oo1

can't stop remembering

Ten sat at the waiting room, as he’d fidgeted nervously, growing slightly impatient as he’d waited for his mentor to arrive. He was currently at SM’s waiting lounge, with a couple of boys slightly younger than he, who too passed the SM global auditions held in Thailand a month prior. Out of the thousands that attended, only very few got selected. And he just so happens to be one of them, much to his surprise.

 

Ten had always enjoyed dancing and singing at a fairly young age. He remembered sleeping and failing all his  classes back in elementary school with the exception of one; Music Class. Without fail, he’d aced his music exams, and as the years gone by his passion for dancing grew. He had always idolize and admire those dancers he’d saw on Tv, and he wished and hoped that maybe someday, he too would be that one person who inspires people like him to want to pursue their dreams.

 

Miraculously, here is now a milestone away from realizing his childhood dream. He grew out of this thoughts, when a lady in a pencil skirt came strutting in her high heels, frowning as she’d shushed the boys with her piercing glare. The boys quieten down at the sight, muttering ‘sorries’ as they shot her an apologetic look.

 

“Boys,” She began, upon receiving silence, “I’ll be giving you an exclusive tour round our SM headquarters. We’ll save the questions till later, if any. I’d expect all of you to stay focus and try to follow up, yes?” Ten and the boys nodded in unison as she’d spun round, gesturing for them to follow her. Throughout the tour, Ten was pretty much spacing out this entire time, widening his eyes in fascination as he’d passed by several long corridors and studios.

 

He wasn’t really paying much attention to the lady who went by the name of Mrs. Kwon, mainly because he couldn’t comprehend what she was saying half the time since he was terrible at speaking more or less understanding korean. It is no surprise really considering the fact that Ten was from Thailand and knew little about the language. He could only speak English and Thailand fluently, and maybe a couple of phrases in Korean.

 

After the brief tour round the main building, the lady left him and the boys at the counter while she handed them their lesson schedule for the day. Upon receiving his schedule, Ten scanned through the lesson plan briefly, trying his very best to make out which class he had next since the entire schedule plan was printed in Korean. He managed to get some help from one of the boys, who seemed to be pretty fluent in Korean and was very much willing to help.

 

Ten nodded as he’d muttered a small thanks, making a mental note to remember whatever the latter had explained earlier. The very first class he had to go to was ‘dance class’ as stated, which got him exceptionally excited. He was told that he was going to train with the other older trainees, since he was far more experienced in comparison to the rest of the boys. Though truth to be told, Ten didn’t care the least. In fact, he didn’t want to be place with the other trainees in fear that they might look at him differently since he wasn’t a native.

 

He went to his first class for the day with the help of a map, which was given to each and everyone of them at the very beginning of the tour. After much searching, he grinned proudly as he’d managed to find his first class without getting lost. Oh well, he almost did though but thank god, he was lucky enough not to. He took in a deep breath, as he’d approached the class nervously, his lips anxiously. When he had finally plucked up the courage to enter after much hesitation, a lady stopped him abruptly by the door.

 

He was taken back immediately, letting out a startled ‘yelp’ when the lady came pulling him to the side. “Hi! You must be the new rookie, Ten?” He nodded mindlessly in response, still having the after-shock effects, upon receiving a wide smile in return. “Ah! I’m Mrs Shim, the dance instructor.” She’d introduced herself, still retaining her vibrant smile as she’d released her grip on Ten’s arm.

 

“Are you perhaps heading in?” She’d asked, as Ten nodded wordlessly. “Great!” She’d urged the latter forward as she’d pushed the door open, revealing 7 other trainees who seemed to be practicing. He gnaw onto his bottom lip nervously, waiting for the others to notice him having afraid of disrupting their practice.

 

Soon enough, they started to divert their attention towards him upon hearing the door open as he’d bowed politely in return. “Introduce yourself, Ten.” Mrs Shim pushed the said man forward as he’d widened his eyes in horror. He wasn’t the least prepared. He shot Mrs Shim a worried look, hoping she’d help him. Unfortunately, she’d shot back a small reassuring smile in return, not getting the ‘help’ message he was trying to put across.

 

He turned to face the rest of the trainees after much contemplation, as he’d took a deep breath to calm his racing heart. “Oh my god, he’s so cute!” He heard one of the trainees squeal as Ten smiled shyly in response, watching the trainee latched onto the other next to him, gushing over how adorable looking he was.

 

He bowed politely, feeling less nervous now as he’d introduced himself, stuttering occasionally. “Hello..I-i’m Ten.” He’d muttered, eyes looking everywhere but the front. Surprisingly, the rest seem to like him as they shot him a comforting smile in return, finding his Thai accent to be rather cute and unique. He broke into a wide grin seeing how they were so supportive but his smile soon faltered at the sight of one, who seemed pretty unfriendly from where he was standing.

 

The said man simply stared back intently, showing no interest whatsoever. Ten could only sigh inwardly at the cold response, i guess not everybody is that welcoming and accepting huh. He’d thought bitterly, pouting unknowingly as the others cooed at the action. “OMG he’s pouting! Kyaaa..He’s so going to be the death of me Hansol..”

 

He looked up wide eyed, slightly startled.  Not once did anyone ever called him ‘cute’ or ‘adorable’, for he was known to be a ‘manly’ man or at least that’s what he claims himself to be. After what seem like ages to Ten, Mrs Shim motioned for him to start practicing with the rest of the trainees, patting him on the shoulder, “I’ll leave him to you boys. Be sure to mentor him.” She’d instructed as the rest nodded in acknowledgment while she left to deal with the younger rookies in the room next to theirs.

 

“Hello! I’m Yuta!” The trainee that caught Ten’s attention at first glance, and the one who’s constantly squealing came running towards him as he’d waved excitedly at Ten. “Oh! Hello.” Ten returned the wave, as he’d broke into a smile, not knowing how else to respond to that aside from smiling. He wasn’t used to speaking Korean, and felt extremely awkward and out of place as such.

 

“Oh right. I’ll introduce the members one by one.” Yuta went on, as he’d got the members to stand in line, going through the names individually, while Ten struggled to remember all of them.

 

“This is Hansol, Taeil, Johnny, Do Young, Jaehyun, and last but not least, Taeyong! Our main rapper and dancer.” Yuta finished off proudly. Ten shot them each a bright smile, but when it came to the last one at the end of the line, he gave up trying because the other didn’t seem like he cared. “Ah, Taeyong hyung may appear rather cold and stoic, but he’s a really nice person!” Yuta explain upon seeing Ten looking slightly baffled.

 

“Taeyong hyung!” Yuta called for him hoping to catch his attention, as the said man simply ‘hum’ in response, not even sparing a glance at the latter. Yuta sighed exasperatedly, as he’d apologized on Taeyong’s behalf. Ten brushed it off understandingly, though he couldn't be bothered really. Easing up the tension, Do young suggested they get to know Ten a little better by getting him to put up a mini performance for the rest of the rookies, mainly curiosity on his part. New rookies rarely get to train with the older ones, unless they’re exceptionally good at what they’re doing.  

 

Ten stood rooted as he’d played with his fingers nervously, “Uh..” He’d gulped, not the least willing to, partially because he felt burdened to do well. “It’s okay, you’ll do great!” Taeil reassured the latter, as if he’d could read his mind simultaneously, as the others chime in giving him words of encouragement as well, with the exception of Taeyong that is. Upon hearing the music blasting, Ten started doing his own thing as always, immersing himself within the music as he’d danced energetically with strong and swift movements that got the other rookies widening their eyes in surprise. He sure is something, Do young thought.

 

After his short dance excerpt, Yuta went berserk, not being able to contain his excitement any further, as he’d exclaimed and rambled on how cute he was and how charismatic Ten looked while he was dancing, which got Ten blushing and embarrassed. He could only smile and bow humbly in return. While he was preoccupied with the others, face flushed from the compliments received, denying of how perfect the others perceived him to be, he swore he’d saw Taeyong grinning at the very corner of his eyes. But when he diverted his attention to the other, Taeyong was back to his stoic and emotionless face, hazel nut eyes staring boredly back at his.

 

For some reason, he was mesmerized by how beautiful Taeyong’s eyes were, those perfect brown orbs holding much affection, that is until he realized how unwelcoming and unfriendly the other was in reality. He’d pulled away, shaking himself out of his foolish thoughts. No, he did not just. Ten chided himself as he’d averted Taeyong’s gaze, huffing in disapproval.

 

All this time, he might have been too oblivious to have not noticed Taeyong chuckling to self at the very sight of Ten flustered, cheeks red from embarrassment. He might have not noticed how Taeyong would steal occasional glances at him, much to Taeyong’s surprise, since he was often known for his cold demeanor.


Who would have thought, mr-too-cool-for-you would eventually fell head over heels with his one and only roommate Ten, who just so happens to be that dense and oblivious.


a/n; first chapter up! just a brief intro of the main and supporting casts whom will be featured in the upcoming chapters.