Is Not Even A Bad Luck

Is Not Even a Bad Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A feeling of tightness was present on your wrist and ankle. You tried to move your hands and legs but you couldn’t—you were chair-tied—and of course, still blindfolded.

 “Open your eyes, sweetie.” His whisper was familiar yet with his low-eerie-voice, he sent shivers down to your spine. Slowly, he took the blindfold off from you and there he was, with his smirk carved on his bloody lips while his crimson eyes giving you a cold glare. “Nice to see you again, _______."

You screamed in horror as your eyes caught Dinda eonni was chair-tied in front of you, with blood-drenched-cloths, face black-and-blue after getting hit for numerous times. A person next to her was Jaehwan. It wasn’t Jaehwan you used to know. The curse had taken over him. Eyes turned red, teeth jagged, almost completely turned.

 “SHE’S MINE! SHE’S MINE!” He was thrashing wildly on his chair while his hungry eyes fixated on you as if he wants to devour you alive.

You cringed when Hongbin strike his face with a single-powerful jab that you could hear bones cracking underneath his skin. Jaehwan’s groaned in pain as blood came down from his broken nose. No, he wasn’t over yet. He kept hitting him and he wasn’t going to stop until Jaehwan shut his mouth up.

“Please stop it! Don’t hurt him!” You pleaded desperately though, you knew Jaehwan’s was going to kill you anyway though he was under the curse. But by the way you see Hongbin treated the people you loved, you just couldn’t bare it anymore.

You knew he wasn’t going to hear you, but out of your expectancy, he stopped. But then, he rushed towards you and gripped your jaw harshly, forcing you to look at his bloody face. He hissed, “You know why I did this to you?”

“Get your filthy hands off my sister…” Dinda eonni suddenly spoke before Hongbin could finish his words.

Hearing her, he slapped her face so hard that she let out a painful scream.

You yelled at him and cried out for your Eonni, but he wasn’t listening anymore. No matter how hard you tried to tell him, he didn’t stop, until you heard somebody opened the door.

“Welcome, Taekwoon-hyung.” Hongbin turned to see the guy who was now standing in front of the door with two other guys side by side, their hands were being tight behind their backs, yet your eyes widen as you recognized them. Taekwoon dragged them to the empty chairs next to you and secured them there.

 “Well, well. What’ve we got here?” Hongbin smirked and walked towards one of the person. “Too soon to surrender, eh? I don’t expect our leader is such a coward. You said you didn’t want to join me, but you know that this reality is for our good sake, right?”

Hakyeon stared at Hongbin, and gave him a small nod. He smiled devilishly, and gave the leader a pat on his head, “Good."

“H-Hongbin-ah.” Ravi haltingly called his name. “We were wrong this time. I thought you are lying to us.”

“Glad that you trusted me, Wonshikie. If you didn’t, you were going to be ended like Hyuk. That bastard is such a pain in the . He’s lucky I still spared his life. After all, I didn’t want to kill him since I still need him.” Hongbin sighed.

He left Ravi and walked to Leo who stood still like a living-corpse, waiting for his master, Hongbin to give him command. It was inaudible, but you were sure he said ‘Hyuk’. After that, Leo went to another room, and he came back with Hyuk, with blood-stained-bandage wrapped his neck. He was in the verge of dying. His face was so pale, probably because of the blood loss and enduring the excruciating pain from throat. Seeing his unsteady breath and his limp body, your heart wrenched.

“H-how could you do this to me…” you muttered. Your body trembling as your emotions peaked.

Instead an answer, you earned a maniacal laugh from Hongbin. He taunted in sarcastic tone, “Oh, how naïve this little girl. Seems like your eonni has successfully fooled you,” he paused, then continued by giving a tonal press on his following words, “Or… more like fooled everyone here, heh”

Hongbin then grabbed his cell phone, and showed you a video. There were Dinda Eonni, and the six of them. They seemed like discussing something, until it reached the end of video, you saw your eonni crying alone, left by the other six. Then, something unexpected happened. She took out a knife, and without hesitance, she tried to stab herself. But unbelievably, the knife did nothing to her. At last, she dropped it, and slumped on the ground. She was crying even harder, helpless, and fragile.

You and the rest of the captivities were stunned by Hongbin’s remark and the video he showed to you. Now all of you were staring at your eonni. You didn’t say a single word but your expression was giving enough pressure for her to finally speak up.

“I-I was blinded by the love for him, Lee Hongbin. I just want to save him, so that we can be together. I know I shouldn’t do this for my egoistic desire. But I realized I did wrong to sacrifice his close friends and my own sister just to be with him. W-what Ken told to you about the death of Minjae and how to end the curse was false. I was the one who made this up and the only way to end this curse is to sacrifice ourselves. I told the psychic to lie to him, so that all of you can escape from this curse. I even tried to kill myself to stop the curse, but it didn’t let me. It is too late and I didn’t expect it became like this…I-I’m really sorry _________. I’m really sorry. You shouldn’t be destined like this…”

Feeling an unbearable guilt, she started to weep like a maniac while repeating the word ‘sorry’ over and over.

“W-what do you mean?! So, you lied to us since our first meeting?! HOW COULD YOU LIE TO US?! HEY! ANSWER ME!” Hakyeon yelled furiously by the time he realized that he was being used and deceived in the first place. He cursed at your eonni to make her admit her guilt. But what else she was going to tell him? It was already too late. Your heart had already shattered into pieces. You lost your respect towards her, you lost your faith for her, you lost your love for her, and you just… hated her.

Your mind was filling up with hatred and disappointment. Every single word you were trying to say was stringed carefully though it was too bitter for you to hold it any longer, for not going to explode into something worse than a rage. While you tried to vent your emotions in your calmest way, you finally spoke to her. “Eonni… You know how much I love you and how much I cherish every single time and memorable events we had in our good old days. You were always together with me for almost my entire life—for fifteen years—and guess what? It’s hard to believe that you dare to deceive me.”

You stopped, and looked deeply to her now black-and-blue face. Heart racing, waves of emotion overwhelmed you, and without even realizing, tears dripping down from your eyes once again. While still keeping your tone low, you continued,

“I’m gonna die in just several minutes ahead… ironically, in the hand of the man, whom I respect, idolized, and loved from the bottom of my heart, just like you are to him. But… why? Is this what I got for loving someone? To not receiving back love but losing people I loved more? I thought this would be the happiest moment I’ll ever had in my entire life, to meet the people that I love so much, to meet the people that always bring happiness when I’m down and having rough days, the people that helped me to meet the best people out there—Starlights, and the people who helped my sister to realize her dream and my dream... They’re such a group of bubbly young gentlemen, who were meant to born to make the world a better place and I really respect their hardships to make us happy and live a better life. Their friendship is what inspires me, and millions of Starlights out there. I want to thank them, for making me becoming the proudest little sister and starlight. Though I might never been able to reach them, I still love and care for them.  I don’t want them to break tragically just like this… Please just stop this…”

Clap, clap.

“What a beautiful speech you got there, honey.” Hongbin clapped in the most sarcastic way. “Is that all what you got for your last words? I’m surprised that we just wasted ten minutes of that boring speech.”

You didn’t respond to his mockery. Instead, you cried even more. You had lost your faith. ­Oh well, at least you thanked them right and hoping that it would realize him that he was doing wrong, though you knew pleading to him was merely pointless.

Seeing the people in front of you crying, had worsened the atmosphere. Your words might be too painful for Hakyeon, Ravi, Hyuk, and Ken, who still had their sanity that they were keeping say ‘I’m sorry, I’m sorry, ______________.’ Doing similar like what your sister did right now.

“Ooh, look! Who has touched our heart? You’re such a cute little girl. You know what? It almost made me cry but I couldn’t care less.” Hongbin sneered. “Well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter