Chapter 1: Mysterious

Hold My Hand

 

Then the mysterious guy slowly walked up to the girl. She suddenly got scared and tried to get up. And his next action surprised her more than anything. He offered his hand to her. 

 

"Hold my hand."

 

She left that hand empty and ran away as fast as she could.

 

After running for a while, she saw that she got out of her town finally. Letting out a deep breath, she continued to walk slowly. Unknowingly, his warm voice still resonated with her.

 

She walked and walked. Now the sun was coming up, brightening up the area. Her feet were sore and her legs were aching. But she could hear the bustling sound of the city, so she didn't give up and continued to walk.

 

Now she is in the midst of a busy city. And she was lost. She didn't know where to go. She needed to find a place to work and to stay.

 

The place she came across was little an inn. There, she found a place to stay and work and a place to settle.

 

The owner lady didn't seem very pleased with this dirty girl coming in at first, but since she was hardworking, she eventually opened up. The girl spent days diligently working.

 

One day, she was coming home after some errand the owner asked her to do. It was night and she was exhausted from working all day. Then suddenly, out of no where, a familiar figure came up.

 

"You ran away all the day here, huh?"

 

Her eyes were filled with fear and her whole body trembled. As he came closer and closer, she felt threatened and she didn't want to have to go back to her previous life. So she ran. She ran as fast as she could.

 

She went through the forest so that her father would not find where she lives. After she got deeper in the forest, she hid her small body among the bushes, under the dark sky. She held her breath as she heard fast footsteps. Soon, she could no longer hear anymore footsteps. She could finally breathe, but she was too scared to move at all. For hours, she just sat there until she felt it was safe enough to return home. Her legs were tired from staying in one position for a long time. She slowly moved her way out of the forest. As she walked downed the road with wobbly legs, she easily tripped and fell. She let out a sigh, frustrated and worried. Then she heard footsteps approaching her. Scared, she quickly looked up. And… it wasn't the person she expected. Apparently, a man of higher status. His eyes met hers, and he seemed surprised too. The girl was somewhat relieved.

 

The man bent down to her eye level and asked, "Are you okay?"

 

It was like a dejavu. She remembered this voice. Sweet, warm voice.

 

It was the same man who saved her from her father the day she ran away. Surprised, she faced him and examined his face. Who is this man?

 

"Can you get up?" he asked again caringly.

 

"I'm fine," she plainly said and got up.

 

Before he could say anything, she walked pass by him. And he didn't stop her.

 

As she returned home, she thought about why he was so kind. And it was weird that they coincidentally met again. She was more suspicious of him than grateful. 

 


 

Thank you so much for subscribing, voting, and commenting! I hope you enjoy reading my story!