Chapter 4: Fate?

Hold My Hand

 

It was late night. The moon was full and bright. The girl just couldn't stand the feeling of being indebted to someone. His sweet voice, unusual kindness, and warmth were uncomfortable for her. She quietly sneaked out. When she left the palace, she quickly headed to the inn. She packed her stuff, and left that place, leaving a letter of apology to the owner lady.

 

She walked and walked under the hot sun and through the coldness of the night. Because she was warm with him, the night felt even colder. And she didn't have a place for her to rest. She stopped and crouched down and buried her head.

 

"Why do keep running away from me?"

 

It's him again.

 

She lifted her head up and saw his face right in front of hers.

 

"Why do you keep coming after me? How did you find me?" she asked.

 

He just smiled and stood up. Then he reached out his hand.

 

"If you grab my hand, I will take away your pain," he spoke with sincerity.

 

One side of her wanted to believe that his words were true. But the other side fought it.

 

"But you know nothing about my pain. You know nothing about me!" she screamed at him with teary eyes.

 

"Whoever you may be, I will embrace it. And I will make you who you were made to be," he said seriously.

 

She looked intently into his eyes, searching for truth. She couldn't find any hint of lie. But she told herself that she couldn’t trust him. She'll end up hurt. He has everything. He'll throw her away when he's bored.

 

"Stop," the girl told him.

 

He was taken aback by her reply.

 

"Please. Once you know me, you won't want me anymore," she said, looking down at the ground.

 

"Well, give me a chance to get to know you, then," he said with a small smile.

 

Maybe it was there where she just stopped fighting. Now she is back at the palace, in the same room.

 

"Did I make the right choice?" she wondered as she sighed.

 

She was given new clothes, new shoes, food, and everything she ever needed.

 

Knock knock

 

"Can I come in?" the Prince asked.

 

"Yes," she said.

 

"How are you?"

 

"I am good," she replied.

 

She couldn't look at him in the eyes.

 

"I am happy that you are good, Joohyun," he said with a smile.

 

"Joohyun.. He knows my name?" she thought.

 

"You.. know my name?"

 

"I do," he said, still smiling at her.

 

"How did you find out?"

 

"You told me. Don't you remember?"

 

She was confused. She didn't remember telling him her name.

 

"Well, it's fine. When it's time, you'll remember."

 

Then they stood in an awkward silence.

 

Prince Luhan spoke up, "Want to go for walk? There's a really pretty garden."

 

"Sure," she replied.

 

She thought it would be the best thing to do right now since they didn't have much to do except just remain still in silence. So they left the room and walked to the garden.

 

The dark road was lit by small flames and they could barely see the flowers. But the scent that filled the area and the girl's heart. It was a pleasant feeling that she hasn't felt for a long time. For a while, she was at peace. And they walked side by side in a comfortable silence.

 


 

I just want to thank you readers~ Please continue to support me by subscribing, commenting, and voting!