TGG ❦ 3.

The Gamer Girl [HIATUS]

Chapter 3: Trust, Error found

“You pair of retards, I swear you should stop shouting in the corridor or I will give you detention-“ The staff from just now threatened under his breath at the same time two teenagers opened the door.

“Okay, Kris.” They sniggered as he glared at the comedic duo who high-fived. Both of them took a seat beside the guy Bi An talked to just now. Kris was about to tell the class to stand but another three students came bustling in. It was a guy with big eyes, a tall one who was trying to hide his smile and another who was full-blown smiling. That smile pissed off Kris seonsaeng-nim the most.

“Mianhe Kris-ssam.” The guy with big eyes shook his head and sighed in exaperation at his a little under-educated friends.

Ehem. Don’t be late again. Get to your seats.” He looked like he was used to this situation and couldn’t be bothered.

“Good morning class. I am Mr. Kris Wu Yi Fan and I expect all of you to call me seonsaeng-nim. Any questions?” He raised his brows, mostly directed at the 6 boys at the back, and everyone knew it meant that there was suppose to be no more funny business going on in their heads.

“How old are you?” A girl asked excitedly, “I heard that you graduated at a really young age!” Another added and chatter began to grew.

“I have no obligation to answer that-”

“He’s 22.” Someone from the back snickered. An irate mark grew on his forehead.

Byun Baekhyun.” He said and Bi An was surprised his tone was actually quite pleasant, “Stand up would you? Introduce yourself.”

“Hi, I’m Baekhyun!” He waved excitedly to the class.

“And you just got yourself 2 hours of detention. Outside the office at 1pm.” He ignored the groans that said person was making, “Let’s start taking attendance.”

“Kim Jongin.” The tanned one raised his hands.

“Park Chanyeol.” The taller of the comedic duo saluted Kris.

“Kim Jongdae.” The one who was laughing a lot just waved at him.

“Do Kyungsoo.” The boy with big guys replied with a, “here.”

“Oh Sehun?” He nodded silently. Looks like he doesn’t like talking. Well, I’m glad. He sits behind me and I’m not sure if I’m ready for a talkative seatmate. Bi An blinked as Kris called her name. “Lee Bi An?”

The girl with nerdy black spectacles raised her hand meekly and shot it back down.

After some more names, Kris gave them some administrative stuff to do and finally listed the last event of the day down. “I swear I did not make this…stupid excuse of a friendship test, “ Kris dragged on monotonously, also a little disgusted by the word friendship, "But you are supposed to make friends with someone seating in front of you or behind you. Well for example, Sehun and the girl with black spectacles in front of him.” Bi An felt her heart beating right there and then. She kept her poker face as she stared at the front.

“Anyways, do that friendship thing until class ends.” Kris took a seat in his chair in front of the class and nonchalantly took out his phone to clear the next stage of candy crush. Bi An was at a loss to what to do. She turned around hesitantly when someone poked her shoulder and stared at the other’s table, which was already packed up and cleared, ready to head home.

Almost everyone had already done their part, with the exception of the girl that was sitting in front of Jongin. Because he was too hot for anyone to handle, apparently.

Kyungsoo decided to help out the quiet pair by well, making them interact. “Hi. I’m Kyungsoo. It seems like you and Sehun aren’t talking material. So why don’t we all shake hands for starters?” He held his hand out and grabbed her hand from her lap, shaking it up and down while smiling. He proceeded to take Sehun’s hand, who grumbled, and placed it into Bi An’s hand.

“There! We are all friends now.” Kyungsoo beamed.

If this is his definition of friends, he should probably rethink it because it seems like he would be a good target for kidnapping. Bi An nodded slightly and let go of Sehun’s hand almost immediately and placed them in her lap.

“So, what are your hobbies? Do you like playing games or something? Because we, the six of us here,” He pointed to the whole row, ”always camp at Kris-I mean Wu seonsaeng-nim’s house to play. Don’t tell him I told you that but, he can’t play for his life.” Bi An chortled a little at that statement and almost went all out coughing because she choked on her spit, how embarassing, if it wasn’t for Kyungsoo who patted her back.

“What’s so funny?”

“…It’s nothing.” Bi An got back her calm. She almost ruined herself full-time.

“What is it?” Kyungsoo persisted.

“…That guy called Baekhyun was shouting about how someone else called him a loser in the morning.” She mumbled with a slight smile on her face.

“Oh! That! Yeah, we were playing WarFire yesterday and because it was Kris’s first time, no one wanted him on the team and that’s why he got into the opposing group. Who knew he was going to be so bad and getting called a lousy player right in his face. The opponent team was right though, he really is bad.” He chuckled but the colour of Bi An’s face drained as she saw her homeroom teacher standing, with a huge frown on his face, right behind Do Kyungsoo.

“I wouldn’t have expected you to be the one rambling off your mouth. Baekhyun really did influence you. Detention. 1pm at the office.” Kyungsoo was flabbergasted and he stared back with an indefinite amount of shock. Sehun, who had been silent all these while, snickered at his misfortune, “ to be you.” He smirked.

Kyungsoo sighed and shook his head at Baekhyun who was welcoming him with open arms. Bi An let out a small fit of laughter. These guys are funny. I thought high school would be worse, much more judgemental. She shuddered. Maybe fate wanted to play with her before ditching her in a hole. 

No, don't think about it. Bi An tried lightening up her mood. From her drunk mom and past few bullied experiences, this was definitely a whole lot better on a different level. “So back to the topic…” Kyungsoo sighed, “How can he do that anyways? I mean, do you play any games?” Bi An almost sullened immediately. Not that she was angry with the question, but preferably, she wanted to keep real life and her gaming life totally separate. This was as her reality was a pretty ty one. Scratch that, it was devastatingly horrible.

In game, however, she can freely be what she wants to be and do whatever she wants. Behind that screen, she feels secure and protected by anything malicious because really, what could anyone do to her on the internet?

In real life, she has been hurt so many times, so much so that she doesn’t want to fight back nor gain her sense of free will back anymore. In fact, the internet already grants her that control. What more does she need?

Oh. Because I can’t live in the internet forever. She thought bitterly.

“…No.” She replied but both of them spotted her lying through the lenses of the glasses. Before Kyungsoo could even question about it, the bell rang and everyone greeted the teacher. The only thing that is keeping me going in life is my alternate self-online. Throwing reality and mixing both of them together would tear my sanity apart. And I don't trust anyone to keep it together except myself.

 


MarioNe's note:
yehet for kyungsoo being such a cutie patootie.