Creepy Encounter

Is Not Even a Bad Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

note: put your name, or any other name you like when you find this "____________"

07:00 AM, Juanda International Airport, Surabaya, Indonesia

            As you were preparing yourself to go to the departure gate, you hugged your mom and dad for the last time. You could see their gloomy eyes as if they didn’t want to let you go, especially your mom.

            “Aah, my little angel. Finally, you could make your dream comes true, right?” She asked you as she caressed your face. “Are you sure you’re going alone by yourself? Or…  do you want me to accompany you?”

            Aaah… not this again.

            “Mom, I will just stay for a week there. Don’t worry about me. I believe she will take care of me in a very good way, okay? I will tell her to come back to Indonesia sooner. I know you miss her so much right?” You tried to calm her, well at least until she didn’t do this drama thingy again. Your mom is such a dramatic person. She could become so apprehensive in almost every circumstance. So, sometimes she would just exaggerated things that people find completely normal.

            “Yep, ______ is right. It’s just for a week though, so don’t worry about that.” Your dad who is more realistic finally spoke up. He stared at you deeply, “Are you sure you already know what you should do in the next airport where you transited?”

            I thought my dad agreed with me! Are they really not sure about me? Just let me do it by myself this time!

            “Ahaha… I told you I will be alright! I’m not that little girl anymore, dad. I know what I will do, so don’t worry about me!” You said, comforting two of them.

            You hugged them for the second time, before finally saying the last goodbye. You saw them waved their hand as you went further, entering the gate number 30 until you couldn’t see them anymore.

            Finally! You were glad that you took the window seat so you could sit comfortably and enjoy yourself by seeing the blue sky. Aside of that, you felt your heart beat so fast since this is the first time you traveled just by yourself. It took awhile for you to realize that your parents were really concern about yourself.

Am I going to be able to take care myself?

            You were busy questioning yourself as the scenery outside the plane gradually changed. The hustle-bustle city of Surabaya was getting smaller and smaller until the plane immersed into the sky, showing fluffy-cotton-like-clouds surrounding. Who wee, it was such a rare event. You gradually enjoyed the panoramic atmosphere outside and starting to get loose from the restrained feeling of homesick even though you just departed for about fifteen minutes.

            “Honjaseyo?” Suddenly, someone beside you talked.

            You turned your head to see the person beside you. He was a man with pale complexion and brunette hair. You know you were not meant to be rude to this guy. He seems like a fine man, but the way he dressed was just really creepy. He wore black suit, sunglasses, and a black surgical mask which covered half of his face. Moreover, it seemed like he talked in Korean since this flight’s destination is Korea.

Is he an idol? But, why the hell a Korean Idol rides such a cheap plane like this?

Well, even though you know some simple words in Korean (you learnt them mostly from the K-Dramas), it doesn’t mean you could speak Korean. So, you politely responded, “Sorry, I couldn’t speak Korean.”

            “Ah, okay. I mean, are you traveling alone?” he replied in a really strong Korean accent.

            Ha! I told you!

Even though his Korean accent was pretty weird and his appearance was creepy at its best, you were relieved that he could at least speak English. You just don’t want your first conversation with a foreigner gone awry, so you thought this could be a good start.

            “Oh, okay. Yeah, I’m going by myself.” You said with a cheerful tone to build up a nice atmosphere. “You know, this is my first time traveling overseas. I think I don’t know much about it.”

            “Oh, are you?” he replied in surprise. “Well, if you need some help just ask me then!”

            Heh, pretty nice for a suspicious guy.

Even though you had a nice start, you thought you couldn’t get rid of that peculiar feeling about his presence.

            You heard news about human trafficking from all over the Medias, and most of them happened in Korea. By the way he dressed and talks seemed uncanny that you think he probably act nice in front of people to get their sympathy, and after that, he got the organs to sell in black markets.

            Ooooh… I think I shouldn’t talk to him anymore.

Both of you didn’t talk for almost an hour. You got bored, and plugged in your earphones to play some of your favorite jams. Yep, VIXX’s songs never fail you. While enjoying the music that flowed into your ears, your eyelids were getting heavier and finally you fell asleep soundly.

11:35 PM, Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Selangor, Malaysia

     

            *guuuu*

            You could clearly hear your stomach growling. You still got 4 hours before the next departure. Aah, you made a big mistake. You didn’t have your breakfast this morning. You thought you would get a full-course meal, instead of a piece of bread and bottled mineral water but then you realized that was just a 2- hours-long flight. So, you couldn’t get any more than that.

            Starving and nowhere to go, even though there are some restaurants and food court, you still didn’t make up your mind to buy some food just because you were too nervous to buy one. But, because of your stomach didn’t want to stop grumble, and you didn’t want to get sick, you braced yourself to went to one of the restaurant and ordered a take-away.

            Yay! You finally made it and you started to enjoy your food. Well, that was less awkward because you weren’t alone. There were a lot of foreigners were eating their meals just by themselves. Maybe, you felt just a little bit lonely deep down in your heart. But, who cares? As long as you weren’t starved for 4 hours straight, it wasn’t a big problem.

            “Hey, can I sit beside you?”

You choked when someone light-patted your shoulder.

“Ooh, I’m sorry! Did I startle you?”

“No, I’m okay, I’m okay. Please, have a―” you stopped when you turned your head to see the person who was still standing up beside you, “Oh, hi! Nice to see you again!”

“What a coincidence, right?” the man replied in a nice tone, still with his strong Korean accent.

Whoa man, I never expect to meet this guy again!

“Ahaha, you’re right. So, already order something? Or, maybe I could order you something if you want.” you said awkwardly since you were still recovering from his sudden encounter.

“No, I’m full. Thank you.” he refused politely. “I think I just want somebody to talk with.”

“You really don’t want me to order something?” you asked him in astonishment and starting to question yourself. Does he really not want to eat just because he always wears his surgical mask? He even didn’t take off his sunglasses!

“Nope, I’m okay.” He shortly replied. “So, how old are you? You seem really young to go and travel overseas by yourself,”

“Me? I’m fifteen this year. Well, maybe you’re right. But, you know, I think it doesn’t matter how old I am. As long as I could visit Korea, I think it isn’t a big problem.”

“Whoa, how brave you are. So, what will you do then after you arrived in Korea?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter