TGG ❦ 7.

The Gamer Girl [HIATUS]

Chapter 7: slimy situation

"Shall we?" 

"I guess. I have no choice, do I?" Bi An mumbled.

"Nope, then let's go!" The more childish members cheered. Bi An quickly accepted the quest to venture the forest and start killing some slimes.

Go to the beginner forest and kill 10 slimes.

"Accept my friend request?" Chanyeol slung an arm around her as he rambled off random stuff. She nodded her head and sighed inwardly before shrugging his arm off.

I hope this is a onetime thing because I won't be able to keep up with this situation. The tension that they will find out it's me is killing my poor heart.

"Anyways, which school are you from?" 

"...Meihwa Girls' High."

"Cool! That's just beside our school! All of us are from SM High! But Kris is our homeroom teacher and Suho is our school's doctor."  He obviously loved talking because he continued his monologue, “They are all geniuses even though they may look like idiots, we got to know each other because we attended the same middle school.  We met Kris, Suho and a bunch of others online. There's also Luhan and some others that you would really love to meet. They are all mostly studying though, to teach at the school or they are working. They would only be online later at night; will you be online later at night?" He paused to look at her.

And, games are for me to relax. Just leave me alone in the internet world. I'm on the verge of tearing your hair out.

Bi An was trapped in her thoughts and at the same time, absent-mindedly took her dagger out to try and swung it around like a little child. She looked at her weapon skill list and her mastery was currently level 1. She returned from her own world as Chanyeol poked her in the shoulders and she jumped in surprise. Bi An looked up to his huge frame with startled eyes as if saying, ‘Huh?'

“Will you be playing until late at night?” He asked again.

Oh yeah. I would be playing until midnight but I ain’t telling you all. You wish I would.  Oh god, spending time with them means more exposure equaling to the truth getting out sooner than expected.

“No, I’m getting off by dinner.” She pursed her lips and raised her eyebrows. Looking none too suspicious, she hoped. Chanyeol nodded his head knowingly with his lower lip jutted out and began talking to other people.

Soon, they reached a clearing in the middle, which was full of grass and flowers, and saw some monsters loitering around, probably waiting to be killed. Additionally, the map was being updated with every step they take. Being with the guys was actually quite irritating because they only walked straight and the map wasn’t fully updated. I’m coming back here alone later. She sighed.

As soon as Bi An laid her eyes on them, a ‘???’ mark appeared on top of the slime.

I guess, like normal games, after striking the monster, will then the name and level appear? And, it’s strange but, this wild grass on the floor, are they useable items? Maybe they had a function of herbs or something if I picked them and ate it? Eating it? I’m not sure if I want to do that…If this game is as realistic as its image holds, herbs would taste awfully disgusting.

She scrunched up her nose but began picking on the wild grass on the floor, where a light blinking, ‘Herb obtained’ appeared in front of her. She silently said, “Inventory,” and a list of boxes appeared in front of her, the first one being filled by a herb-like icon. Bi An read the statistics along with it and apparently, it could heal 10hp. They were all at 100hp now, unless they changed statistics, and that the herb could be used for basic crafting. A potion of sorts, she thought.

“Hey! Kris-hyung! Go first,” Baekhyun shouted and the other members cheered. They were all standing behind the trees, waiting for a first sacrifice to demonstrate their weapon skills and whether the slime, which was probably a beginner level monster, would do a lot of damage.

“Why me?” He grumbled.

“Because you are the oldest,”Jongin shrugged and Sehun nodded in agreement.

“No, if anything, you are supposed to go, the maknae has to go.” Kris argued. And if anyone would be the maknae, it’s me. Bi An shook her head at the childishness and gripped the dagger in her left hand tight. She cautiously approached the opening of the trees and before anyone was going to comment on her attacks, she launched forward and stabbed the slime in the eye and pulled the dagger right back up, causing a critical hit on the first try. This is actually quite fun. And easy. She smirked but tried not to make it so obvious that she was feeling victorious.

The other slimes had began to notice their first death and were all crowding towards her with anger marks on their heads. She quickly slashed at them but to her misfortune, none died yet and all were down to half hp. 8 slimes and 1 weapon? Better run. She dodged into the shelter of the trees while slimes were rampaging after her. They were slow, so it wasn’t really a big worry.

When she looked back, she realized that none were going after her anymore. I guess they took them out. Bi An began trudging back briskly to the blue icons that were signs of a friend player, and saw that they were attacking the slime with much effort.

Firstly, Kris was shouting every few seconds the slime moved towards him and he would just stab it with his longsword every time it did that. Junmyeon was also dealing with a single slime but was standing in the sidelines, unknown to the slime and shooting arrows that were pretty much inaccurate even with the help of the game system.

Another reason to laugh out loud was the fact that Sehun and Jongin, however much overpowering they were against one single slime, were frowning incessantly and doing small slashes with their daggers, probably wondering why it wasn’t dying. Jongdae was slashing his axe around like a person on a sugar rush and was probably the only person who was actually enjoying the whole process.

The funniest by far was Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, they were screaming and shouting at the 3 slimes that were coming after them and rather than attacking with their hammer and magicstaff, were running in circles and alluding the slime’s biting attack. What’s precious was Kyungsoo’s facial expression. He had two eyes opened wide, scared less, and unable to hold a normal conversation except, ‘Ah!’ and ‘aurgh!’

Where was the tall guy? Bi An thought to herself. Turns out he had already finished killing it with his claymore and was laughing away at his friends in the trees’ shadows.

They were soon annihilated with the help of Bi An that she gave Kyungsoo-Baekhyun duo and they were all grinning like hell. Including Bi An, who was toning it down a bit because it was just too out-of-character for her (even if it was in-game).

“This game is going to be addictive.” Jongdae smiled with a bright face.

Sure is.

 


MarioNe's note:
yay because lucky one is growing on me and they so hot in the mv; gdi