*** special story

You Only Live Twice

I'm sorry this is actually just a ridiculous ex-spy-and-kindergarten-teacher-discussing-about-what-if-they-become-parents story .__.

written for seofanyluv, here comes your little Yein ;)

——————— 

Soojung jumps out of her car with lips slightly curled into faint smile - an expression that probably looks common, but if one knows her well, they will understand it means she's in a good mood. With Mijoo moving in to her apartment recently, it's only natural they need to get more home necessities, especially since Soojung's home only have very little furnishing in the first place. For that reason, today they’ve made a plan: Soojung will pick Mijoo up after work and off they go to Ikea for shopping.

Leaning against the white SUV, she takes her phone out and runs a quick check on the to-buy list they wrote a day before - more pillows, extra blankets because Mijoo always hogs the one and only we have, hangers, storage for shoes, dinnerware, oven because Mijoo wants to bake.. Nope scratch this, this one's gonna make our kitchen blown...

"Oh she's here!"

"Soojungie!"

"Soojungie!"

It snaps her out of musings - she's only waiting for one, but now there's three familiar voices calling out her name. Sudden bad feeling runs through Soojung, knowing well whose voices are those, she looks up and finds Mijoo, has changed into casual shirt and jeans shorts and ready to go. With two giddy looking little girls tailing after her.

——————— 

"So." Soojung starts ever so calmly, eyes never leaving the road as her hands holding the steering wheel steadily. "Why are devil number one and devil number six with us today?"

"Seriously, how did you become secret agent while you can't even remember children names!" Mijoo slaps her on the shoulder, laughing boisterously. "She is Seo Jisoo."

"The one who draws a lot?" She recalls one time Mijoo had proudly shown her crayon sketch of long haired girl claimed as the teacher, 'Seo Jisoo' was written on the corner of that paper.

"Correct! Yein and Jisoo's parents hadn't came to fetch them from school, you know, most likely busy with work again. When I told I'm going to meet you, they insisted to tag along." The younger woman explains.

"Great. Be prepared for incoming disaster."

"Noooo it's gonna be fine!" She twists her head around to see the kids on the backseat and coos. "Look, aren't they so sweet and harmless? How could you be so cruel to children.."

"I can't look, I'm driving." Soojung retorts with no interest.

Trouble actually comes in few minutes when out of the blue, Yein and Jisoo starts quarreling about "I love chocolate ice cream! Chocolate is the best!" versus "Starberry is better!"

A shrill cry cracks after Jisoo mocked Yein for her truly atrocious pronounciation. Soojung heaves a long sigh.

"Ssaem, Yein wants strawberry ice cream!" The girl shrieks, small hand tugging the sleeve of Mijoo's shirt.

"Nooo! Chocolate!" Jisoo refuses to budge from her first opinion.

"Okay, okay we're getting both flavors!" Seeing they are just second away from bursting into tears again, Mijoo nudges Soojung's arm. "Soojung unnie will buy you tons of ice cream, right?"

"We want it now!" They demand persistently, and the eldest woman snorts.

"We're in highway, still half an hour from Gwangmyeong. Have fun dealing with them, ssaem!"

——————— 

"Good afternoon! How may I help you?" A young lady behind the counter of ice cream booth on Ikea's basement welcomes them with wide smile.

"Please give us a Strawberry Surprise, a Caramel Chocolate Crunch, a Mango Sorbet, and... Soojung, which one do you want?"

Soojung is still carefully considering her choice when the saleswoman brings out a flyer with 'free upsize' written in bold capital font on it. "Since today is Parents' Day, we have special deal for every parents who come with their children! You can get an upsize to double, any flavor of your choice for free!" She announces eagerly, winking for good measure. "They are your children, right?"

"... Yes!"

Soojung gawks, quickly throwing what the ?? glare at Mijoo, but she ignores it and continues with the impromptu. "This is our first daughter!" She pats Jisoo's head. "And that one with my wife is the second!" Her finger points to Yein.

Miraculously, the kids somehow don't even need to be instructed to play along. "Mommy!" Yein holds out her hand asking for Soojung to carry her, which she immediately does and they scurry away to an empty table before her head explodes out of embarrassment.

"Oww so cute! I wish I could talk my girlfriend into adopting a child, it always seemed the whole idea just didn't appeal to her at all!" It looks like the saleswoman has gobbled the entire story right up. "Here you go!" She comes back with their orders in few minutes. "Have a nice day with your loved ones!"

"Say 'aaa', honey!" Mijoo says rather loudly once she joined Soojung on the table, making sure the whole room can hear their 'happy family' conversation. The other woman looks like she has to fight the urge to vomit, and Mijoo tries to not laugh at it.

"You're insane!" Soojung whispers in disbelief, though she still complies and opens letting her girlfriend shoves the mango flavored dessert into it. "How could that ice cream lady fell for that bull though.."

"But I'm sorta happy she did." Mijoo beams at her. "That means we look like actual parents, don't you think?"

——————— 

Children and Ikea go together like parasitism symbiotic relationship, and the rest of their day is an exact actualization of what Soojung had foreseen before, disaster.

When they weren't busy arguing among themselves over which colour should they get or is it really necessary to buy something, the faux parents would be running between arrays of furniture pieces chasing their kids who immediately dash down the aisle once an item perks their interest. The worsts so far are: Yein bumped a corner of dining table, almost caused set of plates above it tragically fall to floor if not for the ex-spy's well-trained reflex; and Jisoo stealthily escaped while Mijoo was debating why couple apron isn't extremely cheesy. They found her some moments later in another part of kitchen section, happily doodling across a plain white table clothes with a coloured pen nobody knew where that came from.

"Yein, don't!" The warning goes to deaf ears, and Soojung rubs her face in exasperation. They now have moved to the bedding section, and the little girl jumped straight into a bed in Pororo themed bedroom arrangement once Soojung's attention wasn't focused on her for a millisecond.

"Let them be, nobody sees us anyway." Mijoo stands alongside her, finally letting go of Jisoo's hand and of course, in a flash she’s already joining her friend abusing Koreans' most iconic penguin plushies laying on the mattress.

Running out of strength, Soojung and Mijoo set their cart aside in front of the showroom and eventually sit down on the rugged floor beside the bed. "Hey, this is actually super cute! Why don't we buy this?" Mijoo says half-jokingly, touching the edge of Eddy The Fennec Fox patterned blanket. The thick fabric feels soft and nice on her skin.

"I'd better sleep in the couch forever."

Mijoo chuckles at how that reaction is just right as her expectation. She drapes an arm across Soojung’s shoulders, the elder's head automatically resting against her shoulder, and for awhile they only silently watching Yein and Jisoo.

"I wonder what if we become actual parents..." Soojung murmurs, staring blandly at the kids general direction, and Mijoo turns to her rather startled.

"You've been thinking about it?"

"Do you expect me to not expecting you would want that?" The older woman smirks, eyebrows raised up.

"But I know how stubborn you are once you've decided on something you don't like.." Mijoo pouts, though her heart actually melts at those words.

"I don't hate children." There's hint of shyness as Soojung scratching the back of her own head, but her voice has became solemn. "Maybe just.. Need some more time to get used to them. But I'm getting there, someday. I promise."

And it's an unfaltering promise, Mijoo knows it. This is Soojung who's never been wanting anything else but the absolute happiness for her. Without thinking, she plants a kiss on Soojung's temple, a reply blurted out of . "I love you."

They shift until their positions are toward each other while Soojung mumbling me too..., bodies still closely pressed against one another, then suddenly Mijoo's gentle caresses on her back turn into light hits. "Yah.. Look at them."

The pair instantly pull apart, Mijoo guffaws and Soojung chokes out something unintelligible, covering her face which is now a mixture of shame, awkward, and frustration; the two kids are currently hugging each other mimicking them and Jisoo puckers up to kiss Yein's forehead in the way they probably think is similar to how Mijoo kissed Soojung earlier.

——————— 

The couple finally made it out alive from Ikea and got everything they need inside the car's trunk. They have sent Jisoo home earlier and now are standing by the door of Parks residence, about to bid goodbye to Yein.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Yein today." Eunji bows at them who smile in return. "I hope she didn't cause too much trouble for you two."

"Oh, not at all!" The teacher replies diplomatically, and Soojung has to bite her lip to hold back some sarcastic laughter upon hearing that. "Yein is a good kid, right, Yeinnie?"

Yein doesn't answer, naughty gleam obvious in her eyes. "Mom, ssaem and Soojungie said they will make children!" She announces, and the three adults freeze.

"What.. No, no! It's... I think she mistranslated our conversation!" Mijoo splutters more long explanation sporadically, but it doesn't wipe the knowing smile off Eunji.

"See?" Soojung grins smugly at her girlfriend who has yet to close her gaping mouth even after the mother-daughter disappeared into their flat. "Kids are devils."