Chapter 5

My Wolf Wants To Play
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello hello! Finally had time to upload a new chapter, hope you guys enjoy! 

As the next few days passed by, the boys of the pack started greeting me when they saw me in school. I guessed that since I knew about their secret and that they helped me with the vampire (Suho confirmed that the creature was a vampire when we were talking at the basketball stands), we couldn't just keep ignoring each other. It started with awkward and hesitant smiles, the kind where you kinda know each other and you have mutual friends but you don't exactly know each other. Then it progressed to proper smiles and occasionally a hand wave. The person that I got to know better, beyond the smiles and waves, was Kyungsoo, who I came to realise was an awfully sweet and kind soul with a heart-shaped smile that was freaking adorable. He had approached me after school on Friday, before I went to meet Suho for our tutoring session, and asked if I could tell him more about my volunteering at the clinic. He explained that he always wanted to be a doctor or just someone in the medical field and perhaps volunteering in a clinic would be a good start. He also mentioned "the pro-bono work at your clinic? wow!" and chattered excitedly about how this was so meaningful and fufiling. After explaining to him about how the clinic works and promising to introduce him to Dr Jang, he walked me to the study room and said hi to Suho before leaving the library.

 

"Hey Ari!" Kai greeted as I walked past him to get to my locker.

I smiled and waved, noticing the strange looks people gave me. Ever since I started interacting with the 6 boys, people began staring and whispering whenever they saw our interaction. I wasn't really bothered by it though. I found it lame and childish, I mean come on we are in high school already, can't people make friends without all the unneccessary judgement? Junghee supported me wholeheartedly, telling me to ignore those "stupid fools who are simply jealous" and though Donghae question her sudden friendship with the 6 guys, he didn't make any ridiculous requests for her to stop talking to them.

Sehun and I remained slightly awkward, especially since our last parting was not the most pleasant one. He did still greet me when he saw me around, but never made any move to start a conversation. Our texts also stopped, which was something I was very upset about, and Junghee kept teasing me about it.

 

"Looking through your old texts with him again?" Junghee teased as she caught me scrolling through my message conversation with Sehun. 

I pouted, exiting the messaging app. "I just wonder what happened that day! I was hoping we could start talking and be friends... but I guess not."

When Junghee didn't reply, I looked up to catch a twinkle of mischief in her eyes just as she called out, "Oh Sehun!"

Holy crap. 

"What are you doing?!" I hissed, glancing left and right to see if Sehun was approaching. 

She ignored me and gestured at somebody over my head.

"Sehun," She started, once he was near enough I could sense him behind me. "Is your phone spoilt?"

I turned around to see his response.

"No..?" He answered, tilting his head cutely.

"Oh I was just wondering, because poor Ari here has been waiting for a text from you for quite some time I thought maybe you lost your phone or damaged it." She smiled sweetly.

"Junghee!" I screamed, slapping a hand over as she was about to continue talking. Her words came out muffled against my mouth and I scowled at her.

Sehun cleared his throat, clearly taken aback by Junghee.

"I'm sorry, she's a little out of it today hence the nonsense she is spouting. Don't listen to her." I hurriedly explained.

"Hmm, are you sure? I've noticed the longing looks that you give me when we pass by each other in school," He smirked.

"That is completely untrue!" I defended, my blush betraying me.

Sehun let out a bark of laughter before retorting back, "You know it is."

I kept silent for awhile and dropped my hand from Junghee's mouth. 

"If you noticed them, then why didn't you do anything about it?" I finally asked. Junghee let out a a soft "Ari" beside me, but I tapped her thigh to shush her.

"I wasn't sure what you wanted from me, and I don't know if I can give you what you want." He answered carefully.

I tilted my head, frowning a little as I absorbed his words before finally nodding and giving him a small smile.

"I see." I said simply. Then I turned around and continued using me phone, effectively dismissing him. 

If Sehun had any response, I didn't see it, and I didn't turn around until I knew he had walked away.

 

That night, I laid in my bed and called Elliot, my cousin who was living in Canada. He was living there alone, studying business and finance.

"How's my favourite girl doing?" Elliot spoke.

"I'm good buddy. You?"

"Same old I guess. How's your love life?"

"Pretty much non-existent..."

I proceeded to tell Elliot about Sehun and he told me not to worry too much about it.

"Sometimes, guys are just because we can't figure out what we want. Give him some time, i'm sure he'll figure it all out." He advised.

"I sure hope so. Anyway, any pretty girls over in your campus?"

We chatted for another 10 minutes before Elliot had to go and we hung up. Just as my thumb pressed the "end call" b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter