – she’s still nervous.

Jiyoung quickly attempts to fix her hair as she brushes a stray hair away from her face. She tucks it behind her ear as she stomps her feet in effort to ease her anxiousness. It’s cold outside, but it doesn’t bother her as much as the thought of Wonwoo. Just as she’s starting to wonder when her boyfriend will arrive, she receives a text from him.

I’m gonna run a little late ‘cause of traffic. Wait for me inside. It’s cold. – Wonwoo

At his short, but caring message, she cracks a small smile. Even though he’s not the best at expressing his feelings, he’s thoughtful, and he watches over her a lot. Jiyoung tucks her phone in her pocket as she stuffs her face in her scarf. It’s warm, she thinks happily. She decides to head inside the coffee shop, a light tinkling sound filling her ears.

It’s even warmer inside. She looks around for a spare table, and as she does, she finds herself locking eyes with a familiar pair. Before she can speak, the person stands up, gladly greeting her as he closes the distance between them. “Jiyoung! Long time no see!” He exclaims as his lips carve into a familiar grin. Lee Seokmin. She didn’t think she would see him again, but here he is – standing in front of her, with the same warm eyes and big smile.

Jiyoung allows herself to grin as she tries to sink in the moment. Seokmin – her boyfriend for two years – is here. They didn’t exactly break up in bad terms, but it didn’t end up good, either. They were in a long distance relationship; her in Seoul, him in Daegu. At first they were handling it well, and then suddenly, they became too busy for each other.

“Let me order for you,” he says kindly. “Do you still like Americano?” He asks. Jiyoung smiles weakly, “No, it’s okay. I’m waiting for someone.” She looks at the entrance in hope of seeing Wonwoo. “Ah… alright. How are you, then?” Seokmin inquires as he sips on his coffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter