TGG ❦ 8.

The Gamer Girl [HIATUS]

Chapter 8: ist pig

 

“I’m not quite sure about that…” Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Kris looked really tired out and hey, after all that screaming, even Bi An could have been worn out from their voices too.

“Anyways, it’s interesting! Have you looked at your inventory? They give slime drops! Isn’t that sick?” Jongdae smirked, knowing they would go ‘ewww’ and look disgusted.

Bi An opened her inventory and saw the usual, the things that Jongdae just mentioned and she was pleasantly surprised to see that she had an equipment drop as well.

Squishy shoes. Provides agility and defense. Huh. I guess my beginner luck is still as strong as ever. This looks like the jelly boots I see online. It’s actually a wonder that they are not GREEN. That would be horrendous. 

She clicked on the shoes and it appeared on her hand, she sat down on a nearby rock and started wearing them absentmindedly. The others stared in interest as they crowded around her.

“What the heck is that?” Baekhyun asked in awe.

“Slimes dropped them.” Bi An replied as she finally placed them on. They were much more comfortable then the ragged sandals that beginners get. She stood up, flicked her long pink hair behind and adjusted her skirt before facing them again.

“Tch. I swear game companies give girls better advantages every time.” Kris grumbled. Bi An glared daggers at him. She couldn’t stand how people think that girls are lousier gamers compared to guys.

Well, not like you were doing any better in WarFire. WarFire was a game where one could choose any character and Kris was not doing any better over there.

She rolled her eyes upon seeing him gulp while Junmyeon commented that Kris was just jealous that someone was doing better than him and that someone happened to be her, a girl. Junmyeon chuckled as she puffed out her cheeks and crossed her arms, as if saying she didn’t want to listen to any excuses.

“Anyways, let’s move on,” Baekhyun cheered. “Someone please remember to tell him he bought a damn staff and should stand at the back please,”Sehun said exasperatedly as they all moved through the forest together.

“I do pray for all our stupidity but, I just realized, there is a new quest,” Jongdae, the one who was least expected to say something smart, actually did.

“…I didn’t want to believe you but why it is true.” Baekhyun pretended to vomit.

“Come on guys, let’s not waste time. So, what is it?”

“Quest,” Bi An said under her breath. The blue screen flickered in front of her. Oh boy, it was going to be quite a long time before she got used to this game’s mechanics. It was too ing cool to be true. Travel to the next town, Hirane, and help out the villagers.

“We are not doing this, are we?” Baekhyun blinked innocently, “I actually had a plan of being an evil little in this game.”

“Baekhyun, go create another character later to do that. Let’s just follow the storyline like a normal person for now, okay?”

“Fun is your middle name, isn’t it?” He sneered at Junmyeon but nevertheless still followed instructions.

Bi An took Baekhyun’s words into account and actually thought what he said was pretty interesting. She kept quiet as the people in front of her bickered and pictured herself terrorizing village after village. Wouldn’t work, would it? What kind of silly idea is that? Tch.

Soon enough, they soon came out of the forest into a beautiful clearing. Bi An had made sure to collect the edible-looking weeds along the ground and had garnered a fair bit. To a curious Chanyeol that asked, she told him that she was going to make potions out of it probably in an alchemist’s room.

“It’s no fun if you make them. Just leave it to the experts and NPCs because heck, this game is beautiful.” He shrugged his shoulders and sent her a huge grin before running into the village of Hirane like a madman. It’s not like making potions isn’t fun, tch.

Bi An was about to make quick work about talking to the villages when an NPC old man came up to her.

“Good day young lady?”

“You too, ahjussi?”

“I’m afraid not, pirates have been coming in and out of our villages. My people are afraid and we can only pray that they don’t come back often. Could you please help us defeat them? They are currently lounging near the harbors.”

A red blinking notification popped out.

This is a one-time event. Rejecting will result in loss of chance to do this quest.

“Ah,” Bi An smiled at the elder, “Of course we will.”The elder thanked her profusely before giving her a pat on the back, “Rewards will find their way to those successful.”

 


MarioNe's note:
hehe hi guys