Ri In

Betrayal
It hurts to see you like this, Yeonhee.
You've never been anything less than strong, arrogant, confident, and indifferent. It's slightly unreal, even now, to be sitting here with you lying, an emotional wreck, mere feet away. It's surreal that I was actually comforting you as you, of all people, cried. It shouldn't be surreal, because I'm one of the few people in your life who realize how extremely sensitive you really are… I just never thought that you would allow anyone to see it.

I do care about you. More than a friend should care. I worried about you as a sister.

It must be a mistake. It has to be.

I saw his eyes when I went to your apartment. He was so desperate to hear from you, so terrified that you hadn't yelled at him like you typically do when you guys fight. And he was so relieved to hear that I'd made contact with you. There was no duplicity in his eyes. If he'd actually betrayed you, then it would be obvious, now that I'm looking back and remembering his expression.

If what you saw was the truth, I know it would destroy you.

You've changed so much in the five years I've known you. Before you met Jaejoong, you were so arrogant and cynical. And I know what makes you like this, your stupid ex-boyfriend hurt you so much, he betray you, he left the faithful you and go down the aisle with another girl. I was there too you know, I see all and I watch you closing yourself and becoming the pessimist Yeonhee.

But ever since Jaejoong thundered into your life, you've been changing. Slowly, but surely, that hidden side of you has emerged into the light. Not always, not even often, but I've seen it. I've seen it in the more mellow way you speak to me; I've seen it in the way you rarely pull pranks as terrible as you used to pull. You always seem to not care for Jaejoong, but he's been changing you for the better, and I can tell that you've come to rely on him.

This isn't the first time you two have had problems. You've got mad to Jaejoong and not talk to him for a long time. I think that you behave like that for such minor irritations to protect yourself. You feel like you've gotten too close to him, so you make up reasons to push him away. Maybe you're even testing him, trying to find out just how much he cares for you before you dare to depend on him. In some ways, you're such a coward; you're always so sarcastic about love, but I think you're just afraid to open yourself up and find out that it can hurt.

You were afraid things would come to THIS.

I don't believe that they have, though. I know that Jaejoong would never hurt you like this. He loves you, and not with a fake love that melts away over time. I know what you think you saw, but it's a mistake. I'm sure of it. Jaejoong was so hurt that you didn't want to see him, that you ordered me not to let him know where he is. He wants to talk to you so badly. He's so depressed without you. Do you honestly think that he'd be that torn up about this if it hadn't been a mistake? If he loved someone else more than you, don't you realize that he would be alright with how things turned out?

You just don't have self-confidence. It's silly to think that, isn't it? You're so collected, so in control of yourself and everyone around you. You always guide others where you want them to go, rather than letting people manipulate you. But deep inside of you, you don't have the self-confidence to believe that others could love you. That's why you're so certain that Jaejoong could betray you. You never felt he loved you in the first place, so it would be only natural in your eyes that he would turn away from you in the end.

You're a brilliant girl, but even the smartest people in the world can be stupid about the simplest things.

Jaejoong loves you. And you need him. It's all as simple as that.

You won't talk to him, but you need him now, even though you deny it to yourself. You don't want me as an intermediary; you don't want anyone patching up this mess. But it hurts to see you like this. You're much more vulnerable than you let on; if you weren't there is no way you could be so understanding and sympathetic when you write your characters. And without Jaejoong, I don't know how you could go on. I don't think even you know.

So even though you don't think you need help right now, I'll help. I promised you that I wouldn't tell Jaejoong where you are, but there are other ways.

I will help you, Yeonhee.

~~~*~~

A/N: Sorry for the late update
this is from Ri In's pov :)