oo3

can't stop remembering

The game is on. Oh yes, indeed. It started the morning after, with Ten screaming in frustration upon realizing he woke up a teed too late since it was already half past 8, and he hadn't had time to wash up since he was busy looking for his access card in which Taeyong took pleasure hiding. Ten groaned in irritation, as he sighed exasperatedly, back slumped against the couch.

 

“I hate you, Lee Taeyong!” He hissed to no one in particular, as he sat down helplessly. He needed the access card, or else he wouldn’t be able to leave the room since Taeyong had locked the room from the inside preventing him from leaving. The thing is, he had no clue whatsoever where the latter had hid it. The room isn’t huge but  with the addition of Taeyong’s clothes and shoes strewn all over, it made it harder for Ten to find it in the midst of empty boxes and piles of converse shoes.

 

He had tried all possible methods. But that’s when he realized that his phone too was taken away, and neither himself nor anyone could reach him. Well, he could attempt climbing out of the window but uh what are the possibilities of him not losing his footing and landing safely knowing how clumsy he is.

 

That only leaves him with one choice. Finding the access card would be a much better option, than having to risk falling. He got up from where he sat, and started rummaging through the endless piles of comic books and bags, throwing them across the room. He couldn’t care less about damaging Lee Taeyong’s precious manga books now, he deserved it anyway.

 

He went on a massive searching spree, not leaving out the corners and slits. Thank heavens, because after an hour of searching, he finally found his access card which meant freedom. He unlocked the door immediately, not even bothering to change out as he rushed down towards the practice room, sprinting as fast as he legs could carry him.

 

“Sorry! I’m late!” He stopped by the door, panting heavily, as he bent over to catch his breath. “You’re an hour late, Ten.” Mrs Shim frowned, as she shook her head in disapproval as she scrutinize him from head to toe, clearly displeased with the fact that he looked extremely ragged, sweaty and sticky from all that searching (and running).

 

“Why were you late?” Mrs Shim questioned sternly as the others turned to look at Ten in surprise.

 

“I-” Ten was quick to rebutt, but he fell silent soon after under Mrs Shim’s persistent questioning. How was he going to explain that Taeyong had played a horrible prank on him in return. She wasn’t going to buy it, was she? She’d probably laugh it off, thinking that Ten had came up with such a lame excuse to save himself from embarrassment.

 

I mean, she wouldn’t doubt her ace student at all costs. Lee Taeyong was everyone’s favorite. Ten, a nobody, couldn’t possibly stand up against him. He knew, and that’s why he decided to be wise about this. Him telling the truth might not be ideal, since we all know that neither would choose to believe him. So, he went on with the most logical explanation instead though he was feeling very much indignant.

 

Swallowing his pride, he’d muttered, “I overslept.”

 

That got everyone gasping. Ten was never the sort to miss practice, not dance ones especially since Ten had always enjoyed dancing. They quieten down at the sight of Mrs Shim seething in anger, not liking what she heard the least bit. She rarely flared, but when she did, it was scary as hell.

 

“Out you go then!” Mrs Shim, lips pursed with suppressed fury, face hardening. “I’m so sorry, Mrs Shim. Don’t send me out please!” Ten bowed apologetically, clearly startled as he made his way out, head hung low.  

 

Taeyong stood, as he watched Ten getting screamed at though he did nothing wrong. He pursed his lips in guilt, as he stared blankly ahead. He felt a pang of sympathy for the boy. Taeyong was never the sort to care, but when it comes to Ten, it seems otherwise.

 

-

 

After practice, the boys headed back to their dormitories, passing by Ten who looked beyond exhausted. He was told to clean up the backyard earlier this afternoon by Mrs Shim, as a punishment for coming in late despite knowing how crucial practices are considering the fact that they were going to have their very first word tour soon.

 

Taeyong was the last to leave. He brushed past Ten, feeling remorseful already. He couldn’t stop himself from coming back to Ten eventually, as he’d grabbed him forcefully by the arm, mouthing a

‘We need to talk.’

 

“What is it?” Ten asked irritably as he pulled his arm away harshly from Taeyong’s strong grip.

 

“I’m sorry, okay?” Taeyong muttered, as he ran through his hair in frustration, not knowing why he even bothered apologizing in the first place. Ten started it anyways.

 

“You don’t have to.” Came the reply, earning a ‘what’ from the latter. Taeyong was definitely not expecting this. He was hoping Ten would forgive him, and they would soon be back to their bickering days.

 

But this time, it was different. Ten didn’t seem the least angry, neither was he upset. What surprised Taeyong, was the fact that Ten was smiling roguishly, eyes sparkling with mischief back at him as he leaned in, arms crossed.

 

“It’s payback time, Lee Taeyong.”

The following morning, Taeyong as always, got to the practice room the earliest with Ten trudging behind. Ten was always a late sleeper, never would he have thought that Mr Chittaphon would wake up in the wee hours of the morning to practice with him. And just when thought something smelled fishy, Ten brushed it off with a smile, saying it was purely because he felt that an extra practice was necessary since he missed out on one the day before.

 

Taeyong believed him and dropped his incessant questioning eventually. “Ten, did you see my shoes?” Taeyong asked, as he searched for his favorite pair of Nike Shoes in the cubby holes. He was positively sure he left them there last night before he went back to the dormitories like he always do.

 

Ten shook his head in response, as he went back to practicing and perfecting his moves. “Where is it?” Taeyong mumbled to self, as he huffed in exasperation when he couldn’t seem to find his pair of shoes.

 

“I think I saw it somewhere near the lockers.” Ten went over to lend Taeyong a helping hand, as he guided Taeyong to the lockers where he claimed his last saw them. Taeyong mummered a ‘thank you’ in return, as he continued searching in hopes to find his favorite pair of black nike shoes which he held dear to his heart since it was a gift from his parents on his 18th birthday before he left for Korea where he begun his trainee years.

 

Just when he thought of giving up, his eyes lit up at the sight of his nike shoes situated perfectly on the shelves, untouched. He sighed in relief, as he picked his shoes up, setting them gently on the floor. Crouching down, he’d slip on his shoes without hesitation, smiling triumphantly to himself having found his shoes.

 

But the moment he slipped his foot in, he felt something mushy and gooey between his toes. He furrowed his brows at the unfamiliar touch as he slipped his foot out to see what was the cause of it. He tilted his shoes at an angle so that he could see what was inside, squinting his eyes in concentration.

 

His squinted eyes grew wider by every second, as he stared at the disgusting sight in horror as he watched the liquid drip out bit by bit, staining the marble tiles. Both of his shoes were literally drenched in tomato and mustard sauce, which smelled bad not to say the least.

 

Someone had the guts to dirty both his shoes, and not just any pair of shoe, but Lee Taeyong’s favorite ones. He was sure that the other didn’t know who he was messing with, and he was sure too that he didn’t know how terrifying Lee Taeyong can be. Over the years, everyone knew better than to anger the latter because knowing that if they did, they’re pretty much digging their own grave.

 

Diverting his attention to the boy who seem all too oblivious to have noticed Taeyong looking over piercingly, eyes blazing murderously. One could see the veins in his necks bulging out in ridges, fist convulsing with suppressed rage.

 

Uh-oh.

 

Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul was in for a tough ride.


 

a/n; /hides/

 

ty is scary as hell.