Chapter 1

Miracle

Chapter 1

iKON schedules are really tight and no one really get the chance to rest unless they can sleep for a few minutes or hours on the plane or hotel. Bobby and June are still a bit sick but expect from a slight cough and a bit of a hoarse throat they are fine. Hanbin on the contrary won't get over his cold, in fact he actually feels even sicker. They just arrived in China for their “The Remix” recording. Bobby and Chanwoo help Hanbin to carry his things, since they want him to rest a bit before they start recording. Hanbin uncomfortable with the fact that they all care so much about him, ignores his condition and acts as nothing. Yunhyuk notice that Hanbin doesn't feel well enough but they have no other choice as to hold keep their schedules. Hanbin knows that and he is the leader after all, he can't afford to drag down his team. Once they arrived at their hotel, Bobby opens their hotel door to let Hanbin go in first. Hanbin nods and forces himself to smile when his knees suddenly start to feel weak and he leans on the wall to support his body. Bobby just shut the door when he sees Hanbin resting against the wall. He puts down their luggage and gentle puts his hands on Hanbins back. “Hanbin-ah? Are you sure you can do the recording today?” Hanbin turns his face to Bobby and just then Bobby sees how pale and tired Hanbin looks. Bobby's heart almost aches seeing him like this but Hanbin smiles and sighs. “I am fine. I just took a cold medicine, it should operate in a bit.” Bobby still worried holds on to Hanbin and feels Hanbins temperature with the palm of his hand. Hanbin shuts his hand and sighs. “I don't have a fever, I just feel tired. Don't worry.” Bobby sighs and takes down his hand then caresses Hanbins cheek. “If you feel too exhausted then stop, okay? I don't want you to overwork yourself when you are not feeling well.” Hanbin nods and leans his head on Bobby's shoulder. “I am fine, stop treating me like a girl.” Bobby clicks his tongue and smells on Hanbins scent. “I don't treat you like a girl, but I do treat you like my boyfriend, so could you please stop telling me I shouldn't care. Of course I will care, I am worried.” Hanbin sighs and snuggles himself on Bobby's chest. “Ara, ara, then let me stay like this for a bit. It feels so nice.” Bobby nods and pats Hanbins back gentle. Hanbin smiles and let more of his body weight rest on Bobby until Bobby notices that Hanbin fell asleep. Bobby turns slightly to the wall to make Hanbin lean a bit against it so he has it easier to lift him up, to carry him to the bed. Hanbin moans slightly when he feels the soft ground underneath him but doesn't wake up. Bobby caresses his cheek then leaves to let him take a little nap.

 

Hanbin continues to sleep when he suddenly feels like throwing up and gets up to rusho to the bathroom. As soon as he lifts the toilet lid he throws up. Bobby just came back after talking to Yunhyuk  and doesn't see Hanbin on the bed. He looks around and when he hears strange sounds out of the bathroom he gets nervous. “Hanbin-ah?” Hanbin just threw up once more when Bobby opens the door to the bathroom. “Hanbin-ah?!” Hanbin sighs and shows Bobby not to come closer. “Don't...I don't want you to see this...” Hanbin throws up again and feels really terrible. Pearls of sweat cover his forehead and his skin is even paler. Bobby kneels next to him and presses the toilet flush. “I told you, you need to rest.” Hanbin shakes his head and just when he thought it was over he had to throw up again. Bobby Hanbins back while he let everything out and reaches for the towels to wipe his sweat. Hanbin trembles and coughs then leans back and rest on Bobby's chest. Bobby brushes back Hanbins hair and sounds worried. “Hanbin-ah, don't you think it would be good to see a doctor? At least once? We were all sick but no one ever threw up until now, also we didn't had for the past days so it can't come from that.” Hanbin coughs and grabs the towel to wipe his mouth then gets up on his feet. Bobby helps him when Hanbin notices his knees feel weak and he needs Bobby's support to stand. “You can't even walk now! How will you dance with us later!” Hanbin sighs and wobbles to the sinkthenrinses his mouth out. “I will be fine, it feels better now, maybe I just ate something strange on the plain.” Bobby looks sceptical. “Hanbin-ah, you didn't eat anything.” Hanbin blushes and turns to the side. “That...anyway...don't worry. I am fine.” Bobby sighs and walks to him. “You are not! You are sick and need rest!” Hanbin looks at him with big eyes and sighs. He puts his hand on Bobby's chest and rests his head against him. “I know that you are concerned but I am fine, really. I know my limits and I feel a lot better after throwing up. Don't worry.” Hanbin smiles at Bobby and steps back. “I better get ready now. It's already late, you shouldn't have let me sleep.” Hanbin looks at Bobby with a cute scolding expression then leaves the bathroom and get changed. Bobby follows him with his eyes then walks after him and gives him a back hug. Hanbin jolts confused but puts his hands on Bobby's. Bobby kisses Hanbins shoulder and sighs. “If you feel exhausted or the practice is too hard for you, then promise me you take a break. Araso?” Hanbin laughs and nods. “I will. But now you have to let me go so I can get ready.” Bobby sighs but let him go.

 

After a few minutes they meet with the others in the lobby to go to the practice and rehearsal before the real shoot will start. Hanbin leads the training as usual without showing flaws. Only Bobby can't seem to focus on anything else but Hanbin. He does keep the choreography right, since he knows one mistake would make it even harder for Hanbin but he still can't perform without worries.

Their practice ends and the director of the show informs Yunhyuk and the others that they will start with the recording now. Hanbin and the others get ready and let their make up get touched up before they start the filming.

Six hours later the director is finally happy with the material and calls it a day. Hanbin sweated more than usual. Bobby as well as the other members notice that too and the staff even had to bring a similar shirt, since Hanbins shirt was too soaked in sweat for the shoot. When they want to leave the stage Hanbin notices that his sight starts to turn blurry until it gets pitch-black. Before he gets the change to hold on to something he feels how his body looses all his strength and sinks to the floor. Bobby walks behind Hanbin and just when he wants to go next to him, Hanbin faints. Bobby catches Hanbin before he can hit his head on the floor and shouts out his name. “Hanbin-ah!” Bobby sinks on his knee holding on to Hanbin. Everyone stops and turn to them. Hanbin doesn't reply and just lays unconscious in Bobby's arms. Bobby tries to shake Hanbin in his arms to make him wake up but he is too worried to make his condition worse so he only shouts his name. “Hanbin-ah?! Wae are you like this? Hanbin-ah!” He looks up into the eyes of the other members and starts trembling. “Wae ...wae is he like this?” Hanbin can hear Bobby's voice as if he is under water and he wants to say something but his lips won't move. His body feels heavy and his pulse starts to beat slower with each time he breathes.

Yunhyuk rushed to them and kneels next to Bobby. The others stand around him just as shocked and worried as Bobby. Yunhyuk pats Bobby's shoulder and tries to keep his cool too. “Bobby-ah, stay calm, alright.” He turns to the staff to call for a paramedic when he sees him already rush towards them. Bobby's whole body shakes as he holds on to Hanbin but looks at the paramedic. “Please tell me what's wrong with him? Why ...why is he like this.” The paramedic just wants to start to check on Hanbin when he suddenly stops and gets up. Bobby has his eyes fixed on him and wants to yell at the paramedic when Donghyuk's shaking voice grabs all their attention. “Is...is that blood?” Bobby and the others look at Hanbin when they see a red liquid spreading underneath Hanbins unconscious body. Bobby holds his breath and stares at Hanbin. His voice sounds now even more scared than before. He leans down on Hanbin his cheek when he notices that his hands are covered in Hanbins blood. Bobby stares at his fingers and his mind turns blank. Jinhwan and June both unable to see blood or to understand the situation turn away and try to not faint themselves. Yunhyeong unable to cope with the situation but grabs Jinhwan and June to take them away from the scene to keep them from fainting. The paramedic yells at Bobby and tell him to move when the ambulance men rush to them. Donghyuk and Chanwoo grab Bobby's shoulder and pull him away to make space for the medics. Yunhyuk looks to the boys then turns to the medics. They start to put Hanbin on the stretcher and askin one question after the other in English. “What's his blood type? Is he allergic towards penicillin? Did he show any symptoms of disorder, confusion, tiredness? When was the last time he was sick? Did he take sleeping pills or any other medications?” Yunhyuk looks confused and helpless to answer the question since his English isn't that fluent and his stress doesn't help him much either. Bobby clicks his tongue and shoves Chanwoo and Donghyuk away then walks to the stretcher and yells at the medic. “His blood time is 0. He never said that he is allergic towards penicillin. He was tired but we were practising and performing for the past days almost non stop everyone is tired but he did throw up today but said he felt better afterwards. As far as I know he didn't take medicine except a cold medicine this afternoon for his slight cold, at least that's what we thought until now.” The medic immediately goes to get the blood bottle and connects it with Hanbins vein. Bobby looks at the medics. “Why is he like this? Please...tell me he is alright.” The medics just ignore Bobby and continue to treat Hanbin. Yunhyuk look at Bobby but Bobby has his eyes only fixed on Hanbin and the medics. Chanwoo and Donghyuk watch as if this isn't really happening. The medics turn to Yunhyuk. “Does he have a guardian?” Yunhyuk nods and gulps. “Yes, yes...I ...am his ...guardian.” The medic nod then talks in a straight and calm voice. “Then please come with us. We are taking him to the hospital.” Yunhyuk nods and when he just wants to start walking Bobby grabs his arm and turns to the medics. “I will go! My English is better than his and I am...I ...am his boyfriend. Please let me come with him. I can't let him go without me.” Yunhyuk jaw drops down and he feels as if he could faint. Chanwoo and Donghyuk stare at Bobby and can't seem to catch their breaths. Luckily no one else than them heard him. Still Yunhyuk just wants to urge Bobby for saying that out loud when the paramedics just nod their heads and start to rush with Hanbin towards the exit and Bobby follows them. Yunhyuk turns to Chanwoo and Donghyuk. “You stay here for now, I will pick you up when we know more alright?” Chanwoo nods and Donghyuk replies nervous. “Please tell us when you know anything.” Yunhyuk nods then rushes after them and gets on the ambulance with Bobby. Yunhyuk stares at Bobby who holds on to Hanbins hand and even though he can't believe Bobby just said that his only concern is to find out what is wrong with Hanbin. On the way to the hospital the paramedic cut open Hanbins pants to find the source of the bleeding. “The bleeding must come from inside he looses the blood from his .” The medic hits the window towards the drivers cabin and tells the driver to drive faster since they can't do anything in the car. Bobby looks at the medics and then Yunhyuk before he starts whispering. “You will be alright. You will be alright. I told you, you should rest...Hanbin-ah...you ...have to be alright.” The medic look at Bobby then notice that Hanbins pulse starts to beat faster when Bobby talks to him. “His pulse starts to beat faster when you are talking, continue to talk to him.” Bobby starts to cry and laughs bitter while he holds on to Hanbins hand. “Hanbin-ah, I know you said you hate hospitals but you need to bear this now, you hear me? You will be alright.” Yunhyuk looks at Bobby and Hanbin, sending prayers himself to heaven to let Hanbin be alright.

 

After 20 minutes ride they arrive at the hospital where are already a team of doctors are waiting for them. The medic pull the stretcher out of the car and rushes down the hallway to the emergency room, informing the doctors about Hanbins condition. Bobby and Yunhyuk follow them until a nurse stops them in front of the ER when she notices it is Bobby form iKON she at first stops but instantly concentrates on her job. “You can't go inside there. Please wait here.” She puts her hand on Bobby's chest and waits until the ER door shuts then let go of Bobby. Bobby's legs finally loose all his strength and he sinks to the floor when Hanbin vanishes behind the doors. Yunhyuk and the nurse catches Bobby and hold on to his shoulder. Bobby just stares at the door and the tears run down his face as he talks. “Yunhyuk...tell me Hanbin will be alright...I swear to god if he won't wake up...” His voice cracks and he lowers his face to his hands which are still covered in Hanbins blood. Yunhyuk pats Bobby's back and tries to calm him and himself down. “He will be alright. He will. He will surely be alright....” The nurse heart stops beating and she turns to the ER room herself when she hears Hanbins name then looks at Bobby's bloody and shaking hands. She gets up to get a towel and put it on Bobby's hands and tries to focus on her job. “Until the doctor comes out with more information, you can only wait here. Please.“ She turns to Yunhyuk. “I think it will be better if he washes away the blood. Over there is a restroom. I will go and get you something to change into that is not stained with blood.” Yunhyuk nods and helps Bobby to go on his feet then takes him to the restroom to help him wash away the blood. Bobby just stares lifeless on his hands and tries to keep his body on his feet. Yunhyuk almost gets angry and clicks his tongue then makes Bobby face him. “Listen! I know you are worried! I know that you are scared but so am I! But do you think when Hanbin wakes up he wants to see you look like this? Get a hold of yourself!” Bobby blinks his eyes then looks at Yunhyuk and starts to cry again even more than before. “Hyung, I...I don't know what to do...I ...I don't know...why he is like this.” Yunhyuk sighs and pulls Bobby into his arms and pats his back. “I know...I know...you are...aish...he just has to be alright...he has to be...” Bobby sobs  and holds on to Yunhyuk while he tries to calm down and to stop his tears from running down. Yunhyuk sighs and waits until Bobby is calm then leans back and takes some tissues to hand them over to Bobby. Bobby blows his nose and seems calmer than before. The nurse carefully knocks on the door. Yunhyuk first makes sure that Bobby can stand on his own before he goes to the door to take the new shirt. He brings it to Bobby to change into it. Bobby turns to Yunhyuk then they go back outside to wait for more information. The nurse brings them coffee while they wait for the doctor to tell them what is wrong with Hanbin. Bobby unable to stay still, walks up and down in front of the ER. After a few minutes of waiting, Yunhyuk gets a call from the staff saying that the filming set will close and that the boys have to leave to the hotel. Bobby hears the call but he is too concerned about Hanbin to focus on anything else. Yunhyuk sighs then hangs up the call and gets up to go to Bobby. “Bobby-ah I will go pick up the boys. I will hurry, araso?” Bobby nods his head. “I bet they are worried too.” Yunhyuk nods then sighs and pats Bobby's shoulder. “Don't say anything reckless until I am back here.” Bobby lowers his head and remembers when he said that he is Hanbins boyfriend and nods. “Sorry Hyung, that ...that was mindless of me.” Yunhyuk sighs and nods but doesn't even bother to get angry since he is too worried himself. “I will go now, you have your phone with you?” Bobby nods his head. “then please contact us when you know more.” Bobby nods again and Yunhyuk forces himself to smile briefly before he leaves the hospital to get the boys. Bobby watches him leave then turns to where Hanbin is inside and continues to wait, getting more and more uneasy.

 

to be continued...