Under The Mistletoe

Our love is true (oneshot collection)

It was December. Christmas was knocking on the door. MYNAME’s members had been busier than in a long time. They were going to spend their first Christmas together. They had bought secretly each other Christmas presents and prepared everything for their little party.

It was already Christmas Eve. The radios played Christmas carols non-stop. Insoo, as the mother of the group, had spent the morning in the kitchen, preparing traditional food that s would be eating later that evening, while Gunwoo and JoonQ had brought a Christmas tree inside the small apartment. Chaejin and Seyong had cleaned and decorated every room they were able to. The red-haired young man had got a mistletoe from somewhere. Smirking he had set up the piece of plant, planning on something inside his head. This made the maknae to wonder what he was doing.

What the red-head didn’t know was that the youngest had a huge crush on him. Sure, others saw it since he was always blushing when he was close to the older one, but he never had willpower to tell the other one. Eventually he had promised himself to confess before the year changes, but he is new to this kind of things.

“Yah Chaejin-ah do I look pretty with this on?” the red-haired had put on himself a fluffy Christmas hat

“You look stupid.” The older chuckled to his comment. That laugh got Chaejin to blush a little. That laugh that sounded like melody to his ears. Because of that laugh, he wanted so badly to kiss him. But that would be risky. Instead he just hit him on the arm. Thought that isn’t what he wanted. He had prayed every night from the stars that there would be even a small chance that the red-haired would like him, in the same way as he felt for him. He didn’t care about Christmas presents, his only wish was to get the older one to be his, only his.

“Chaejin, are you ok? You seem to be in your thoughts a lot lately.” Seyong asked, wondering why the black-haired stared on just one point, without emotion.

“Huh? Yeah I’m fine.” Chaejin turned around, not wanting to face his hyung.

Once in a while they changed glances while decorating. Chaejin tried to put the star on top of the Christmas tree, but he’s too short. The red-haired chuckled at his dongsaeng. He lifted the black-haired carefully, holding his hands on his thin waist.

Chaejin was a little shocked of the sudden contact, but still fasten the golden star. He didn’t want this moment to end, to have the older one hold on to him was something rare to happen when the cameras weren’t there. Seyong put him down, ending their small moment. But he wasn’t going to let it go. They stood there in front of their Christmas tree, the older one hugging Chaejin from the back. The maknae’s mind was blank, the thought refusing to do something. Seyong took this chance to breath in the scent of the younger one.

When the red-haired didn’t show any signs of letting go, he started to relax. What if the stars had finally answered to him? Maybe he had a small chance.

“Can we stay like this for a while? I’m tired.” Seyong lied. Actually he had had this feeling inside him for a long time already. Always when he saw Chaejin smile, was close to him and talked with him, he felt happy, as if there was nothing to worry about. He was afraid to show it to the maknae. He was afraid that this person that made him feel so special would think that he’s a weirdo and refuse to look at him. He had this wish. He wished for a Christmas without hurry, just relax and take it slow, spend it together with Chaejin, reading magazines and going out to watch when the clear white snow would fall on the ground.

Chaejin could feel his cheeks getting warmer, but still agreed. He had missed the warm of the other one. Even thought it was only a few hours before when their hands accidently touched. He had often thought about going back home, to his parents. He was exhausted and didn’t always have motivation to study and perform. Sometimes he even didn’t want to sleep or eat. He just wanted to sit down and think about his future, about his family and friends, and about his first love. Still he stayed. Because of this person who was next to him. He often wondered if Seyong would miss him if he left. But he just simply couldn’t go away when he had someone who would listen to him and talk to him until he falls asleep. This is Seyong to him. Often when Chaejin couldn’t sleep because of his worries, his hyung had been there for him. Because of that he fell in love with this red-head.

“Can I ask something hyung?” He felt Seyong nod against his neck.

“Why did you hang a mistletoe?”

The older one looked at their surroundings with bigger eyes. He didn’t know the answer, he just felt like he should get something special this year.

‘Maybe I should confess now?’

“Chaejin I…” He was interrupted when they hears Gunwoo shout from the kitchen.

“It snows!”

Yes, it is normal in Korea that it snows. But this year the snow had come as rain more.

“Let’s go out!” Chaejin said with excitement. Seyong just stood there. He was actually about to confess and then suddenly it snows. He murmured something and walked after s.

It was quiet outside, as if they were the only persons alive. Chaejin and Insoo ran around, laughing and starting a snow fight. As JoonQ went along he could see few people, running to their own house with shopping bags in their hands. He heard laughter and bells ringing. He looked up and saw in one window an old man lighting up a candle with his grandchildren looking amazed next to him. Right at that moment, he decided that he would confess.

“Hyung watch out!” Chaejin screamed. A second later he felt something cold hit his face.

“Yah you little kids!” he yelled and ran after them.

 

An hour later they all came back inside. Chaejin and Seyong were soaking wet, since they had rolled on the ground doing snow angels.

“Come let’s go change clothes.” the red-haired took the maknae’s hand and took him to their shared room. His hand was cold, while his loves was warm. Yes he admits it now. He loves likes Chaejin.

After changing into dry clothes, the members of MYNAME gathered in the living room, in front of the beautiful, decorated Christmas tree.

Under the evening they had ate the meal Insoo made them, chanced presents and singed carols. They were watching a movie, where Donald Duck was spending his Christmas together with Daisy. Insoo had fallen asleep on JoonQ’s lap while Gunwoo had gone to shower.

“Hyung you never answered my question.” Chaejin spoke up. Seyong had forgotten the whole question. He smirked and took the younger ones hand.

“Come.” he said silently and took the black-haired under the mistletoe.

“The answer is simple. So that I could do this.” he kissed the maknae on the cheek.

Chaejin could feel the heat rush up to his face. Did his hyung just kiss him?

“Chaejin to be honest, I like you.” the red-haired looked away, blushing.

“You mean like like or like, like?” he was confused.

“You know what? I think I love you.”

His eyes became twice the size. Did his hyung just say that he loved him?

“What? Are you sure?” he couldn’t believe it. The older one just simply nodded, still looking away. He didn’t think it would be this hard. He felt pressure on his lips. He found his love of his life kissing him, on the lips. He closed his eyes and kissed him back. Is this real? He didn’t know if he was dreaming or not, but he would take all the joy out of it. He pulled away after a while.

“So the stars finally responded.” Chaejin said, hugging his hyung.

“What stars? What are you talking about?” he was confused.

“I had prayed from the stars that you would like me the same way as I like you.” a tear rolled down on the maknae’s cheek.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyong! ^^ This is iheartchicken. So I wrote a christmas chappie! ^^ Yay ^^ Actually I was going to publish this on the christmas eve but I got a new laptop as christmas present so I didn't have the chance to write it 'till the end in time. Well here it is, two days later. This ended up shorted than I planned :( Sorry<3 Merry Christmas everyone!

Amount of words: 1, 408