TGG ❦ 2.

The Gamer Girl [HIATUS]

Chapter 2: Wretched Past

She arrived at the school gate 5 minutes before the bell would ring. Bi An surveyed herself as she slowly strolled down the reflective banner at their school compound. On her way there, she had combed her hair and tied it into a ponytail with small tiny braids accompanying it. She perched her black glasses higher on her nose and tugged her skirt a bit higher than her knee so she wouldn’t be a target for being a complete loser. It was now spring and the top was a short-sleeved white blouse and a checkered black-purple tie with a deep indigo blazer, together with a black skirt with a white line complementing its frills. Normal student wear at SM High. 

Bi An hurried down the long pathway and headed to the office. She elevated her gaze from the floor to the person-in-charge, finding herself staring at a very frustrated and cold-looking staff worker. Unconsciously, she bit her lower lip and found herself being dumbfounded for words. The guy behind the counter grumbled under his breath but still went on to do his work upon seeing the nametag on her uniform. The printer started beeping and paper after paper began piling on its tray. Bi An had her eyes fixated on it and she could have stared a hole through it have it not been for the staff who waved the stapled prints in front of her face. 

Startled by the sudden movement, she flinched and stumbled backwards, colliding into someone behind her. “Be careful there!” Someone nagged and she quickly snatched the stack from the staff’s hand before bowing a little and muttering a silent sorry, leaving the office altogether. As the automatic glass doors closed, she could hear the person in there shouting at the person behind the counter friendlily, “Hey! Kris! How are you from gaming session yesterday? Still upset over someone calling you a noob?” 

If the other said anything else, it wasn’t heard as Bi An made her way up to the classroom. 

Its been a whole since I had any social interactions. She clicked her tongue, it already feels like the start of an impending doom. It doesn't matter anyways. Not like I'm gonna be talking to anyone soon. 

Bi An had not always been bad around people. When her father was still around, her mother was a very pleasant person and the three of them were a happy family to be proud of. However, that reality shattered after her father ran off with another woman and cheated on her poor mother, who resorted to drinking as a pain reliever. Since that day during the second year of middle school, where it was a havoc of a drunkard mom and fatherless misery, she changed from a smiling, happy girl to a quiet unsociable one. It didn't help that her 'close' friends suddenly started leaving her after hearing bad rumours about her family. 

Her mom resented the house they were staying in, so they moved to the central of Seoul and Bi An transferred to a middle school there all of a sudden. She transferred from a top school to a below-average school and some of the actions that students did scarred her. Bi An didn’t dare nor wanted to go near them but the fact was that she was a middle schooler that transferred out of nowhere and she became the centre of attention. 

The first day was the worst. Everyone would be whispering about the new girl and how quiet and unbearably unsociable she was to be around. 

No one knew her situation. They didn’t have the right to criticize her like that. But she didn’t vocalize her thoughts, instead, she ignored and blocked them out, concentrating on lessons and making no friends as she went straight home every day. The worst thing was, the students at the top of the heirarchy in the school caught an interest in her. It didn’t help that they were in the same class nor the fact that they whenever they were bored. She couldn’t stand their antics and to her humiliation, cried once in their sight, to which she swore never to drop another tear ever again. 

However, that’s all in the past now. Let’s make SM High a better environment than that middle school, shall we? Bi An. 

She entered the classroom quietly, and all the students were already in their seats, waiting for the teacher to come in. It was expected of a prestigious school after all. Only the best of the best were here. She was feeling a little better already. See? Not every school is like that. That was only an exception. Looks like my high school life could potentially be smooth-sailing. She walked to the back when she saw an empty seat and dragged the chair out quietly, only to be stopped by a boy seating at the far end of the seats. He had tanned skin and an air of innocence around him, yet he didn’t looked the part if one just saw his appearance. 

Because if they did, he would just look outright y

“Um…I’m sorry but the whole of the back row is already taken. Sorry to bother you,” He scratched his head awkwardly and Bi An shook her head lightly and bowed slightly to acknowledge his statement. She took a seat right in front of the seat she was going to take just now. Looking around, she could only see some girls staring at her in envy. But in any other case, she was safe, out of mind, out of everyone's attention, and that was all that mattered.

 


MarioNe's note:
She meets her potential love interest. huehuehue. thanks for subbing and comments are appreciated. //stares deep into your soul