TGG ❦ 4.

The Gamer Girl [HIATUS]

Chapter 4: Trust, Error found

She packed everything and left quickly. Out the classroom and out of the school. Her walk home was uneventful due to the heaphones that she had over her head. She was listening to Teen Top’s ‘Jangnan Aniya’ and it pretty much kept away any outside disturbances. She finally reached home and opened her door, to find a package with her gaming name on it at her feet.

Bi An picked it up in wonder and realization dawned upon her once she found out that it was the game that she had preordered. This game, ‘Second Realm’, was a multiplayer online game with an adventure genre that mainly revolved around magic. News of the game arrived one month ago and everyone was hyped about it after seeing the many reviews and demonstrations that beta players had given.

She had immediately ordered it upon seeing the high-def graphics it had and the fact that she loved adventure genres like this one. Apparently, the game would be never-ending because they would keep adding dungeon after dungeon of bosses and would keep expanding the map and it already had a fair share of exploration as it was already now.

Bi An tore the packaging off and found the game’s SD card and a head gear that came with it.

Another reason why this game was so popular was the fact that it made use of the newest technology, Kaminoyona, developed by the Japanese and literally meaning ‘God-like’, and it was like the upgraded version of the Oculus. Using Kaminoyona, one could play a game through the signals the brain sent it and it was like on a whole new level of reality. A really realistic life online. And with this, I can try to interact with others face to face. And maybe even make a friend. Let’s try the utmost best to be friendlier and outgoing… just like before. Just like when I was younger and abeoji was still with us. Just like before.

She read the manual, which was unluckily in Japanese and she had to go online to check how to use the head gear. After making sure she got everything in her head, she took off her glasses and put it on.

“Ikuze.”

A strange sensation overwhelmed her and suddenly, she felt as if she moved into another room. "Hi. Welcome to the character creation page," A human lookalike, most probably an NPC, asked with a smile on her face, "Please do as I instruct you too. Stand as still as possible please."

Bi An's face grew into one of surprise as rays of red light started scanning her whole body. "Thank you for your patience. For this game, you will be using your own outer appearance but you will be allowed to change the colour of any part you like. You may also add tattoos. Equipment will be given to you in-game later."

Bi An was dazed for a certain while before she blushed rosy pink. Pabo-ya. Who the hell thinks of pink hair? It’s not like I am still some young child… Aish. PINK HAIR? Ok call. Wait. Are you really sure, you may even get stuck with this hair colour for life in this game and there wouldn’t be anything to save you from the embarrassment-

“Hello, if you are bothered by the change of colour, I would like to assure you that you are able to change it in the game, although it may cost you quite a bit.” The NPC smiled cheerfully.

“Okay then, I would like my hair to be pink.” She mumbled, obviously very mortified by her own choice. “Here’s a mirror for you to look in!” The NPC waved her hand around and all of a sudden, a rectangular mirror appeared next to her body. Bi An looked at herself in awe.

Well. Character customization was really going to take awhile. 

 


MarioNe's note:
next update will be tommorow and a longer chapter. hehe thanks for reading. BE READY for exo!