Macchiato

Our love is true (oneshot collection)

 

In middle of the busy streets of Seoul there is a peaceful café called Inspiration. It’s a small café filled with blue chairs, white tables and dark blue pillows. The walls were painted blue, two dark, and two light. The ceiling was dark blue, filled with small lights that resembled stars. It wasn’t a much known café, but there were costumers, nice ones actually. They came to taste the delicious cakes and desserts, drowning them together with a cup of cappuccino or latte. It was a place where you could think and relax, not getting bothered by the rest of the world. Seyong, the red haired waiter, had always loved the place. He was in his twenties, a reason why many ladies came to buy something small from the café. He himself didn’t think he was that good looking but still smiled warmly at every costumer, even those who were on a bad mood.

It was a regular evening in the café. Not many costumers visited anymore at that time of the clock, still his boss Gunwoo wanted him to keep it open. He didn’t complain thought; it was his only escape from the outer world. He looked at the clock on the wall as the pointer took a step to right. A smile crept onto his lips as he played with his cup of cappuccino. He brought the porcelain cup to his lower lip and sipped carefully. Warmth filled his body as the creamy milk went down into his stomach. A cling was heard as the door opened up, a small boy stepping inside from the cold autumn air. He had wrapped a grey scarf around his neck and a black coat around his small body. He ruffled his dark hair, making some leaf fall down from the silky tresses. He walked up to the counter and smiled at Seyong charmingly.

“Hi. I would like to have a coffee.” he said, his voice slightly trembling. Seyong felt how his feet were about to give under him, the boy was simply adorable. He nodded slightly. “Want a normal black coffee or a special one?” he asked, his smiled showing his pearly teethes. The boy looked slightly confused. “What is a special coffee?” the boy asked. Seyong could swear that he saw the boy slightly blushing. He chuckled and placed his hands flat onto the counter.

“A special coffee is a coffee with more feeling and taste in it. Latte is filled with creamy milk while Espresso con Panna is espresso with whipped cream on top of it. There are a lot of different special coffees.” he explained. The boy watched as he explained many different coffees with passion and a shine in his eyes.

“I want to taste something sweet.” he said, playing with his fingers. Seyong thought about it a while before he snapped his fingers. “What about Caffé Mocha? It has chocolate at the bottom, espresso and steamed milk in the middle and whipped cream on top of it, along with chocolate sauce.”

The boy nodded his head excitedly before Seyong began to make the hot drink. He wanted it to be filled with feelings and warmth so that the boy would love it. He poured the chocolate sauce on top of the whipped cream, carefully forming it into circles. He put the glass on a plate and added a small chocolate and a spoon beside it. “Here you go.” he handed the drink to the boy with a big smile on his face. The boy thanked and paid before walking over to a table near the window that had a view of a beautiful park.

Seyong sighed as he decided it was time to start cleaning up. He lifted up some dirty dishes and placed them inside of the dishwasher in the other room. He took a cloth and wiped all the surfaces inside the counter; every single shelf filled with different styled glasses and flavor syrups, cupboards that kept the many different kinds of chocolates and candies, and the glass cabinets that had cakes, smoothies, cupcakes, pies and breads in frigid. A small cough startled him. He looked up to see that same boy looking at him with a big smile on his lips.

“Thank you, it was delicious.” the boy thanked and bowed slightly. Seyong chuckled as he waved his hand. “It’s not a big deal, it was fun to make.”

“Um…” the boy looked nervous suddenly. “Could you sometime teach me how to make different coffees?” he asked, hope shining in his eyes. Seyong’s heart jumped in his ribcage. “O-of course. I’m Seyong.” he stuttered and reached his hand towards the other one. The boy gladly shook it. “Chaejin.”

---

Seyong sighed as he leaned his head on the counter’s surface. It had been a week since he met Chaejin and that boy didn’t even once come to the café. Seyong found himself staring at the door, hoping that the cute boy would step inside. He shook his head to think about something else, but his thoughts always wandered to Chaejin’s smile; how his pink lips curved upwards, how his eyes became small half-moons. A sigh escaped his lips once again before he grabbed the white cloth and started wiping the counter. Gunwoo had once again given him the swing shift. He kind of liked it thought. It was more peaceful than at the days and it was already dark outside. A cling woke him up from his thoughts as he looked up to see the same boy that he had missed for many days already. A smile crept onto his lips. “Hey.”

Chaejin pulled his scarf down from his face and smiled at the waiter. “Hello.” He held his bag that was filled more than it should, making his shoulder red and painful.

“Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for you.” Seyong joked, earning a guilty look from the other one. Chaejin sighed as he looked down. “I’m sorry. I’ve been busy with school now that I have my exams coming up.” Seyong felt guilty. Why didn’t he think that a boy in a school uniform would have been busy due to school?

He changed the subject. “So… What do you want to learn today?” he asked. Chaejin thought about it a little before he answered. “Latte.”

He left his coat, scarf and bag in the changing room and put an apron. He walked up to Seyong who stood in front of the coffee maker.

“Firstly we take a tall cup and place it under the machine. You press here so that there will come espresso. Under that time when the espresso drips into the cup, we steam the milk in here.” he explained and demonstrated every single thing to Chaejin. He got to try how to steam the milk creamily as well as pouring it into the espresso.

“That’s exactly how you do it. Now shake your wrist a bit and slide it slowly forward to create a figure.” Seyong guided. “Like this?” Chaejin asked as he carefully slid the milk. He frowned when there wasn’t any figure like he hoped that there would be.

Seyong bit his lip slightly. “Not quite right. Try again.” And Chaejin tried again once, twice, trice, still not succeeding.  

“It’s not working!” he yelled as he literally pulled his hair out of his head. Luckily they were the only ones in the café. Seyong shook his head and pressed the button so that espresso would drip into a new cup.

“Calm down and come here.” Chaejin did as he was told to and took the milk can into his hands. Seyong stepped behind him and wrapped his arms around the smaller ones. He pressed the button and started to slowly sway the can to the left.

“You have to create a swing into the milk so that it would go slowly around and around in the can. Like this there shouldn’t be any air bubbles.” As the machine stopped they brought the can to the cup that was filled with steaming espresso.

“Now you pour it slowly into the cup until three quarters of it is filled. Then shake your wrists slightly.” His hands on Chaejin’s carefully shook from side to side. “And then slide it forward to create something.” Their hands went forward, creating a cute, creamy heart into the golden espresso. Chaejin’s face lit up as he realized what they had created. “See? Easy, right?” Seyong asked. Chaejin turned around and froze as he realized how close they were. Seyong’s breath hit his face, noses almost touching, bodies pressed together. He felt how blush rushed onto his face, his cheeks began feel hot. Seyong stared at him, eyes locked. He stepped back, awkwardly rubbing his neck while mumbling an apology.

“Taste it.” Seyong said before Chaejin took the cup into his petite hands. He brought the cup slowly to his lips and sipped carefully. Warmth filled him. “It’s delicious!” he beamed. Seyong chuckled. “I’m happy you like it.”

---

Under the week, Chaejin had visited the café more often than Seyong could have thought. Every evening he came in the same time, always wanting to learn something new. They had talked and got to know each other better and better. Seyong could feel butterflies in his stomach every time the other one was close to him. Chaejin was a fast learner which made Seyong’s job easier.

“I want to learn how to make Chai Latte!” Chaejin announced as he tied the apron around his small waist. Seyong chuckled as he reached for a high glass.

“It’s really simple” He took a glass bottle from the shelf upon the coffee maker. “You pour two centiliters of Chai-flavor syrup into the measure and then into the glass.” He poured the dark liquid into the glass before walking over to pour some milk into the can and steaming it. “You steam some milk and then you pour it into the glass.”

He handed the glass to Chaejin who stared at it. “It’s that simple?” he asked. Seyong nodded as he placed the glass into the younger’s hands. “Taste it.”

Chaejin sipped and a familiar, warm flavor filled his mind. A big smile formed onto his lips as he swallowed. “Which holiday?” Seyong asked.

“Christmas!” Chaejin beamed. “It really tastes like Christmas.”

---

“Want to learn how to make Macchiato today?” Seyong asked as he took a high cup from the counter. Chaejin stepped closer to him. “You pour espresso into the cup.” He pressed the button as he felt how Chaejin’s eyes looked at his movements intensively. He brought the now filled cup onto the steel counter and opened one cupboard before taking a can outside. “Then you pour whipped cream onto it in circle-moves.” he said and filled the top of the cup with some white cream. “Then if it is wanted, you can put some chocolate smithereens on top of it to make it look cute. Here you go.” Seyong handed the cup to Chaejin with a bit smile on his lips.

The younger one tasted it, a mix of sweetness and bitterness filling his mouth. “It’s good.” he said and played with the cup. Seyong stared at the corner of his lips that had some cream on it. “You have some cream in here.” He stepped closer as he reached over to wipe it off with his thumb. Chaejin’s breath stopped in his throat as he froze, butterflies flying in his stomach, his heart razing harder, all because of one simple touch. Seyong stopped what he did as he stared at the close view of Chaejin’s face. He moved his head closer, pressing his lips onto the other ones softly. He pulled away; slightly disappointed that he didn’t get any response. “I-I’m sorry…” he mumbled as he started to walk away from the other one, only to be pulled back.

Soft lips were pressed against his, an innocent kiss was shared. Seyong smiled into the kiss as his hands sneaked around Chaejin’s waist. As they pulled away to breath, they stared into each other’s eyes.

“I-I think I’m falling in love with you.” Chaejin stuttered.

Seyong smiled. “I love you too.” He kissed those soft lips again, tasting cream and cappuccino mixed with sweet vanilla.


So I'm back with this oneshot, sorry for taking so long ^^' I've actually been out of ideas for oneshots and I've been writing my chaptered story about B.A.P... Anyway this story is kind of true you see I was working at a café for one week and a guy that worked there teached me how to make different coffees and he was really good looking too! But he's too old for me so there wasn't any romance between us, besides I already have a guy I like a lot. Hope you liked it! :)