*** VII - epilogue

You Only Live Twice

present time

"I used to think having a student who got same given name as my girlfriend is the most awkward thing ever.." Mijoo stifles a giggle. "But you have subordinate with same name as your cat!"

"Yeah, it's always like, when I call Hoya I got a yes? and a meow!" Hyuna replies.

"Those lady and ahjumma over there, what about stop discussing cats and help us?" Across the room, Soojung appears carrying an enormous rectangular package containing poles and plywood boards they're planning to assemble into cat condo.

"I'm not cat!" Howon protests, though still engaged with his drilling task.

It’s been a year since they decided to dismiss their group and went separate ways. Some of them started new job, some others moved to another city, doing things they always wanted to do but never had chance before; Myungsoo's name is now found on several fashion magazine as photographer, Kyungri came back to her hometown in Busan bringing Minha along with her, and Woohyun managed a restaurant with his brother.

Soojung became actual game programmer, an idea that breached as pure joke by Hyuna, but then again, it's easy - at least for Soojung, it's a productive way to use free time, it will give more points than 'unemployed' when she need to introduce herself to Mijoo's family, so why not? She took Howon and Dongwoo under her wing and they made their own company called Infinite H. By now, most children in Little Stars Kindergarten has became her fans for games she created, much to Mijoo's dismay.

("Stop luring my children with your tamagotchi application, you kids thief!" "What can I say, they always like to be around me! By the way, this is Animal Collector not tamagotchi.")

It wasn't really easy at first, and old habit dies hard. Like when they both had forgotten their apartment keys, Soojung immediately suggested she break the door while Mijoo insisted more normal way; calling the landlord for spare key. But things got better as time went by, slowly but surely. She kept away her weapons on the deepest of her closet instead of work desk's drawer. She fixed her sleeping schedule, turned from awful insomniac into someone who can cuddle comfortably in Mijoo's embrace for eight hours and even more during weekend.

She learned to become just a Lee Soojung.

Hyuna and Sunga jetted off on round-the-world trip, sending several photo-postcards everytime they moved to new place. Some of them were wonderful cityscape of European countries, some others wild life in the midst of African jungle. Soojung loves the one with beach and blue sky they sent from Fiji, and Sunga promised will give them a tour around if one day they ever come there.

Months passed and first thing Hyuna did after she went home now, was inviting everyone to a reunion - helping her furnishing her brand new cat cafe.

"Those two are getting along very well, I see.." Dongwoo points out at Mijoo and Hyuna who are still chatting animatedly. The two had met in few occasions before, but this is the first time they have chance to talk in relaxed way, and as expected, they're talking a lot, about almost anything.

"I just hope they don't lead each other into more mischief, please." Soojung sighs, grabbing a soft drink Myungsoo offering to everyone. "Looney girl and whimsical old lady..."

"Great combo. Good luck dealing with more trouble." Woohyun snickers when Soojung shrugs off his hand that's been patting her shoulder.

"Ugh deliver me from evils."

"We heard you!" Hyuna and Mijoo shout at once from their spot in comfy sofa.

"Do you want to get spanked like when you were in elementary..."

"Moon Hyuna what were you telling her?!" Soojung interrupts immediately, steam on her ears, half-running towards the two to prevent whatever embarrassing stories they're going to leak.

"Now that's interesting! We want to hear the story too!" Minha says. Everyone's eyes light up with curiosity while Soojung's screaming severe disagreement.

"Meal time everyone!" Sunga pokes her head into the room. "Any volunteer to help me retrieve food from car?"

Storytelling session dismissed, they all run to massive amount of pizza and spaghetti and Soojung mutters saved by the bell under her breath. Food works miracle, it's proven by how in just fifteen minutes ten of them has turned civil, every mouth busy munching on their meal happily.

"Hey it's mine!" Soojung yells loudly when Mijoo snatched the last of her favourite honey gorgonzola from plate.

"First come, first served, baby." Mijoo winks, flashing million-watts smile. She then pulls the pizza apart into two pieces; one is far larger than the other. "What's the keyword?" Mijoo dangles the bigger portion in front of Soojung, as though offering treats to hungry little puppy.

"I hate you Midyu~" Soojung whines, lower lip sticks out into cute pout and her cheeks puffy.

"Wrong. Here have the little one."

From across the table, Kyungri's jaw falls to the floor, Dongwoo looks like he needs a paper bag to breath into, and Hyuna cackles, not sure if it’s more at the bickering pair or her stunned friends.

"D.. Did Soul just aegyo to get a piece of pizza?" Kyungri stammers. "And is it me hallucinating or she looks... Cute?!"

"Where were you all this time? She’s always cute!” Hyuna says gleefully, trying to pinch Soojung’s cheek but the other woman slaps her hand away.

"But really! Are you not actually an alien possessing our Soul's body?" Dongwoo asks in his most serious tone.

"Well.." She shrugs. "One thing for sure, Soul's no longer here. I'm just Soojung now. This is my second life."

"You only live twice, Soojung-ssi." Hyuna smiles warmly. And Soojung too.

———————

At night, they all went back to their personal home, promising to meet again soon when the cat cafe officially open. Mijoo just finished shower, walking down to the living room and finds her girlfriend lying flat over their couch, dead tired after all the works she'd done today. Grinning slyly, she flops herself on top of Soojung.

"Yah! How much did you eat back in Hyuna’s place?!" She complains, though it soon turns into fits of giggle as Mijoo starts nuzzling into her neck.

"Are these photos from today?" Mijoo asks, long arm reaching out to grab some polaroids from the table in front of them.

Soojung nods. “We’re all look good, right?”

“Yeah. Definitely.” Mijoo’s smile grows wider at one with ten of them struggling to get into the frame, she traces all with her thumb; from the happy faces, silly poses, hands around each other's shoulders, to Soojung’s handwriting scribbled by the corner of paper.

My Family =), it said.

 

———————

I'm sorry for taking forever to finish this! Thanks to everyone who read until the end though this story so much ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ (I honestly had once thought to just delete this and rewrite more simple one shot, but that would only make me an irresponsible writer.. so I kept trying and managed to ended this somehow)

Also apologize for any mischaracterization on Infinite and Nine Muses members appeared here. I originally wanted to write Yoon Mirae since Soul really likes her, but I have no idea how is she like LOL so I chose another idol instead (^_^! )

Until we meet again! (^_^)/~