Chp. 2

My Boyfriend's Best Friend

"And then i was like, girl do you know who i am?!" Everyone started laughing in the dinner table except Sunny.

"Gain you're so funny!" Joongki's father said.

Sunny's face was all salty. She tugs onto Joongki's sleeve as a signal that she needs to go back home. But, Joongki didn't notice. Sunny sighs in frustration. 

"Is something wrong Sunny?" Gain asked putting her hand on Sunny's shoulder.

"Oh um, it's just that i have to go home and study." 

"Sunny why don't you stay here for an hour. You can just go to school next Monday and hang with you and Gain." Sunny's mom says.

"B-but, you know i have a test tomorrow." Sunny says.

"Maybe she's right. She needs to go home and study so she can be more educated." Gain says.

"wait, is she calling me dumb?" Sunny thought.

...

Sunny left Joongki's house. As soon as she got into her car she can hear loud laughs and the sound of banging on the table. Sunny sighs. She drove back home feeling jealous. Why you may ask? Because Sunny thinks she's just a no fun person.

She thinks that Gain is way better than her. Sad huh? 

Sunny lies down in her bed. She grabs her phone and dialed Joongki's number. Sunny eagerly waits for her boyfriend to pick up the call. Nothing happened. Sunny dials Wendy's number. The same thing happens.

She then dialed her parent's phone number and nothing happens. She sighs in frustration. She stoods up and grabs her textbooks and her laptop to study for her test tomorrow.

...

It was past Sunny's bedtime. She was still studying. Her eyelids were getting heavy. She was too tired even if she was still on that same page she was studying. She lied.

Sunny's eyes slowly closed. Her head rests on the completely organized desk. Until she heard loud laughing. She closed her textbook and her laptop and ran downstairs.

She sees a short haired girl with her parents. The short haired girl turns around. It was Gain with Sunny's parents who were actually drunk from drinking alot of champagne. Sunny sighs once again.

"Oh, you're still up?" Gain says.

"Y-yeah *yawns* so what brings you here?"

"I was just dropping off your parents. Apparently they got drunk from drinking alot champagne." Gain says.

Sunny's parents were dropped dead on the floor. 

... 

The sound of the alarm goes off. This time it doesn't make the short petite girl jump. The noise of her snoring was louder than her alarm clock. After two minutes she finally wakes up.

She stopped the alarm and stood up half awake. She dragged her body downstairs since she remembered she didn't need to go to school. She sat down still half awake on the breakfast table.

"What are you doing here still not dressed!?" Her mom yells.

She finally had her senses back. She's fully awoke due to her mother yelling at her.

"H-huh, what. I thought you said i can go to school next Monday." 

"Well i changed my mind now go get ready! You don't wanna be late for the first time!" Her mom yells.

Sunny quickly ran upstairs and got ready as fast as she could. She didn't have time for breakfast since she was gonna be late and being late for class was her worst nightmare.

Sunny quickly grabs her car keys to her car. The garage opens and away she goes. She drove to Joongki's house. She dials Joongki's number. 

"yeobeseyo?"

"sorry jagiya. I woke up late now hurry and call your sister or we're gonna be late!"

"oh about that. You see, i got a ride from Gain. I'm sorry i didn't tell you. Forgive me jagiya." 

Sunny sighs in frustration and ends the call without saying a goodbye.

...

"Alright class you know what time it is.." The professor says.

The proffessor passes up a paper filled with math questions. Today was the test and Sunny didn't even studied. She was busy spacing out of what happened from last night.

She was still jealous at Gain. As soon as the paper was finally passed at Sunny, she didn't know what to do. Her mind was blank. All these questions weren't familiar to her. Everything was just a bunch of confusing numbers to her instead of "oh i know all of these."

...

Test was over and Sunny was the only one left in the class. She looks around her and everyone was gone.

"F*** this!" Sunny says to herself.

She guessed on every answer and turned it in to the professor. She quickly ran out of the class to meet up with Joongki. As soon she went outside the front campus, she sees Joongki with Gain talking.

She felt the heat of anger on her body. She walks towards her car which was next to Gain's car. 

"Hey jagiya! Sorry about morning." Joongki says hugging Sunny from behind.

Sunny turns around to Joongki with her salty face.

"Hey what's wrong? Was test hard?" Joongki says.

"N-no it's just that i'm stressed." Sunny says.

All of a sudden from Joongki's back, she sees Gain smirking evily at her. 

"I-i gotta go..." Sunny says walking away.

"Wait, why don't you join dinner with me and Joongki's family." Gain says acting all innocent.

...

Sunny drives to Joongki's house. She agreed to join dinner with Joongki and his family. Before ringing the doorbell, she tries to let it go. She tries to be happy. She tries being positive about Gain.

She rings the doorbell and reveals a handsome young man.

"Hey noona!" Joongki's cousin says.

"Hey Yoongi do you know where Joongki oppa is?" Sunny asked.

"Hyung is upstairs helping Gain noona with her zipper." Suga says.

"Be positive be positive be positive be positive be positive." Sunny thought.

Sunny greets all Joongki's family until Joongki comes downstairs.

...

"Hey jagiya!" Sunny says happily.

"Looks like someone's happy. Is something wrong with you?" Joongki says.

Sunny playfully hits Joongki on the shoulder. The sound of the door slammed were heard upstairs. It revealed a beautiful short haired girl with a revealing red dress. Gain's cleavage were visible making the men feel more excited. While the other women encouraged her revealing dress.

Sunny on the other hand was salty. She tried calming down by drinking a can of beer from a fridge.

"Sunny sweetie, what are you doing? You're gonna lose your appetite!" Joongki's mother took away the can of beer out of Sunny's hands and threw it outside the backyard.

...

"Wow! This is really good son!" Joongki's father says.

"Thanks dad! Gain helped me cook!" Joongki said making Sunny choke on her water.

"Sunny you okay?" Gain said patting Sunny on the back.

Sunny nodded.

Everyone but Joongki, Sunny, and Gain were outside having fun on the swimming pool. Joongki was finished getting ready for a swim.

"I'm gonna go for a swim. See ya!" Joongki said.

It was a quiet atmosphere for Sunny and Gain. There were both alone without saying a word except Gain looking at Sunny coldly. 

"So, what do you do for a living?" Sunny asked.

"Oh shut up you pabo!" Gain yelled.

Sunny was confused. She wonders if she did something wrong.

"E-excuse me?" 

"You heard me!" Gain yelled.

"I know that you and Joongki are dating but i want you to stop bothering him you little brat!" She added.

Gain left the living room and went upstairs to change onto her swimsuit.

"w-what just happened?" Sunny thought.

To be continued...