Chapter 4

My Wolf Wants To Play
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Oops, I realised I posted this chapter when it was only partially completed. Anyway, here is the full chapter for those who saw this chapter earlier on. Again, thank you so much for subscribing and upvoting this story! :)

 

"And he just left?? Like that??" Jungie demanded over the phone, her voice getting higher by the second. She had called me once her volleyball training ended, as I texted her to ring me asap.

"Yeah, I can't believe it either!"

"That doesn't make any sense!"

"Mm," I replayed the scenario in my head. Sehun didn't even seem surprised when I mentioned that I knew about him and his friends being wolves. 

"Wait, did you ask him why he has the note when you dropped it in Kai's locker?" Junghee's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"No I forgot. But maybe Kai just passed it to him?" I replied, frowning as I thought about it. It did seem a little strange that Sehun was the one to approach me.

"Hmm. Well, let's just see if anything happens tomorrow?"

"Yeah, that's all we can do I guess." I conceded.

We hung up soon after that, but my mind was still clouded with questions. What was with Sehun's lack of reaction? Did he already know that I knew? And about me knowing about the vampire-whatnot? Why didn't he have any questions for me?!!

 

I tossed and turned in my bed that night, unable to fall asleep. I could hear my dad snoring next door, my neighbour's dog scratching on the floor above me, the leaky tap in my toilet that was making drip sounds. I faced the ceiling and continued mulling over this afternoon's events. Then, my phone buzzed. I stretched across my covers to my bedside table and grabbed my phone.

[Unknown]: Thanks for letting us know. We settled it already.

[Ari]: Who is this?

[Unknown]: Sehun.

Ouch. I just dropped my phone on my face. I picked it off my face and stared at the screen. Sehun? Sehun??

[Ari]: How did you get my number?

[Sehun]: Suho gave it to me

[Ari]: I see. No problem. Thanks for helping me too, I guess.

There was no reply for the next 5 minutes and I guessed that he probably thought it was the end of the conversation. Just before my phone touched my bedside table again, it vibrated in my hand. I don't think my hand has ever moved that quickly before, but in the next second my phone was back in front of my face.

[Sehun]: Goodnight.

Holy cakeballs. Sehun just wished me goodnight. HE WISHED ME GOODNIGHT. I think I started hyperventilating at some point because I couldn't remember what happened. 8 minutes later I found myself lying on my stomach, my face pressed into my pillow to suppress a squeal. I took another 2 minutes to get a hold of myself before I realised I didn't reply him.

[Ari]: Goodnight! :)

OH CRAP. I shouldn't have put the smiley face.

[Ari]: *Goodnight!

 

I think I lost more sleep that night from Sehun's text than from what I was worried about initially and when I came into class the next morning, Junghee stared so hard at me I thought her eyeballs were going to fall off. 

"WHAT is with you?" She demanded.

I giggled and dumped my bag on the floor beside my table. 

"Okay, you have this really strange look on your face and if I didn't know any better I would say it's a look of love." Junghee grabbed my elbow and made me face her.

"You don't know any better," I whispered, a smile etched on my face.

Junghee scrutinized me for a few minutes before she jabbed me in my side and demanded for an explanation.

"Sehun texted me last night," I giggled, tossing my phone to her.

Junghee's shriek was all I heard before I continued floating in my bubble of happiness.

 

When it was our lunch break, Junghee and I left the classroom only to find Suho waiting for me outside. 

"Ari, can we please talk?" Suho stopped me once he noticed me.

"Uh, sure," I answered, casting Junghee a look before following him. 

"I don't want to go to lunch alone," Junghee whined, tugging on my hand to stop me from leaving.

I turned my head back to Suho to see his reaction.

"She knows, about the wolf thing, yknow." I quickly added.

"Oh, then that's all right. Let's go," Suho smiled and gestured for us to follow him.

We walked quite a distance to the basketball court and settled down behind the stands, where it was empty. Suho began asking me about the note that I left in Kai's locker and I explained that I had to warn someone about this creature and the only people I could think of was the pack. He tried to ask about how I got such information but I kept changing the direction of the conversation to avoid the topic and Junghee helped by pitching in questions about how the pack "settled it". Suho also mentioned that the pack was curious about how I came to know of their secret and whilst it was quite tough, I managed to convince Suho that I would explain it to him some other time.

"Oh by the way, I have 2 questions for you," I broke the short silence that settled between us.

Suho looked up.

"How come Sehun came looking for me when I dropped the letter in Kai's locker? Also, did you give Sehun my number?" I probed.

"Well, Sehun mentioned that he saw you dropping something in Kai's locker and he went to retrieve it before Kai even opened his locker. We all know each other's locker codes." Suho remarked. "As for the second question, I didn't. Why do you ask though? Do you want me too?" He teased.

I blushed a little,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter