Chapter 1

My Wolf Wants To Play
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Choi Ari!" Mr Moon, our homeroom teacher, called out.

I trudged to the front of the class and gave him a tight smile. I had a bad feeling about this, and my intuition is almost always right. He looked at me passively and handed me my report card.

"See me after school." He called, as I turn to walk back to my seat.

 

SK HIGH SCHOOL - Mid Semester Report

Student Name: Choi Ari

Class: 1A

 

English: 91

Mathematics: 48

Biology: 90

Chemistry: 91

History: 87

Geography: 89

 

I blinked at the numbers. 48?! That's .... an improvement from my first class test, where I scored 45, but still a mark that taints my report card. I sigh, throwing my hands onto the table and resting my forehead on them. I felt a nudge at my right shoulder, but ignored it.

"Ari! How's math?" JungHee asked, poking me at my shoulder again.

I swatted her hand away and tilted my head to give her a sad face before returning to my orginal position.

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad?" She persisted.

I picked up my report card and slid it across to her. 2 seconds later, she squealed. I turned to glare at her.

"Are you that happy over my pathetic math grade?" I growled out.

"No but Ari, you made an improvement! That totally calls for a celebration!" She clapped her hand on my shoulder and shook it, excitement b in her eyes.

"But," I protested, "It's only a 3 mark improvement! Goodness, I just don't understand why math and I can't be friends."

"Maybe you should attend Mr Moon's remedial lessons," She mused, "Though his lessons are really for those hopeless cases."

I turned to slap her as the bell rang, signalling for lunch.

 

As the last bell went off, I packed my bag and gestured for Junghee to go first. Then I made my way back to my homeroom, up 2 flights of stairs and onto the 3rd floor of the west wing. 

"Come in," Mr Moon responded as I rapped my knuckles against the door.

I hesitantly stepped in. Mr Moon waved me over and pointed toward the chair opposite him.

"So Ari," He started, after I settle down in the chair. "You are an excellent student, but your mathematics grades are just keeping you back."

I nodded sullenly. Dammit, why is math so difficult?!

"Do you perhaps want to join my remedial class?" He suggested.

I cringed a little. Mr Moon's math remedial class was honestly a class meant for those who can't even do basic algebra. Surely I'm not that bad. And besides, math remedials are on Tuesday afternoons and I help out at the neighbourhood clinic after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

"I'm afraid I can't make tuesday afternoons, sir." I replied.

He considered my words, scratching at a patch on his cheek. Then he tilted his head and a gleam appeared in his eyes.

"How about getting a fellow student to tutor you?" He asked, leaning forward.

 

 

2 days later, I head up to the library after school to meet with my supposed math tutor. Mr Moon did not inform me who it would be, except that he has already arranged and explained my situation to the student and we would meet at the study room in the library 15 minutes after school every Friday. When I told Junghee about the arrangement, she was way too excited for me. 

"Oh my goodness, what if it's a super hot guy!" She shrieked, clapping her hands together. "Wait, can't you yknow, try and sense who it might be? Use your power or magic or whatnot."

I shake my head. "I tried but nothing is coming to me," I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Hmm, either way, you have to let me know if he's cute!" She answered, "Then maybe i'll just fail math too..."

I snorted, shoving her away and walking towards the library.

"I'm serious!" She called.

I turned around and rolled my eyes at her. She grinned cheekily but left after I waved her away. 

I pushed open the door to the library and spot a couple of friends in a corner. I waved to them and head on to the back of the library where the entrance of the study room is at. I peeked through the transparent panel across the walls of the study room and see a few students studying individually. There were still a few tables empty. I analysed the students inside the room, trying to figure out if my tutor was any of them. The first person I inspected was a girl with long brown hair and thick red specs. I spied the textbook that I used in my freshman year on her right. Ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter