TGG ❦ 1.

The Gamer Girl [HIATUS]

Chapter 1: The Gamer Girl

“YAH! I MICHEON-NOM!” The keyboard pressed away furiously, the one behind the computer being angrier than ever. She gritted her teeth as she tapped her foot impatiently against the leg of the spinable chair. 

The girl slowly leaned backwards as if she was suffering from migraine, or perhaps she was, with that fact that she was going to lose the game in about 10 seconds where her main base would get destroyed and there was absolutely nothing she could do about the shameful teamwork or their lousy individual skills.

She kicked the computer case, hoping to relieve some stress but finally decided on leaving the place once and for all… for today anyway. It being 1am also aided her decision to go home from the LAN Café.

She snorted as she stood in front of the shop. It sure was cold. With hands hugging her sides, she yawned as she snuggled into her homely scarf. A pink shade coloured her cheeks as well as her nose and she sneezed as a cold breeze ran past her. Sighing, the girl trudged along the familiar trail that led the way back home.  She frowned and her pace instinctively quickened, was she forgetting something?

Don't tell me... Oh my goodness. Mother of kimchi hell. School starts tomorrow.

 

She woke up with a head full of bed hair. Well, at least she woke up on time. Groggily, she started brushing her teeth and washing her face. She smoothed out the creases from her uniform and raised her arms, lightly touched her nametag and glided over the smooth surface with her fingers. This is it, Lee Bi An. High school starts today and you can do nothing about it. It’s only a 8 hour curriculum and after you come home, you can do whatever you want. It’s a whole new school so no one will bother you.

Satisfied with her own reasoning, Bi An started heading down the stairs silently. Of all things that had to happen in the morning, it was to see her mother in a hangover-state at the dining table. As soon as she spotted the detestable being, her hands clenched into fists and she walked down the stairs more slowly and meekly than before. Her mother looked up with an intensive glare and rubbed her temples, the pain from yesterday’s drinking spree taking over.

“Yah. Lee Bi An. Where’s the breakfast?” Her words were slurred, not fully-recovered from the hangover, and she continued berating her child, “What do you expect me to eat? Air? Will a human get full from the air? Raising you up would have been so much easier. Go!” Her mom did a sweeping action with her fingers and she started scratching her head absentmindedly, her incessant tapping of the floor irritating Bi An who was trying to prepare omelets and sandwiches. This witch. Wait till I become 18 and get a house which belongs solely to me. See if I ever depend on you again. Nevertheless, she couldn’t say anything because she wasn’t capable of doing anything just yet and shooting off would only cause her to get into bigger trouble.

After she was done cooking, she placed it on a plate and a lunchbox respectively, packing in the sandwiches as well. Bi An sealed the lunchbox tightly and quickly put the plate in front of her sleepy mother before slipping out of the dining room to the entrance of the house. Placing it into the small black bag she brought along, she wore her knee high socks and put on her school shoes. She dusted the back of her skirt and shut the door behind her.

Time for school. 

 


MarioNe's Note:
Hello! It's the first chapter. Had this in my microsoft word for a while now. Hope to make friends with the EXO fandom. Ahahaha.