What The Pain Can Give You

Our love is true (oneshot collection)

When the pain becomes too much, what happens? What happens when you are too depressed to continue your path? How did you end up that way? What exactly happened? When did it happen? Does anyone even remember how it all begun? Does somebody even care? Everyone has chosen their own sides in this thing, most of them chose not to care. Nobody cared about that Seyong was depressed. He was depressed enough to commit a suicide. But something held him alive. He didn’t know what it was, but he just couldn’t. Yes, he had cut himself once in a while, even hit himself, but nothing more than that. He was thinking every day if he walked to a bridge and jumped, would anyone be there to stop him or even to cry. Would anyone tell his classmates that he was gone? Would anyone miss him? That was one of the mysteries of his life. He had always been shy, because of his father. Let’s short the story a little. His father had mental problems and always hit his mom. One evening when Seyong was seven years old his parents had a big fight. His father had enough and ended their relationship by stabbing his wife in the chest, right in her heart. And Seyong saw everything. He was hiding under the stairs, lucky enough that his father didn’t see him too. Since his father had an alcohol-problem too, it wasn’t a surprise that he was drunk.

A sigh escaped from his lips. He thought about his life again thought the whole night, not getting a blink of sleep. He didn’t want to crawl in the despair. It was all just fear. He didn’t want to continue like this, but he didn’t know any other ways to live. His father was in prison and he was alone. The thought about that his father was going to be free in years that went by was haunting him. He was scared that the man who brought him to life would find him and give him the same future as his mother got.

He sat in his bed. Why did he have to go through that much pain? He groaned in frustration and hit his head back into his pillow. The sun peeked through his Venetian blinds. It was too late to try to fall asleep anymore. He sat back up, ruffling his hair. His slim fingers went through his red, silky locks. Life is a female dog, and you have to be ready to train it. But what if you aren’t ready for it yet? Will you ever be?

Seyong stood up, trying to adjust to the cold floor. He made his way to the bathroom. He stripped off his pajamas and opened the showers door. He the water, letting the warm liquid reach his feet. It felt like heaven, to feel clean. The feeling that came when he knew that even for a second he wouldn’t be filthy was wonderful.

He made himself ready to face the outer world. Stepping outside, he breathed in the scent of spring. Spring that is like a crush – it comes suddenly, it makes one happy and is full of hope.

A sigh escaped his lips again. He had eight hours of school in front of him. It wasn’t his choice to study, but since he knew that his mother wanted him to have a good life and that he would be something great when he grew up, he made his best to be the best of the best in every subject. He hated the fact that kids nowadays don’t respect their parents anymore. When they would scream and make a big deal of everything – like if their parents asked if they had ate yet, they would start to rage their heads off. Sometimes persons like them needed a high five, in the face, with a chair. Seyong would have done anything to have a family that would love and take care of him, there was no way he could ever understand what was wrong with those kids.

He arrived to his university. The once nice guys have turned into bullies and the girls who were innocent have turned into cheap female dogs. Where was this world going? People should open their eyes and look around, to see what has happened while they had walked blindly.

He walked passed a group of girls, only to feel pairs of eyes on him, whispering and giggling to each other. If they only knew what he thought about them.  Sure many other guys would like the attention he got from girls because of his looks, but he didn’t care. He knew how those girls were – only searching for a heart to break, not looking for anything serious. His face stayed as cold as always as he made his way to the classroom.

The day passed slowly. Every now and then he would take a look of how much the clock on the wall was, only to sigh in disappointment and turn his eyes back to the view outside the window. The school day had also become longer because of some students who didn’t have manners, making the whole class stay ‘till ten pm. Oh how he wished he could go down with the sun. Seyong walked his normal way back home relaxed. He wasn’t scared of the dark, or for rapists. He had enough muscles to save himself in need. But someone wasn’t as lucky as he was. In middle of his way he heard someone groin in pain, yelling to someone to stop. Seyong didn’t think. His feet just dragged him to the street where the voices came from. He saw a body on the ground, having another on top. The body under screamed and tried to shake the other one away from him, without any luck. Seyong walked closer and lifter up the head of the one on top. A fist landed on the rapists face. The boy under him took this opportunity and ran behind a corner. Seyong threw another fist and kicked the old, drunken man, until he was unconscious. He dusted himself up a little, took his backpack and started walking back home.

He felt a hand on his arm. It was the boy who was about to get . Black, silky hair framed his face with few bruises here and there. His dark brown orbs glowed in the streetlight.

“Thank you.” his voice sounded like a melody. The boy was perfect, as if he was an angel. He was shaking from fear. His long hair had some red in it.

“N-no problem.” Seyong stuttered. “Are you okay?” Words escaped his mouth. He didn’t even know this boy, yet he felt an urge to take care of him. The boy nodded, giving out his hand.

“I’m Chaejin. I can’t tell you by words how grateful I am for you who saved my life.” He flashed a smile that was innocent, pure and beautiful at the same time. Those smiles are rare.

“It’s not a big deal but are you bleeding?” Seyong asked as he touched the boys raven black hair. The red liquid transferred from the silky curl to his fingers. Chaejin looked at his hand curiously, slowly starting to panic.

“Let me take care of you.” Seyong said and took the others hand. Jogging they made their way to Seyong’s apartment. Chaejin sat down on the couch as the red-haired cleaned the wound with a towel and then sanitized it.

“It’s just a scratch, so it isn’t that serious.” Seyong said while keeping his focus on the wound.

“T-thank you.” the smaller boys stuttered. He was blushing and not knowing what to do next. He knew that he should do something to thank the boy better, but he didn’t have any idea how. He looked around the apartment, only to find emptiness and few picture frames of a little boy with a woman.

“How can I thank you enough?” he asked, letting his eyes focus on the boy next to him. His eyes wandered from the flame-red hair to his flawless skin, to the eyes full of life, to the sharp nose and to the plump lips that curved up into a smile. A beautiful smile that could make anyone stop and stare with happiness flowing inside them.

“I told you it’s not a big deal.” A weird feeling flowed inside Seyong. It was as if his heart was running a marathon, making the rest of his body feel warmer and tingle.

“So umm…. tell me about yourself.” Chaejin said shyly, looking at the ground. His cheeks had a bright pink color.

“Well… My name is Kim Seyong, I am studying in the university here close, I’m born in November and I’m living alone.” the red-head babbled. As Chaejin looked at his feet’s, he could hear Seyong’s voice clearly, noticing a pinch of mystery and sorrow between the words. When the other one kept his mouth shut, Chaejin noticed that it was his turn to tell about himself.

“I-I’m in high school, born in the late December, and my favorite fruit is watermelon.”

“Do you have a family to go to?” Seyong asked, making the younger one look at him with sorrow in his eyes.

“I have but they live far away. When I decided that I want to study in this school, I had to leave my family behind me. So I live alone, too.” Tears started to roll down on his cheeks. He missed his family even thought he fought the feeling of missing with all his powers. He felt muscular arms around his small body. He hugged Seyong back, crying onto his shoulder. Even thought they met just about an hour ago, it felt as if they had knew each other for years. To be in Seyong’s arms felt secure and understanding. It felt as if he knew how it felt to be in distance from his own family. Seyong felt how his shirt became wet, slowly but surely. This kid had a lot of missing in his heart, yet he didn’t yet know how it felt to lose his family completely.

It didn’t take long until Chaejin had fell asleep in Seyong’s arms. The older one laid him down on the couch, making sure that there was a pillow under his head. He covered that small, bruised body with a blanket. He watched the sleeping figure, his black hair a little. Tears had stained that beautiful face, leaving traces on his cheeks. It’s almost insane that that beautiful creature had cried that hard. Seyong stood up and made his way to the doorframe, turning all the lights off as quiet as possible. He brushed his teethes in the bathroom and went to sleep.

For the first time in a while Seyong got to sleep without waking up in middle of the night or without nightmares. Maybe it was because he finally found someone he cared of. He got out of the bed to the bathroom to make his morning routine. He wanted to see the younger boy before he had to go to school. Besides he had came up an idea that he wanted the other one to know.

Chaejin opened his eyes. The sunshine greeted him from the window. This day was starting well. He looked around himself, remembering what happened last night. He made a note for himself to thank Seyong for everything. The raven-black haired boy sat up on the couch and stretched. He saw Seyong come from a door to the living room with damp hair and a towel hanging on his neck. He was wearing pajama pants and a wife-beater, yet looking y.

“Good morning sleepyhead. Want to take a shower?” the older one said while drying his red hair with the piece of clothing. The sight made Chaejin blush. He nodded shyly.

“There’s a towel waiting in the bathroom.” Seyong smiled and pointed to the room that he came from. Chaejin stood up and made his way to the room. He sighed deeply, looking at his own reflection from the mirror. His cheeks were bright pink and butterflies had a marathon inside his stomach. He took off his school-uniform and stepped into the shower, opening the water. The warm liquid hit his milky skin, earning a little moan. He let his fingers wander on his slightly curly hair.

Seyong had a feeling that Chaejin was someone special to him already after one night. He had an urge to take care of the younger one. So he decided to make him breakfast. Sure it wasn’t much to make an omelet but he didn’t really have anything else to give. After all he was still studying so he didn’t have so much time to work, to earn money. Luckily he did have the money he got when his father went to jail. It was enough for him to study, to have an apartment and to have food for years. He had to admit that he was a master of making omelets. When Chaejin came with wet hair in his uniform to the kitchen was the food ready. His eyes sparkled because of the sight.

“Hyung… Thanks you!” Chaejin hugged the older one. Seyong froze at the sudden contact. He put his arms around the small ones waist, pulling him even closer.

“Chaejin-ah I got an idea last night. Since we both live alone, would you like to move in with me?” Seyong blurted out. He regretted immediately. They just met last night, there would be no way that a high school student would move in with a stranger.

“Sure hyung! I would love to!”

A month passed since Chaejin moved in with Seyong. They learned fast how to live together.

“Hyung!” Chaejin ran to the older one who waited at his high school’s gates. “I got an A!” he hugged the red-haired.

“Congratulations!” Seyong said as he spun around with the smaller one in his arms. His heart was racing again and he could feel heat rushing up to his face. He put Chaejin on his two feet again as they walked back home while the younger one talked about technically everything that happened during the day.

“Hyung come here.” Chaejin called out to the boy in the kitchen. Seyong walked to the couch to the younger one. Chaejin pointed at the television, where a drama was playing.

“You watch this kind of stuff?” Seyong raised an eyebrow. On the drama was a couple who was in front of a fountain, hugging each other with lips touching.

“How does it feel to do that?” Chaejin asked, still pointing at the monitor. Seyong froze at his question.

“Y-you mean that you haven’t had your first kiss yet?” Chaejin nodded his head, blushing a little from embarrassment. “Want me to show you how to do it?” Seyong asked. His eyes were round like golf-balls. Chaejin nodded again, eyes locked down on his feet. A smirk spread on Seyong’s face. He came closer to the black-haired. He went slowly forward until their noses were almost touching. Then he locked their lips together. The kiss was sweet and pure, full of feelings. Even thought it didn’t last long, it was still filled with meaning. When they pulled away, Chaejin had a big smile on his face.

“Hyung I love you.” his voice came out as a whisper.

“I love you too.” Seyong said and captured the younger ones lips once more, this time more passionately. They didn’t see fireworks while they kissed. They were technically walking on the air.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TAKE THAT WRITER'S BLOCK! Yeaah iheartchicken is back! :D Guess who found the code to her writing-program? :D So yeah I wrote the beginning to this story in December but since I needed that code I couldn't continue it and yeaah... You know what I mean :D

Guess what? I have had romance in my life again :D So yeah I thought about this guy while I wrote the ending to this, since it was pretty sweet :D

AND this ended up being my longest Sejin-oneshot! :D YAY!

Word amount: 2 612