When she wants to be more than his bestfriend

Girl Friend or Girlfriend?

Yeah 언제부터인가 매일 우리
Yeah, at some point we started spending every day

둘도 없는 그런 사이
as if were were one instead of two

우린 단짝 친구 그래 소꿉 친구
we’re best friends, childhood friends


하나부터 열까지 잘 알던 이유
all the reasons for us to know each other like the back of our own hands
빌려준 책엔 온통 낙서만 꽉
scribbles filling the pages of the books you lent me

어제 빤 체육 복 등엔 흙 도장 콱
a mud stain on the back of the gym clothes you washed yesterday


 

As soon as they reached their destination, Sehee got off from her car without waiting for Jongin. As much as she wants Jongin to run to her side, she knows that he won’t. Why would he, Sehee is just his best friend. She wasn’t his girlfriend. Girlfriends are the only who gets placated when they are mad at their beau.

They were always together. Ever since they were eight years old, she and Jongin would hang out with her cousin’s house. Jongin was his cousin’s girlfriend’s brother. They were always together. They go to school together (especially now that they live in one house)

They play together, they grew up together. They were always attached to their hips Though they may have shared a lot of memories together, however, it seems like Sehee was the only one who had fallen for her tanned best friend. She felt her chest tighten as the thought of Jongin and Krysral came into her mind. Sehee heaved a sigh and looks ahead the long line

“Yah Oh Sehee, no matter what you do, he won’t reach for you” She thought to herself as she decided to stand in line to get her order. “I need at least three to calm my mind” She thought to herself. Sehee looked at the line and heaved a sigh as it seems her bubble tea might take a longer than usual. Sehee was about to walk further when Jongin pulled her arm. She frowned at Him as he led her to an empty table.

“You stay here, let me get your bubble tea” Jongin said, eyes filled with guilt. Sehee wanted to ignore that look in his eyes, however,Sehee knew that Jongin wanted to appease her for siding Krystal, after all best friend comes first before love life.. She wanted to slump on the chair and cry as Jongin made his ways to the counter.

Will I always be just a friend in your eyes?

As soon as the bubble tea arrived. Jongin had gotten a straw and prepared Sehee’s drink. It was a habit that comes automatically when he buy stuff for his bestfriend.Sehee let out a soft thank you as she continues to space out, face contorting and her eyes were glassy and blank. jongin wanted to hug Sehee, but not in public. ever since people were saying that he and Sehee were a couple, Jongin had started to stop hugging or kissing Sehee. He didnt want them to get the wrong idea. But somehow, his friends thought otherwise. Jongin saw the sadness in Sehee's eyes. He wanted to tell her that he will never leave her, even if he gets himself a girlfriend. A certain person comes into his mind. 

He had his eyes on Krystal Jung since he met her this year. Krystal is pretty, smart and brave. She is the school's student council president and the same time, she had manage to keep their school sane. Gone were the days when Baekhee-noona was the student council president. It was a bit chaotic but undeniably fun.

If you would ask him what he likes in krystal, it might take years before he could finish narrating the things that he likes about her. he smiled as the thought of him and Krystal becoming a couple comes into mind

"We can go to Lotte World, then dinner..." 

"stop looking like a creepy stalker Kim Jongin and wipe that stupid smile on your face" Sehee said as she sipped her bubble tea with a stoic expression. Jongin sighed as his daydreams were cut off by a certain Oh Sehee. Sehee stood up and grabbed her stuff, Jongin widened his eyes as Sehee was preparing to leave. Jongin grabbed his bag and 2 more cups of bubble tea as Sehee lead the way towards her car

Sehee dropped her bag as she saw Jongin running towards her direction. He was trying to carry three cups of bubble tea, two of it is hers while scarmbling towards her car. She wanted to laughed at the sight. A tiny smile creeped from her face as Jongin panted and bended over, trying to catch his breathe.

"Yah, wa--it fo--r me" He slowly enunciated as he tried to catch his breathe. Sehee laughed so hard as Jongin look a bit pink from running. It was music to his ears when Sehee laughed. She may had a deep voice but her voice is always soothing, specially when she is talking in a placating and comforting tone. He smiled as Sehee finally laughed after what happened earlier.

"Sehee, I'm sorry. I didnt mean to be mean" he said as he set down his stuff and the bubble tea on their respective position. Sehee smiled at him and waved as if didnt matter anymore. Jongin smiled brightly and kissed Sehee's cheek as a sign of saying Thank You.

 

Sehee was in cloud nine when Jongin kissed her. It doesnt usually happen but when it happens, Sehee tried to hide the faint blush on her cheeks as Jongin had helped fastenned her seatbelt. God can this guy can get any perfect She thought as she felt her heart was thumping and was about to explode. Jongin smiled at her and caressed her cheek

 

"Let's go before Yifan-hyung calls" he said. Sehee nodded, still lost in daze as she slowly drove her car towards home. She drove slower, hoping to prolong this little moment when no one exist in Jongin's world but her.

 

As soon as they arrived at Wu-Kim residence, Sehee and Jongin were greeted by little Zitao. Zitao instantly wrapped his arms around Sehee and stick his tongue out on Jongin. Jongin heaved a sigh as his nephew continuously dragged his bestfriend inside.They were talking animatedly, Zitao seemed very excited as he was retelling his story with hand actions and Sehee seemed obviously pleased to whatever the 5 years old boy was saying. He tsk and decided to get some water. As soon as he reached the kitchen he saw his noona and Yifan-hyung making dinner. The couple were acting loveydovey that makes him wished that he and Krystal would do the same one day. someday soon He thought wistfully as his noona fed her husband with some chicken. It's kinda funny and cute at the same time as he saw the man who never likes eating chicken but often eats it when his sister would make it for dinner.

"Jagiya, this is delicious" His brother-in-law murmured as he some of the sauce from his mouth. His sister was smiling happily. She grabbed her husband and was about to kiss him when she saw him standing on the kitchen door. She laughed at Jongin's expression

" Hi Jongin, what can i help you with" She said as she slowly lets go of her husband and kisses his cheek. Jongin smiled wryly and shook his head.

"You should really talk to Zitao.He seemed too obsess with Sehee" He murmured as he got a glass of water and chugged it down.

"Don't tell mer you are jealous with your own nephew" His noona said teasingly as she pinches Jongin's cheek. Yifan-hyung had that amused expression on his face as he scowls at his noona

"I'm not jealous. Besides, Sehee is my best friend. I'm just looking after her" He said indignantly as the couple laughed their heart out. Jongin sighed.

why does everybody think that Sehee is my girlfriend,when will they ever realized that she is just a friend

Unknown to them, Sehee was hidden by the door, eyes b in tears.

 

"I can never be his girlfriend. Not in a million years"

 

2 years ago

Jongin was fuming madly as he continues to rant on to Kyungsoon. Kyungsoon heaved a sigh as she watch her younger friend rant on and  on how stupid Sehee was

Kyungsoon sighed. "Its another Oh-Sehee rant" She thought as Jongin continues

"You know Jongin, if i didnt know you guys, I would have probably thought you guys are dating" Chanyeaol said as he continues to munch his food with gusto

"YAHH, Shut it Yoda ears" he bites back