Of Betrayals and Talking (JeTi, mentioned 2Eunha)

A Healthy Cup of Crazy

A sleepy SinB sluggishly enters the dining room where her whole family sat for a Saturday brunch. The little one was allowed to sleep in a bit that particular day because she's had a busy week, being accepted in her school's track team and all. She was probably the youngest in the team, just seven years old. It's a pretty big deal.

"Good morning, sweetie," greets Tiffany as soon as she sees her youngest.

"Morning SinB," says Wendy.

"Hey there sleepy head,' says Jessica.

SinB climbs on to her chair before yawning a good morning to her moms and big sister. Tiffany serves her a plate of pancakes and bacon while Wendy pours her some orange juice.

 "Anyway," Wendy says, continuing an earlier conversation, "this is like, my third pottermore account. My first two being in the old pottermore pre-Ilvermory when the website was still cool, and both were Slytherin."

"That's the serpent one, right?" asks Tiffany.

"Yup. Now hush and let Wendy talk," Jessica quips.

Tiffany sticks a tongue out at her wife because she's mature like that. Jessica prompts Wendy to continue.

"Yeah, well, I'm sorta feeling lost. I mean, I lived out my life for years as a Slytherin and now this updated pottermore website suddenly sorts me into Ravenclaw. It's an existential crisis, mom!" Wendy finishes by throwing her hands up in the air because what she's saying is important and not at all weird.

"Well, we could always buy you a Ravenclaw scarf?" says Tiffany uncertainly.

"That's not the point, mom. I mean, it's really difficult for me to shift my love for Slytherin to Ravenclaw. I feel like I'm cheating on my lover. Only in house form."

"I told you to just reclaim your house but noooo, you just had to not listen and go for the sorting," says Jessica.

"I thought my Slytherin disposition was strong enough, okay."

"Clearly it wasn't."

"Shut up, mom. You're making me cry."

"I'm surprised you didn't get sorted to Hufflepuff, softie."

"That's a terrible stereotype. Apologize to all the Hufflepuffs!"

Tiffany rolls her eyes at Jessica and Wendy's little banter. This was typical for every conversation the two get involves in. Jessica thinks their eldest daughter is the cutest when she gets worked up so Tiffany stopped interferring after the ninth verbal exchange. With that, she focuses her attention to her youngest who (only now she notices) has not touched her food yet.

"What's wrong, sweetie? Do you not want pancakes for brunch?" she asks.

SinB shakes her head. She stops staring at her food and looks at Tiffany imploringly with those cute sharp eyes. It's SinB's serious face.

"Mom," she says. "How do you make babies?"

Wendy and Jessica overhears the question and stops their banter. Tiffany looks at her baby then turns her eyes to Jessica and then back to SinB again.

"Umm... Well, it's a process. I would explain but mommy has to go to work so ask those two instead. Sorry baby," she says. She kisses her kids goodbye and rushes out the door.

"I uh, have a thing! At a place. Somewhere... far from here. Bye," says Wendy as she escapes.

Jessica, having frozen over the unexpected question, lost her chance to pass the responsibility to someone else. She mutters a quiet traitors before facing her youngest child.

"So... Uh, yeah. Making babies..." she says, giving a small awkward laugh.

"Mmhm. How do you make babies?"

"Umm... Well, you see, when two people love each other, they... Uh...  I mean..." Jessica clears . Clearly she was not ready for this. They never had to do this for Wendy. That little genius figured it all out the moment she learned how to climb to the top shelf of Jessica's bookshelf cabinet.

Jessica lets out a huge breath to calm herself down. She's decided to go about it directly, in the most PG mechanical way. None of that romantic stuff. Absolutely nil.

"Okay, well, when a man and a woman decides to...err... Procreate, they engage in a process called... Umm... . Then the man's seed swims to the woman's seed and goes into another process called fertilization."

"What's an ? Is it like the internet?"

"Uh, no. It's like a dance."

"A dance?! Can you teach me?"

"What? No!" exclaims Jessica utterly horrified. "It's for grown ups only."

"Okay," says SinB dejectedly. The girl loves dancing and she's always been adept at learning choreography. "What's a fertilizination?"

"Fertilization," Jessica corrects laughingly fondly. "It's when the two seeds meet each other and fuse into one to create life."

"Oh. Is that how cow manure works on plants?"

"No, sweetie. Not really? I don't know. Maybe. They both give life so maybe yeah. Ask your Wendy unnie later, okay?"

When she's ascertained that SinB's following, she continues and ends her explanation as abruptly as she can.

"And yeah, a small thing forms and then it gets bigger and bigger and then it turns into a baby."

SinB blinks at her mom, a question at the tip of her tongue. Something Jessica hopes she can answer.

"But you and mommy Tiffany are both women. How did you make Wendy unnie and me?"

"Well, it's not always through... Umm... . Sometimes, babies grow from test tubes, too."

"With the man seed and woman seed?"

"Yes. With both seeds."

"Where did you get the man seed?"

"From... Somewhere. Why... What brought about this curiosity, SinB?" Jessica asks.

SinB shrugs her shoulders and pouts her lips slightly. She looks at Jessica with determination, eyes shining with a childish innocence.

"I'm preparing for the future."

"What future?"

"Mine and Eunha unnie's. She said she wanted kids when she grows up so I want to tell her that I know how making babies work and then she'll like me and marry me."

A sudden visualization of a grown up SinB in white walking down the aisle with a woman Jessica doesn't even know who, also donning white, walking along with her flashes before Jessica's eyes. She suddenly feels like crying and forces the image at the back of her brain where she stores everything she denies. Like the death of Lexa or Carmilla not being a vampire.

"Eunha?" Jessica asks. "Who's Eunha?"

"A second grader. She can dance and sing really well."

Relief washes over Jessica. Maybe this is just a little admiration and her baby girl won't actually have to grow up and get married. It's not a big deal. Or at least she tries to convince herself. She makes SinB eat her food instead and acts as if the conversation never happened.

"Eunha unnie has pretty eyes," SinB says through a mouthful of bacon. "Like the stars in the night sky."

Jessica wants to cry.