Chapter 3: Confusion

Hold My Hand

 

It was just another night. And the girl was taking a walk, again, looking at the moon. Disturbing this peace, someone grabbed her hair from the back. She knew right away who it was.

 

"How dare you run away from me! You think I would just let you go?"

 

She was scared.

 

"Dad, please," she begged her father.

 

His rough hand slapped her face hard and she fell to the ground.

 

As she was getting up, his voice rang

 

"Have you done anything about? Do you fight against that fear?"

 

Fight?

 

"You are going back with me! Don't you ever think about running away again!" he shouted as he forcefully grabbed her wrist.

 

She pulled away.

 

"I am not going back," she said with determination in her voice.

 

"What? You think you have a choice? Just be quiet and follow me before I beat you up!" he said as he got red in anger.

 

He grabbed her once again and dragged her along. But this time, she resisted hard, struggling to get away from him.

 

Although she wanted to deny, she wished to see that man. Her savior. It was nonsensical wish.

 

But it came true.

 

 "I think I warned you before."

 

It was his voice.

 

"Aish, this man again! You know this man? Did you sleep with him or something?"

 

At this insult at the girl, the mysterious gentleman threw a punch right on the old man's face. The man, a this powerful blow, lost balance and fell right to the ground.

 

"I will kill you if I have too. Now stay away from this girl," the gentleman sternly said.

 

Then he turned to the girl and said, "Come on, follow me."

 

She was confused, but she got up and followed after him.

 

After a hour of walking, with him in the front and her few steps behind him, they arrived in front of a huge house.

 

The guards opened the gate and she slowly walked in.

 

Fancy.

 

But her eyes were more on the mysterious gentleman than the grandness of the house.

 

"Auntie!" he called out.

 

"Prince Luhan! You are really late again tonight!" she scolded him, not seeing the girl behind him.

 

"Prince..? This is the palace... And he is the prince?" Joohyun thought.

 

"Auntie, can you take care of her? She needs a place to stay," he asked.

 

The lady looked at the girl and looked at the Prince confused.

 

"She didn't really understand what was going on, but she obeyed.

 

"I will."

 

"And take her to the empty room in my building."

 

"Yes"

 

After that, he left.

 

"Come on, let's go. What is your name?"

 

She remained silent.

 

"Well, let's give you a bath first."

 

 After a nice bath, she was taken to the room. It was a big, warm room with thick blanket. Before feeling excited for this, she was more uncomfortable. She was given a nice bath she has never had before, nice clothes, and food. But why?

 

"Are you in there?"

 

His voice.

 

But she didn't say anything.

 

"There's food if you need some. And if you need anything.."

 

Before he finished, she interrupted, "Why? Why do you give me things I do not deserve? You are the prince, but why do you care about me?"

 

There was a long pause between them.

 

"… Because I want to," he replied.

 

She didn't understand, but that seemed to be the truth.

 

"Call me if there's anything you need. My room is the room at the very end of the hall," he said.

 

Then his shadow disappeared. The girl didn't do anything but stared at the door where his shadow was.

 

The sun came up. And Luhan got up and made his way to the girl's room. In front of the room, he hesitated little bit.

 

"Hey, are you awake?" he softly asked.

 

There wasn't any reply. Well, the girl almost never replied to him, so it wasn't odd.

 

"There's breakfast. Come out."

 

Another silence.

 

Now he thought it was weird.

 

He carefully opened the door. She wasn't there. The room was just the way it was before she came in. She disappeared. Again. 

 


 

Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting, and voting! Please continue to do so and I will bring better story! This is just getting started so I promise that it'll get better. Thank you everyone~