*** I

You Only Live Twice

2015

"So, what do we have here?"

The other woman didn't answer but handed Soojung an envelope, ‘confidential' mark stamped on it. She tore it open and found photos of middle-aged man and name recognized as executive director of a big pharmaceutical industry. They had kept eyes on the said company for past weeks, it was open secret a huge money corruption has been circulating there.

"Isn't this Director Han guy going to be arrested soon?"

"Yes, if he doesn't get executed first by one of his many enemies." Hyuna replied in sing-song tone, fingers running through soft fur of a white Maine Coon on her lap. The feline only purred indifferently in response despite the woman’s endeavor to amuse her.

"What do they want from someone who will rot in either jail or hell?" Soojung chuckled at the endearing sight before her.

"Well, it turns that when we thought he's been only living hedonistic life with all those money that isn't his, he actually did his job well too." The elder signaled Soojung to turn the next page of all black and white documents on her possession. "His team had been done some experiment for those type of medicine."

"And now with most of his men already fled, if Han arrested or killed later, nobody would be able to get hands on the formula they'd invented." 

"The board want it for themselves, eh.." Soojung scoffed. Judging from light smile growing on her face, she had understood what was her task. "So both are  equally nasty greeds."

"Three days at max."

"Roger that." With a light wave, Soojung ended the briefing session and left the room.