Chapter nine.

Unrequited feeling.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

« Are you okay Yunhyeong-ah ? » asked the older one, he was worried about his dongsaeng who didn’t said a word since Chanwoo took June away to talk. He nodded but he was still confused, he tried to remember June’s last words, those words were repeated again and again inside of his brain. He tried to fix all the things that were going inside of his head until he saw them coming back. He looked up and saw them walking toward them, hand in hand. They looked fine, Chanwoo was trying to smile to the 5 boys in front of him while whispering things to June, June who tried his best to ignore the request the younger one asked him. Chanwoo wanted June to apologize to Yunhyeong, because the way he acted toward the older one was still not acceptable even if he was  mad at that time. 

June didn’t want to apologize at first, but he gave up and putted his pride aside and apologized. « I’m sorry hyung for the way I behaved toward you. » he said, looking at Yunhyeong who smiled.

 

He was always the type to let things go very fast, he couldn’t be mad at his friends at all. Like Chanwoo, Yunhyeong was always a nice person, he would always smile and cheer people up. 

« It’s okay. » was all he answered before Jinhwan smacked June’s head, scolding him for what he had done and all June could do is running away from the older who were running after him. 

« You brat ! I will teach you how to respect your hyungs ! Stupid kid !! Don’t you even dare to lay a hand on Yunhyeong anymore or I will kill you with my own hand you stupid brat ! »

 

Chanwoo laughed at the scene with Donghyuk and all Hanbin could do is being used as a shield by June. He was going to miss these moments, these moments where they all enjoyed each other presence, he would miss everything he have now except that painful feeling when the day would come. 

Chanwoo looked at Yunhyeong and he looked back, his heart started to ache again. He looked into those beautiful eyes, those eyes he wished that could only see him and no one else. But it was too good to be true, when he knew that he would never be the one for him.

Jinhwan and June’s fight stopped and they stared at Chanwoo and Yunhyeong when the younger one said : « Hyung ? » Chanwoo looked at the boy who was in front of him. 

« Yes ? » he answered, puzzled.

« Can I talk to you for a moment ? » Chanwoo asked, showing a light smile even though it was hard for him to keep looking fine in front of him. The others stayed still, waiting for Yunhyeong’s answer. At first, he was a little bit surprised by this sudden request but he knew he have to give an answer to Chanwoo who was looking at him.

« Oh - yeah of course. » he answered, still a little puzzled. He smiled and the younger one smiled back. When Yunhyeong putted his arm around Chanwoo’s one as usual, the younger one freezed a little but enough for Yunhyeong to notice it. 

« What’s the matter ? » questioned the older one, a little confused by the maknae sudden reaction.

« No-nothing. » he simply answered, trying to act ‘normal’.

 

Then they walked away in front of the eyes of the 5 others, they were confused about what Chanwoo wanted to talk with Yunhyeong, all of them except Junhoe, who looked at the two, arms locked to each other. Somehow he felt his heart aching a little even if he knew what is going to happen between the two.

 

They walked slowly to that place, only the silence remain between them. Yunhyeong was smiling as usual and Chanwoo was a little happy that his hyung was still the one he met few years ago. How beautiful Yunhyeong was in Chanwoo’s eyes, the older one just didn’t have a hint about it. They walked and walked until Chanwoo stopped and looked at Yunhyeong in the eyes. He was telling him that they have arrived, telling him to sit down on that bench just behind Yunhyeong.

He understood what Chanwoo wanted and sat down, the curiosity was devouring him.

 

Chanwoo sat down next to his hyung without a word. He didn’t say anything for a moment, looking at the tree in front of them. Once again, only the sound of the wind blowing was echoing in their ears. Yunhyeong was confused but he didn’t dare to split a single word.

« Hyung ? »

Chanwoo suddenly said, catching the older one attention who looked at him.

« Yes ? »

« How its going with ShinHye noona ? » He simply asked without even looking at him.

Yunhyeong was surprised by the sudden question, but he felt inside of him a little glimpse of joy.

« We are fine, we just had our first date yesterday. We’ve gone to the beach after eating. » he answered smiling widely. Chanwoo smiled lightly, still looking anywhere else but not the man next to him.

« I’m very happy for you both. » he lied. He wasn’t happy at all and he hated the fact that he couldn’t be happy for the happiness of the man he loved. It was the first time he felt so selfish, the first time he didn’t want the other one’s happiness. He hated all these first time.

« Thank you my Chanwoo-ah. » Yunhyeong smiled before asked the question he wanted to ask since the beginning. 

« Why didn’t you come these last days ? » he looked at the maknae, waiting for an answer.

« I-I wanted to be alone to think about some things. » he said, a little hesitant and shortly. Yunhyeong wanted to ask another question when suddenly Chanwoo asked :

« Do you know this place hyung ? » he asked, still looking at the tree in front of him.

The older one looked around him slowly before he noticed the beautiful cherry blossom. He immediately recognized the place, he remembered that it was there when they met each other for the first time. He still remember everything about that day, about when Chanwoo was apologizing every 5 minutes because he was guilty about what happened.

« Yeah of course ! It was here when we met each other ! I remember that you were so cute when your cheeks were red because you were embarrassed. » he answered before letting a chuckle out.

 

His eyes were full of stars, light and happiness. Another side of Yunhyeong that made Chanwoo fall for him. Another reason that turned Chanwoo into the mess he was because of that unrequited love.

Chanwoo smiled, happy that his hyung remember that day. It was just a basic day but it was a important for him. He was somehow glad that Yunhyeong still remember that day.

 

« Yeah, you were so beautiful that day under this cherry blossom. » He caught Yunhyeong off guard with this sudden affirmation. He blushed lightly, a little embarrassed. He didn’t expect Chanwoo to say this out of a sudden, he didn’t expect it at all.

« Haha what are you saying ? » he laughed shyly.

« You are still so beautiful hyung » Chanwoo said, looking at Yunhyeong with a light smile.

This time his words were sincere and true. That man named Song Yunhyeong was beautiful in his eyes, that same Song Yunhyeong with whom he regretly fall in love with.

« T-Thank you ? Why are you saying this out of a sudden ? » he laughed, thinking that it was just a joke.

« Can I take your hands one last time hyung ? » he suddenly said, looking at those hands which belonged to the man that he wished was his. He wished he was the one who held those hands to protect him, to warm those hands when they were cold. But sadly he wasn’t the one.

« Y-Yeah of course but why are suddenly asking this ? And why ‘one last time’ ? What happened Chanwoo-ah ? » he asked puzzled but worried, he was very surprised by his friend sudden request. Chanwoo took Yunhyeong’s hands tightly, as it was really the last time he will be able to hold them.

 

He was ready to tell him, to tell his ‘friend’ about that feeling which was destroying him day after day. He thought that he couldn’t hold it any longer, it was the right time to say it no matter what will happen next. He breathed deeply.

« Hyung … » He said, looking straightly at Yunhyeong who was worried because of the younger one sudden behavior. 

« Y-Yeah ? » he was afraid of what Chanwoo was going to say, he feared the worst.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter