Chapter 5

Miracle

Chapter 5

Bobby catches Hanbin and drops to the floor, holding him in his arms. The others immediately rush towards them while Yunhyuk just came to them. Bobby panics and yells. “Call an ambulance! Please someone call an ambulance!” He looks at Hanbin then touches his stomach and Hanbin while he trembles all over his body. He whisper as he starts to cry. ”Hanbin-ah, please open your eyes...Hanbin-ah..alright...I am here please open your eyes! Open them already!” Yunhyuk takes out his phone and calls Lee Ryo when a staff member already brought the paramedic. The paramedic checks on Hanbin when Bobby continues to cry out Hanbins name. “Hanbin-ah open your eyes, please just open them...you can't do that...” Bobby holds on to Hanbins hand and sobs. The others can only look at them, feeling just as helpless as Bobby. Got7 and GFRIEND are backstage as well as BTS, whose turn is to go on stage but everyone just looks at iKON and Bobby holding Hanbin unconscious in his arms. The staff informs the MC's on stage to continue the talking segment to win more time. Bobby holds Hanbin in his arms while the paramedic check on Hanbins pulse. Bobby sobs and brushes away Hanbins hair and whispers. “Please open your eyes...” Hanbin hears Bobby's voice as if it comes from afar and forces himself to open his eyes. He blinks his eyes and opens his mouth. His voice sounds tired and exhausted. “...Don't ...don't yell at me...” He shuts his eyes again and sighs. Bobby holds on his breath and stares at Hanbin. He caresses Hanbins cheek and stutters. “Hanbin-ah?” Hanbin moves his head and touches his stomach then frowns. “It hurts, Jiwon-Hyung...I can't feel the baby move...it's not moving...” Bobby touches Hanbins stomach and tries to assure him with his own worried and scared voice. “Shhh....don't talk ….it will be alright...the ambulance is on their way...the baby will be alright...you will be alright...okay?...” He looks to Yunhyuk and expects a yes. Yunhyuk nods his head and Bobby smiles faintly and caresses Hanbins cheek. “They are on their way here...you see...you will be alright...so don't worry...” Hanbin sighs and leans on Bobby's chest. “I feel so tired...Jiwon-Hyung...I'm just so tired.” Bobby cries and looks at Hanbin. “Hanbin-ah...Hanbin, don't close your eyes! Stay by me!” Hanbin loses his continuous again and his hands drop lifeless down. The medics shove Bobby away and yell. “I am losing his pulse! I am starting cardiac massage! Bobby stares at Hanbin and the doctors and clutches his hand on his mouth. Chanwoo and Jinhwan hold on to Bobby while they only stare at medics reviving Hanbins pulse. Everyone catches his breath, without knowing what exactly is going on. Just then the ambulance together with doctor Lee arrive. Lee immediately rushes to Hanbin and takes over the cardiac massage until he hears his heartbeat again. He orders the medics. “Respiratory mask!” The medic hand him the tool and he inserts it into Hanbins throat and shows the medic to handle it while he starts to take off Hanbins shirt to check on the baby. Bobby can't understand the situation any more and starts to yell, looking at Lee. “You told him it will be fine for him to perform! You said it will be fine!” He wants to grab Lee when Chanwoo and Jinhwan hold him back. “Bobby-Hyung!” Chanwoo holds on to his shoulder while Jinhwan stops him from going forward. “Jiwon-ah!” Lee looks at Bobby then at Hanbin and clicks his tongue but he ignores Bobby and continues to check on Hanbin. After listening to the sounds of the baby, he looks up and yells. “I can't hear the baby's heartbeat! Everybody move the stretcher to the car!” The medics start to roll Hanbin towards the exit and Bobby's chest hurts as if he got hit by a car. “He said Hanbin can perform...then...then why ...” Without even thinking his body starts to move on its own. He rushes after Hanbin and follows the medics. Lee sees Bobby but can't pay attention to him. Hanbins heartbeat is too weak and they need to move fast. They reach the car and heave Hanbin into it. Bobby gets in too and grabs Hanbins hand. “Hanbin-ah I am here...I am here...” Lee unable to do anything now calls the hospital. “I need an operating room for premature delivery. I want you to have everything ready in the next 10 minutes!” He informs the hospital then hangs up. Bobby looks at Lee with wide eyes. “...premature delivery?....you will get the baby? But...but it's too soon!...” Bobby's eyes are shaking and he holds Hanbins hand tighter. Lee looks at Bobby and clicks his tongue. “We have no other choice otherwise I will lose both!” Bobby looks at Lee and his voice trembles. “No...no...you said it will be alright...you said...” He stares at Lee. Lee looks at Bobby and tries to calm him down. “Listen I won't lose them! I won't let this happen!” Bobby shuts his mouth and just nods. He has no other choice, he has to trust Lee now.

 

They ride another 5 minutes until they reach the hospital. Hanbins pulse gets weak again a few seconds before they reached the hospital and Lee starts the cardiac massage again until Hanbins pulse beats a bit faster. Bobby feels as if his world is shattering into pieces. The car stops and Lee throws the ambulance car doors open. A team of nurses and medics are already waiting for them at the entrance. Lee and the others push the stretcher with Hanbin out of the car and roll him down the hallway to the ER. Bobby runs with them holding Hanbins hand until the last second but has to let go and see him vanish him behind the doors again. Bobby sinks to the floor and start to cry. “Please god....I beg you...save him!”

Yunhyuk and the others immediately went after them, as soon as Yunhyuk talked with the staff of the festival. About one hour later due to traffic jam they arrive at the hospital and look for Bobby in the hospital. They find him in the hallway still kneeling on the floor. Yunhyuk and Jinhwan rush to him and kneel next to him. Bobby can't lift his head and his body still trembles. Chanwoo and Donghyuk look at Bobby and wish they could assure him that Hanbin and the baby will be fine but they are just as clueless as Bobby. June pats Jinhwan's shoulder who is close to tears himself and talk in a calm voice, facing Bobby. “Jinhwan-huyng.” Jinhwan gets up and hugs June and starts to cry. June holds Jinhwan in his arms and walks a bit down the hallway to calm him down to not worry Bobby even more. Yunhyeong touches Bobby's arm and Bobby finally looks up, his eyes as dark as the night and red from crying. “They said they have to get the baby and ….I... I could lose them both....” His voice cracks and he loses his strength and leans against Yunhyeong's chest. Chanwoo unable to keep standing himself drops on the seats behind him and stares at Bobby's back when he hears what he is saying. Donghyuk puts his arm on Chanwoo and holds on to him to comfort him and to try staying calm himself but his tears run down his cheek anyway. Yunhyeong holds on to Bobby when the ER room doors open and some nurses together with a doctor rush out of the room with an incubator and leave into another room. Bobby gets up and looks at the incubator, his knees trembling seeing a tiny light blue baby lay inside it. “Baby!” He stares at the baby and wants to run after it when a nurse heads to Bobby and looks at him. Yunhyeong makes Bobby stop and faces the nurse. As soon as Bobby sees her, he wipes away his tears. “What is with the baby? What about Hanbin?” The nurse looks commiserate. “Doctor Lee just delivered the baby but we don't have a heartbeat yet they are taking the baby to another room to treat it. We can't say anything yet but it is critical.” Bobby clutches his hand on his mouth and feels faint when Yunhyuk and Yunhyeong hold on to him to support him. Bobby's lips tremble but he needs to know. “What...what about Hanbin? Is he alright?” The nurse looks sad and lowers her eyes unable to face Bobby. “There are complications. Doctor Lee is currently trying to stop the bleeding but Mr. Kim is losing a lot of blood. I...I'm sorry.” Bobby stares at the nurse and now his world falls apart entirely. “This can't be...please this can't be true...” The nurse bows and leaves back inside the ER room from Hanbin. Bobby holds on to Yunhyeong and Yunhyuk and starts to cry bitterly his screams echo through the hallway and everyone else is just speechless. Jinhwan holds on to June and sobs while June himself doensn't know what he should feel or think. No one expected this and all they can do is wait and hope for another miracle.

 

...to be continued