Chapter eight.

Unrequited feeling.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They walked to somewhere, Chanwoo still holding June’s hand. None of them talked, June was still irritated by what just happened. He let Chanwoo guiding him to where he wanted, he didn’t have the time to care about where they were going at the moment. June just looked at his hand being pulled by Chanwoo’s one, he wanted this for so long but he never thought it would be in a situation like this that his dream would came true.

He looked up and saw where they were going, it was that tree, that tree that Chanwoo loved the most but June hated it. He hated that place, not because it wasn’t pretty but because it was the first time he saw him cry. He still remember how painful his heart was when he saw the tears dropping one by one on the grass. Those tears that the boy he loved let running down his beautiful face. 

 

Once they arrived in front of the tree, the younger boy released June’s hand and looked at him, surprisedly he wasn’t angry and all we could see was his eyes filled with sadness.

« Can you sit down please ? » he asked before sitting down, back against the tree. June hesitated, he was surprise that the younger one didn’t yell at him. It wasn’t like he was waiting for Chanwoo to scold him but he expected the younger one to be furious, because he almost disclosed Chanwoo’s feelings toward Yunhyeong. He looked at the younger, still asking himself if he should sit or not.

 

But without thinking twice, he sat down and back tackled against the tree. He didn’t look at Chanwoo because he didn’t want to meet his eyes, not after what happened.

« Don’t ask me why I did that, you already know the reason. » he said shortly and coldly, still looking away. The younger didn’t replied, looking at the ground, watching those beautiful petals.

« You know June, it was here. » June was confused, he didn’t have a clue about what Chanwoo was talking about.

« It was here when I met him for the first time. » Now that he knew, he didn’t said anything and still looked away.

« He was so beautiful, it was what I thought when I saw him for the first time. » Chanwoo smiled idiotly, he looked at the sky and continued his ‘tale’.

« I didn’t know that he would be my first love, I fell in love without even knowing it. » he let out a chuckle. June was listening but he acted like he didn’t give a damn after all.

He was good at acting too, that’s why he succeed to hide his feelings for the younger one during all this time. He was listening but at the same time, his heart was aching. Every words Chanwoo was saying about Yunhyeong were stabbing him, but still, he didn’t say anything and let the pain growing inside of him. 

 

« I was a idiot. » Chanwoo suddenly said, earning a surprise face from June.

« What are you- » he couldn’t even end his question that he was cut off by the younger.

« I was a idiot June and I’m still one. » he repeated, this time he looked at the ground.

« I was stupid to fall in love with him, stupid to let this feeling growing inside of me. »

« You didn’t know, you couldn’t do anything about it. » June said, looking at the boy next to him.

« If I wasn’t so stupid, I could have noticed it sooner. »

« Stop saying that Jung Chanwoo. » June was irritated, he didn’t want the younger to bring himself down like this, he couldn’t stand it.

« When I realized that my love for him was more than the love of a friend, of a brother, it was already too late. » June didn’t answer and kept looking at him. 

« I was so stupid to fall in love with someone who already belongs to someone else. » 

« Yah. If you told him when I told you so maybe he- » 

« It’s useless hyung, he don’t love me in that way. » 

« And how did you know ? »

« Because I haven’t seen him so happy until that time, that time when he told us that he loved someone. »

 

June didn’t answer, Chanwoo was right, Yunhyeong was always a happy person but that time it was different, he was like the happiest man on this earth. « Even if I told him, even if he would be with me and not her, he won’t be happy. » Chanwoo said looking at June’s eyes, he forced a smile.

« I don’t want to break his wings, I don’t want to trap him in my selfish love. » ‘If your love is selfish than mine is worse’ June thought inside of his head. 

 

« I will give up on him. » Chanwoo said suddenly, surprising June once again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter