*** IV

You Only Live Twice

2014

"That one making weird face is Jiae. The one drawing Jiae's face is Jisoo. That short haired one who's talking with her teddy bear is Myungeun. The smaller one with tiara and staff is Jiyeon. The biggest one who's pulling Yein's hair have same name.. Wait no Ryu Sujeong don't do that to Yein!!"

Since their relationship has gone official, Eunji took advantage of the situation by engaging Soojung as free-of-charge babysitter, taking the five years old to kindergarten and nursing her while her parents couldn’t get out from overtime. Inevitably, she became regular visitor of Mijoo’s workplace and playground nearby.

"So, have you remembered all of their names?" Mijoo went back after managed to break the fighting kids apart, smoothing her sunflower patterned apron then dropping herself on the bench beside her girlfriend.

"Devil number one, devil number two, devil number three..." Soojung pointed her finger at every kids from Mijoo's group, her face impassive, and the teacher roared boisterous laugh.

"That's not how you call children! They're angels!"

"And you are my giant Deviljoo." The older woman concluded evenly.

———————

"Soojung unnieeee... I want this doll house!"

"Mr. and Mrs. Rabbit too!"

"Soojung unnie I want this White Mouse Family set~"

Soojung rolled her eyes at the last cutesy voice. "Oh please... It doesn't suit you at all, Mijoo!"

"Stingy unnie~" The younger woman made a face, which followed by chorus of hearty giggles from Yein and her friends.

"Yah!"

"Yah~"

While children loved Soojung because she appeared like one of them, they loved Mijoo because she behaved like one of them.

Mijoo would constantly mimic whatever Soojung did, making fun of her bashful movements around kids, and bunch of five years olds would snicker at her. Some humor would do great for child's development, Mijoo said, to which Soojung debated these kids would definitely cause some catastrophes in future because of what you’ve taught them.

Mijoo talked a lot; when Soojung focused more on her books or computer games and clearly not listening, she whined a lot more. (Most of the time, Soojung had to kiss her to deter the nuisance.) She did terrible aegyo Soojung found embarassing (and cute, she just didn't want to admit), gave flowers Soojung never liked, added various feminine stuffs into Soojung's house she deemed too plain and need some interior make-over, forced Soojung to dance with her... The list could go on forever.

Basically, she did everything that make Soojung crazy.

———————

On few occasions Soojung let herself being bottom, Mijoo loved to tease and prolong things just to wheedle as much pleasure writhes as possible out of her.

"God-- You are a very, very twisted kindergarten teacher."

“I honestly don't know where did you get such impression that every single of us are chaste and pure. We aren't saint." Mijoo's voice barely a whisper. She ran her tongue so painfully slow across Soojung's midriff, leaving a trail of scorching fire in every part touched by her lips. "Were you sent to a school where all the teachers were holy priestess during your childhood..."

"Well... At the age of eleven my mentor taught me how to break into next door flat and simple hacking like stealing email or Friendster passwords." Obviously, Soojung had no idea of what she just said.

"Huh?"

"..... Nevermind.” She rasped, nails digging into Mijoo’s back, clutching tightly for dear life. “Keep going, and faster please."

———————

"I love this place."

Myungsoo aimed his lens at the scenery before him - colourful textiles, ceramics, carpets, lamps, and so forth - while carefully measuring compositon and angle. "Okay girls, give me your best smile!"

"We're here for mission and not some leisure sightseeing."

Soojung shook her head with disdain when Kyungri actually posed at Myungsoo's camera. It wasn't everyday they stood in the middle of Grand Bazaar Istanbul, and girl just couldn't miss the chance to get this moment captured.

"Yeah, but right now we're playing sightseeing tourists to survey the scene." They went on taking more photographs so Soojung - had never been fond of making heart sign and grinning like a fool - began to wander around.

She was thinking about how Hyuna should've stopped recruiting colleagues from supermodel career to join their team when she noticed the change of surroundings around her. Soojung had walked adrift quite far and somehow arrived in jewelry section of the market. Considering how she was never good at pinpointing direction, Soojung decided to go back before getting lost and causing trouble for her peers. But then, a piece of pendant displayed in the storefront of an accessories shop caught her eyes.

Dangling on chain necklace, it was nice and not tacky compared to another antique-styled jewelry. It was red. And it would look good on Mijoo.

"300 Lira. Authentic." The shopkeeper was a middle-aged woman, giving an from-ear-to-ear smile that looked like fox had just found its prey as she rattling about the jewel in broken English.

———————

"Gang, you understand Turkish? Can you help me?"

Kyungri's eyes slightly widened as she lifted her brows. "Sure. What?"

"Bargain for necklace."

Kyungri's eyes bulged.

———————

"L, it's enough, we got what we need, another people will take over from now!" Kyungri tugged Myungsoo’s arm. He still warily gauging if the guys they just knocked down would make any more counterattack. Satisfied that both of them could barely stir on their spot, he eased off his guard and joined Kyungri and Soojung who were waiting next to open door.

They were set to leave, but Soojung's step halt for a moment, realizing something that supposed to be inside her pocket was no longer there. So she spun on her heel, eyes searching for the red pendant frantically under dim light of the shabby hotel's room.

"Soul what the are you doing?!"

"WATCH OUT!" They both shouted in unison at Soojung who weren’t aware of someone’s presence approaching her from behind.

At first she only felt huge thing made from glass breaking right at the back of her head, and Kyungri's aghast face. Then searing pain. Then nothing.

———————

a week later

"Now I'm starting to believe you hit your head real hard..."

Soojung looked up slightly, didn't even stop her activity scribbling something on a just taken polaroid. "What do you mean?"

"You're taking picture of an almost empty plate." Mijoo nudged her head in the direction of a plate with only some bits left from scrambled egg she'd made for their breakfast. Not something Soojung would normally let Mijoo do, but this time, after got home from work-related trip in Turkey wrapped in bandage and worried the hell out of the younger woman, Soojung just didn't have the strength to refuse Mijoo's insistent offer to stay over and take care of her.

"Hmm.." Was the only respond she got. Thus Mijoo reached out and snatched the little paper before Soojung managed to place it inside her newly bought polaroid album.

Mijoo's crass laughter filled the whole room. A napkin hurdled across dining table towards the short woman.

"Yah I'm not that bad!"

‘Commemorating first time Mijoo cooked scrambled egg without pieces of eggshell inside it’ was written on the photograph. 

———————

To give and receive equal amount of love with someone. At first it felt strange to Soojung, or maybe scary, that she could actually open up and get used to this whole new concept. It was like being with Mijoo had drawn out her human side.

It made her thought there was a home that would welcome her back after risking life stealing piece of confidential information or following some higher ups from huge company; something she never dared to imagine, something she never realized she had yearned for years.

It made her feel she’d found family.

———————

'White Mouse Set' look like this :P