fin.

language barriers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minghao was getting more and more frustrated each day.

When he first moved to Korea, he didn’t think there would be a problem. It was to pursue his dreams so he was more than happy despite the foreign land. Besides, he was with his fellow Chinese member Junhui there too, so at least homesickness wasn’t that bad. If he ever needed to hear someone babble in Chinese, all he had to do was show up next to Junhui. Food was hardly an issue too, since there were Chinese restaurants around the area.

The biggest problem, if any, was probably the language barrier. He arrived in Korea without a bit of Korean knowledge in him, so Minghao tried his best to learn. He expected things to be more comfortable as time wore on, with his Korean language lessons and all. Things were okay for a while— the lessons went well, his accent was becoming more natural, his listening skills were improving.

Then, Minghao realized that sometimes, having a language barrier was a terrible thing to deal with.

Which was precisely why he was lying face down on his bed and hasn’t moved for a few minutes now. Seated on the floor beside the bed was Junhui, who was watching him with an amused expression, head rested on the bed as well. The latter had tried poking and even shaking the younger boy, but nothing would make him move. For a moment, he worried over if Minghao could even breathe.

“Ya,” Junhui would say every few minutes. “When are you getting up?”

To which Minghao would reply to with a groan. 

Junhui shook his head, “why don’t you just tell him?”

Minghao replied with an even louder groan.

The source of his current and growing problem would be because of a good ol’ crush on a certain happy virus member. As cliched as it may sound, Minghao can’t help but say the usual; he didn’t know when it started to happen, but it just did. He thought it was just his usual nerves getting to him, but soon realized his quick heartbeat usually only happened around one person, and one person alone. 

Seokmin was, of course, oblivious to everything. 

Minghao, instead of being happy that Seokmin was dense to the fact that someone liked him, was actually pretty stressed out about it. He’s never been the type to run away from something like that, so the Chinese boy actually wanted to confess. The problem was he couldn't find a way to do so considering  how every time he tried to say something his Korean would slip up and Seokmin would in turn jokingly drag another person into the picture to interpret whatever Minghao was trying to say. 

Confessing to his crush? Simple enough.

Confessing to Seokmin? Minghao was close to considering it a terrible idea. 

Junhui has heard all about Minghao's woes, mainly because that's the only thing the latter's been mentioning lately and also because he's the only one Minghao was actually able to freely comm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter