oo7

can't stop remembering

“Phew, we’re finally done with the showcase!” Johnny exclaimed, as he flopped onto the couch, heaving a sigh of relief. They had been working so hard for this showcase, and boy were they glad that it was finally over, it’s about time they get a well deserved rest.

 

“Are any of your parents there?” Taeil asked, albeit too excited as his eyes lit at the mention of his family who hasn’t seen for years since they rarely met especially after Taeil had became a trainee and time was often scarce.

 

“Yup! Mine’s there!” Jaehyun raised his hands high above his head, as he beamed warmly at the sight of his family cheering for him during his solo stages. “Oh, speaking of whom, there they are!” Johnny waved his hands as the boys went over to their family and friends who were now backstage, a big smile etched on their faces.

 

As they went over the greetings and catch up about life, the “How have you been?”s and the “I’m doing great”s. Taeyong however, was found however sitting by the corner, tucking his knees to his chest with his earphones plugged in. Ten glanced around and it seemed like Taeyong’s parents weren’t here for his showcase since the latter looked particularly upset.

 

“Hey,” Ten walked over to his roommate as he sat down next to him, “I’m assuming your parents aren’t here? Mine too.” Ten sighed at the thought of his parents in Thailand, he sure missed them. “At least they’re still alive and breathing.” Taeyong said, eyes never leaving the ground.

 

“What do you mean? Aren’t yours too?” Ten asked, earning a scoff from the other. “They passed on when I was 6. Never seen them since.” Taeyong said nochalantly, keeping his poker face on as always. But in spite of this, Ten could well see that behind this cold facade, is just a little boy who wished to be loved and cared for just like everybody else.

 

He didn’t knew what had came over him as Ten reached out unknowingly, placing his palm over Taeyong’s, “I’m sorry.” was the only thing Ten could’ve said to comfort the latter. “It’s fine.” Just when Ten thought Taeyong was going to pull away in disgust, the latter just stayed there, with Ten’s palm in his.

 

Neither did Ten notice that someone was watching him all this time the moment he had went up on stage.

 

“Jungkook!” Johnny gave a friendly pat on said man’s shoulders, feeling grateful that the auburn boy took off time to show his support. “Johnny! You did great!” Jungkook praised, as he shot Johnny a big smile, keeping his eyes fixed on the Thai boy nonetheless.

 

“Are you spacing out?” Johnny chuckled, as his curious gaze followed said man’s line of sight till he saw Ten and Taeyong sitting together at the far corner of the room. “That’s Ten, our newest member yet. He’s Thai. Oh, and the one next to him, he’s our leader Lee Taeyong.”

 

“Chittaphon?” Jungkook muttered under his breath, but he was heard nonetheless. “You know Ten?” Johnny asked puzzledly, brows quirking. Did Ten meet Jungkook while he was in the States? “I do.” Jungkook nodded his head slowly, and Johnny saw what seem like longing eyes as Jungkook stared fondly at the Thai.

 

“You were friends?” Johnny asked, mouth ajar in surprise. What a coincidence!

 

“No,” The auburn boy shook his head bitterly, earning a questioning look from Johnny.

 

“We were more than friends.”

pAL0Hp8gPRPcjBAtEWLe7GW9qc6Kn1Pra7unV0bE6pE0MQp-SibHJm1QhnZau-kuII4li7T3j-SlewDxK7k7WmoMNDwZ83srEIbleFrnK56YDbVK5QCoKeOeaDc-4Z7IchcZSXaf

“What?” Johnny gaped, and before he even had time to process what Jungkook had said, said man had already approached the Thai and all Johnny could do was to stand there, still in a state of after shock.

 

Ten lifted his palm off Taeyong’s, slightly flushed. It wasn’t much, but Ten knew that Taeyong was slowly opening up to him in his ways. “I’m always here if you need to talk.” Ten reassured, and Taeyong simply nodded, feeling somehow comforted by the younger’s presence.

 

“Ten?”

 

Ten diverted his attention to the man who now stood infront of him who had called for him, was it time for them to leave the concert venue? Ten was about to inform Taeyong that they were leaving soon but froze when he saw an all too familiar figure.

 

He widened his eyes instantly in terror, and neither did he notice that he too was soon shaking, lips trembling with fear. “Ten?” He soon caught Taeyong’s attention as the latter stood forward and held the latter by the waist, since the Thai looked as frail as a glass vase would, and with one shove, he would’ve fall and broke into pieces.

 

“What are you doing here?” Ten asked, voice wooden and distant.

 

“Oh? Jungkook!” Taeyong bowed as a sign of respect, as he got Ten to bow, flustered at the Thai’s impolite questioning. Ten made no means of apologizing as he broke into a sprint, running as fast as he legs could take him ignoring the shrilly cries of s and manager.

 

“Ten!” Taeyong took off after the younger, seeing that the latter wasn’t going to stop. He ran past the rest of the members while the others could only stare in disbelief. Taeyong glanced around worriedly and he slowed down to a jog, eyes searching frantically for Ten.

 

“Ten!” He called out, huffing cold air as he rubbed his hands together to keep himself warm. The wind was howling, and the night was getting colder by each minute. There weren’t many people out on the streets this late at night, and especially not when it’s practically freezing out here.

 

Just when Taeyong’s knees nearly gave up on him, he was fortunate enough to be able to find Ten sitting alone by the bench, shivering in the cold yet making no intention of heading indoors.  Taeyong decide to watch silently from afar, afraid of losing the latter.

 

Ten sat alone, swinging his legs back and forth as his eyes welled up with tears, heart aching with nostalgia. Tears soon started to fall down his cheeks uncontrollably with each sob. Ten bit his lips so hard that it bled but he had barely noticed it because this kind of pain, was something that the Thai had grew numb to over the years.

 

He gripped the edge of the bench, knuckles turning white at the expanse. He hung his head low, ashamed of himself for crying over a worthless jerk. Taeyong stood there and his heart wrung with pity as he watched Ten struggling to stop his tears from falling, frustration evident on the younger’s tear-stained face.

 

Taeyong decided that he was going to call Ten just to make sure he was okay rather than asking him face to face since he figured the Thai needed some space. He slid his phone out, as he dail Ten’s number, his eyes not leaving the younger’s sight.

 

Taeyong watched as Ten picked up the phone after much hesitation, “H-hello?” The Thai boy answered.

 

“Ten? Where are you? The members are extremely worried.”

 

“Uh..I-I'm at the convenience store.” Ten replied, eyes darting nervously as he held his breath to stop himself from crying.

 

“You don't sound so good. You sure you’re okay?” Taeyong didn't knew what came over him as his eyes started to glisten with tears while he watched Ten curled up, tears falling silently but still the Thai was smiling albeit forcefully, “Yup! I'm fine! Don't worry hyung, I'll be back soon.”

 

Taeyong ended the call and without much thought, he walked to where the Ten was, catching the latter by surprise. “Taeyong hyun-” Ten widened his eyes as he wiped his tears furiously with the back of his palm, afraid that the elder would soon realize that he had been crying all this time and that he had lied to him.

 

What surprised him was the fact that Taeyong had pulled him into an embrace, locking his arms securely round his waist. Much to Ten’s surprise, Taeyong ran his fingers down Ten’s back, whispering words of comfort as he held Ten in his arms, making no means of letting him go just yet.

 

“Tae-” Just when Ten wanted to pull away since he didn't want Taeyong to feel sorry for his plight, said man tightened his hold as he went on to caressed the younger’s tear-glistened cheeks. “Cry it out if it makes you feel better.”

 

And soon enough, Ten gave in. He sobbed profusely, burying his face in the other’s shoulders as tears fall down his cheeks like rivulets. The pain was so excruciating it felt as though a dagger was pierced through his heart as the tears fall with each sniff. Ten’s leg soon gave in, leaning his weight on Taeyong as he held onto the other for support.

 

Taeyong stood rigid as he watched Ten bawl his eyes out, throwing weak punches at him. “Does this make you feel better?” Taeyong asked, chuckling in amusement. This caused the other to frown.. “No.” Ten threw his punches deliberately even harder this time, making a mental note to get back at Taeyong.

 

“Ouch!” Taeyong yelped intentionally as he rubbed the sore spot, as he tittered watching Ten grew flustered.

 

“Oh God! Sorry!” Ten shrieked albeit too loudly, as he halted his punches. “I’m so sorry,” Ten went on to examine the spot where he had punched a little too forcefully, seeing how genuinely apologetic Ten was, Taeyong can’t help but chortle. “Gullible much.” Taeyong remarked, shaking his head having unable to suppress his laughter.

 

“I hate you.” Ten frowned, as he pulled away. “Oh, really?” Taeyong quirked his brows in question, earning a firm nod from the other. “Fine, so be it then.” Taeyong knitted his brows and was about to walk away when Ten grabbed onto his arms, preventing him from doing so.


“As much as I hate you, a little company would be nice.”  


a/n; new chapter up!