Chapter 15 : What's the truth?

Foul

The things you wanted to come back to what it is before, only made it worse. Loving it was not enough for them. But will you still love them even if they left you? Some may say no but for Jihoon, he still loves them. After a year, nothing has change. Since that day Jeonghan had left once again, Seungcheol brought back his grief. He can't imagine the worse outcome of it to Jisoo. Sometimes he thought maybe this was their destiny after all. Even though he does not believe in everything being destined but witnessing what happened around him, maybe it really does exist. Maybe Jeonghan and Jisoo are not meant to be lovers and just be perfect as bestfriends. Maybe he and Seungcheol are not meant to take their vow to love them with all of their hearts for he knows from the start he was not the one. They're not the one.

 

 

 

----------

 

 

Jihoon slowly opens his eyes early in the morning. He stands up tiredly and glanced at his side seeing nothing but an empty space. He automatically sighed heavily.

 

"As usual..." He whispered to himself.

 

He begins to wake up completely and goes down stairs. When he saw Seungcheol getting ready to leave, he can't help but feel hurt every time he sees the latter walking away without even glancing back at him.

 

"I'll go early" Seungcheol coldly said to him. That is the same words he always heard from him ever since Jeonghan left. He knows, even if Seungcheol didn't tell him, he is the one to blame why he left.

 

"Nothing's new about that Seungcheol" Jihoon said firmly. He had enough. It was enough being treated like a ghost.

 

Seungcheol just stared at him blankly that made a tear fall suddenly.

 

"You're right. This might be my fault but don't put it right into my face that you loved him more than me. That if he wasn't deeply in love with Jisoo, you will still push yourself to him. I played dumb Seungcheol all this years. I was so stupid to still love you." He lets out all the pain he keeps holding on all this time.

 

"So... it's okay to you that he's gone... again?" Seungcheol looks at him while holding on to his tears

 

Jihoon gasps "Do you think I'm that kind of person? huh Seungcheol?!"

 

"Stop making me think that you are Jihoon. Yeah I still love him but I love you more Jihoon. The problem with you is that all this time you are still thinking I love him more than you. Since he left again, that is the only thing you keep in mind where in fact it is not" Seungcheol explodes. This is the first time he witnessed the latter crying not in sadness, but rather with him.

 

"Then why-" Seungcheol cuts him off immediately

 

"Because he is a friend Jihoon. He is. It was hard to digest everyday that he left because of us. It was hurtful enough that he doesn't want to talk to us. Yeah we can take the blame to him, but can we?" He said not minding his tears pouring continuously out of his eyes

 

"I-" Jihoon can't even say a word. All this time, he was jealous to Jeonghan but it turns out that he was the one making it hard for himself every single day.

 

Seungcheol just wash out his tears and brought his things with him. Just when he was about to exit the house, He stops and turns his head to say something "Just so you know, I already found him few months ago. I tried to convince him to come back but it turns out that he doesn't want to anymore. I wanted to tell you so that you will stop finding him or if you don't, just ignore what I have said"

 

Jihoon cannot contain anymore and just collapse hardly on the floor.

 

 

---------

 

 

After an hour, He reached Jeonghan's house. His heart becomes heavy every single time he takes a step closer to the door. Each step, there is a tear that represents his feeling all this time. When he opens the door, he can't help but smile automatically seeing the old furniture around the hall way. His hands touch every single bit of it while his tears are staining all of it. When he reached the living room, he remembers something that lets his heart skip a beat.

 

 

Flashback

 

"Are you not used of me coming to your house every night?" He quickly went to the living room and opens the T.V

 

"Quite used to it. Anyway, what's this paper bag for?" Jeonghan said while holding the paper bag that was left in front of the door

 

"Just in case you wanted to starve yourself from death, I buy some food to eat. Let's share it. I'm kind of hungry waiting for you outside" Jihoon shouts from the living room

 

Jeonghan smiles a little and went straight to the kitchen to fix the food. Since it was already cook, Jeonghan just prepared some plate and water before bringing it into the living room

 

"Here you go" Jeonghan places in to the small table in front of Jihoon

 

"Thank you" Jihoon answered with cuteness that makes Jeonghan laugh a little

 

"Why are laughing?" He glared at him

 

"Nothing. I just thought you are still cute with that devil face" Jeonghan teases while taking some plate and puts some food in it.

 

While they are crying, Jihoon breaks the silence by asking "I saw Jisoo's car not far away from here. By any chance, have you seen him around your place?"

 

Jeonghan stops for a moment and just simply nods

 

"So ... Have you talked to each other?" Jihoon continued

 

Jeonghan nods again while focusing on the T.V. Jihoon was irritated and said "you will talk or you just gonna nod at me forever?"

 

"What will I have to say?" Jeonghan this time rolled his eyes and faces Jihoon

 

"Everything duh. It's not like you passed to him and said oh hello there Jisoo! How are you!" Jeonghan throws pillow on Jihoon's face when he imitates his voice

 

*end*

 

Jihoon can't help but laugh a little while tears are blocking his vision. He remembered how silly they were back those old days. How he wish Jeonghan is still Jeonghan, and him being him.

 

He slowly takes the stairs to go to Jeonghan's bedroom. As he opens the door, he moves towards the bed and slam his whole body all over it. As he takes a deep sigh, he slowly moves his fingers on the mattress reminiscing something

 

Flashback

 

"So let me guess, you are just laying again in your bed and sleeps. Am I right?" Jihoon said sarcastically

 

"Let me tell it to you again, why do you care?" He raises his eyebrow and went back to his bed not facing him

 

"Yah, our class will start tomorrow" Jihoon walks slowly on the couch and sits

 

"I didn't enrolled-"

 

"Already done that. You just need to start schooling tomorrow" Jeonghan quickly raised his half body and stares at Jihoon

 

"What did you just said?"

 

"I already registered you for the next term. I know you will never so I'm the one who do it- well my secretary was but it was my command" Jihoon said while playing on his phone

 

Jeonghan just rolled his eyes and gets back on the bed "I will not go to school"

 

"I'm not asking for your permission"

 

"Are you my mother now?!" Jeonghan said irritatedly

 

"I'm not that old to be considered as a mother yet. I'm just a concern citizen" Jihoon looks at him with a tease look

 

"Whatever. Stop annoying me! I don't need your concern!"

 

"You can't dictate what I wanted to do Jeonghan-ah. I will always remind you that I'm here to return a favor from you" He said seriously

 

"I don't need you to return it. Now, please leave me alone" Jeonghan points out the door with his finger

 

*end*

 

"You are one little brat back then Jeonghan" Jihoon said to himself while unconsciously hugging the bed. Without his notice, tears are starting to pour wetting the mattress. He doesn't know why but this time, his tears do not indicate how sad he was. After few minutes, he stands up from the bed and looks at the picture across the room containing Jeonghan's bright smile with dust all over it. He stands up and walls towards it. He carefully gets it and starts to rub away all the dust with the little movement of his fingers.

 

"Sorry pretty boy but I will not leave you alone. Ever" He smiles in every word.

 

"I know what I have to do"

 

 

---------

 

 

"Sir the sales are dropping every month" Jeonghan's secretary reports while the latter is sitting across his table with his hands massaging his forehead

 

"Its been a year like this" He whispers to himself

 

"Do you mind Sir if I ask, Are you still in good health? You're face looks even more tired today and all of us in the office noticed you're becoming thinner and thinner everyday Sir" His secretary respectfully lower his head

 

Jeonghan appreciate their concerns that is why he still tries to smile everyday when they see them one by one. After coming back here again, he got quite a shock knowing his company already shrinking. He cannot admit to his mother or even his father that he doesn't know what to do but he knows he has to do something. It breaks his heart seeing the people he worked for still stayed despite of having less salary to each and every one of them. Witnessing all of them give him strength to keep on fighting.

 

"I'm okay please don't worry. We can handle this crisis" He tries to cheer up the mode

 

"We know you can Sir" His secretary smiles to him but he can see through her eyes the pain

 

"I'll have to study the report last month. I'll call you if I needed something" He politely said while taking the folder from her

 

"Okay Sir" She bowed 90 degrees and exits his office

 

After she left the office, He can't help but sighs depressingly on his table. He firstly open the folder but same with his expectations, there's nothing new. It's always the same case yet he can't even solve it anymore. He starts to massage his forehead once again as he stares through the window. He get up from his seat and gets nearer to the view. He tried to relax witnessing the beauty of Japan but he doesn't see it like that ever since he came back. He sighs deeply before coming back to his table. Just when he was about to sit, someone entered his office

 

"Hey, how's your day?" The man greeted brightly followed by his secretary behind him

 

"Still the same, nothing new" He greeted back and tries to smile in front of them

 

"Oh, don't tell me-" He quickly cuts him off

 

"The sales last month decreased again" There's a hint of sadness in his voice

 

The latter just nods while moving closer to him "Sometimes it should happen once a while. You can overcome it"

 

"All of you keep on saying that" He somehow said in an irritated tone

 

"Because we know you can" The latter said back

 

Jeonghan just sighs and face the man in front of him "Have you ever thought about doing your best into something but it seems like something or someone is preventing you to succeed?"

 

Minhyuk quickly looks somewhere else and lets out an awkward laugh

 

"Haha maybe you're just imagining things" Shownu quickly looks at him

 

"I hope I am" Jeonghan speaks out

 

Minhyuk clears his throat as he slowly moves his arm around Jeonghan's shoulder "Everything will be alright"

 

Jeonghan just sighs and looks at him "Anyway, what brings you guys here?"

 

"Oh Shownu hyung, can you leave as a bit?" He requested. Shownu response right away and left the room.

 

"Why do you have to make him leave?" Jeonghan confusingly asked

 

"Ahm I was thinking to..." Minhyuk tries to sound as hesitant as possible and glads he succeed

 

"To?" Jeonghan asked confusingly

 

"To have a dinner with me tonight" He said while smiling brightly at the pretty boy next to him

 

Jeonghan looks at him with the same confusion as before "Why?"

 

"Well, I was thinking to discuss with you something-" Jeonghan cuts him off quickly

 

"About?"

 

"About some matters" The pretty boy just nods slowly while Minhyuk is wrapping his arm more closely to the latter. Jeonghan felt it that made him stand up and pretend to get the bottle of water across the room

 

Minhyuk just ignore it "So, is it a yes or no?"

 

Jeonghan thinks for awhile while gulping some water. After placing the bottle on the table, he looks at him "Is it important?"

 

"Yes" He quickly answered

 

Jeonghan ended up agreeing "Okay. What time?"

 

"I'll pick you up around 7pm. Is it okay?" Minhyuk asked

 

"Yeah" He said back

 

"Alright! So see you later okay?" Minhyuk stands up while fixing his coat

 

"Okay" Jeonghan escorts him to the door. Before Minhyuk leaves the door, He quickly pecks at his cheeks that made the latter shocked

 

 

"What was that for?"

 

 

---------

 

 

Minhyuk meets Shownu at the parking lot. Without saying a word, he quickly enters the car and looks at his secretary

 

"Everything's good for tonight?" He asked

 

"All set" Shownu replied. The latter just nods to him and signals him to start the car.

 

While driving, Shownu can't help but ask something to Minhyuk "Ahm sir"

 

Minhyuk just hums indicating he is listening

 

"About Mr. Yoon's business. Don't you think we can just let it go now? I mean it has been a year now he is struggling from it. To be honest, his strategies and all can paid to save his business but as we can see, we can back it out since we already know what will he do" Shownu honestly replied

 

Minhyuk just looks at him unimpressed "You know why am I doing this right?"

 

Shownu just sighs "Right but-"

 

"But as I can see now, you are pitying him, aren't you?" He said seriously

 

"It's not like that. I just can't get the point why are you still doing this to him. He is now here in Japan. No more distractions and foremost, no enemies who can separate you from him" Shownu said back

 

Minhyuk just rests his head on the back seat while looking dismay to the man in front "I need to make him mine. This is the only chance I could think of to get him, understand?"

 

Shownu was about to protest once again but he chooses to keep his mouth shut as he knows, he will never win to him. He just drives silently while his whole conscience unease.

 

 

---------

 

 

"Mom, Dad I'm home" Jeonghan stated while fixing his shoes on the entrance.

 

"Hey sweetheart, how's your day?" His mother greeted while making their dinner on the kitchen

 

"Nothing new" He half-lively answered

 

His mother hinted how exhausted his son is due to all the work. He is quite guilty knowing he can't do anything to help him in any cost. He just walks towards him and hugs him lightly "Let's call it a day. You can rest first on the living room together with your Dad"

 

"Okay mom but I'm afraid I could join you guys tonight for dinner" He said while moving to the living room and giving his father a tight hug

 

"Why?" His father asked while signaling him to sit beside him on the couch

 

"Minhyuk asked me to go have a dinner with him to discuss something important" He answered honestly

 

His father sighed that caught his attention "Is... Is there something wrong about it?"

 

"Nothing Honey. Something just bothering me about him" His father smiled while squishing his hand lightly

 

"And what is it?" He asked

 

"Is he... somehow... like you?" He was quite shocked hearing it. He was about to say no but then it hit him to think outside the box

 

"I... He is just a friend Dad" He answered hesitantly

 

"For you honey but... for him? I don't think so" His father moved straight to the point

 

"What do you mean Dad?"

 

"I... just forget about it" His father quickly smiled at him like nothing happens. He just sighs and lays in his father's shoulder to take some quick rest

 

"You seem tired" His father remarks

 

"but still alive and kicking" He said enthusiastically as possible for his father to not worry about anything

 

"You know, you can let it go" His father seriously said

 

He was shocked to hear that that made him look directly on his father "What?"

 

His father just gave him a warm tenderly smile while smoothing his cheeks "You have saved our business once. God knows how happy I am because of that but trying to save it for the second time may result to losing you and I don't want that to happen"

 

"Dad I still can. Trust me" He assures his father but his father knows he can't

 

Just when his father was about to say something, someone knocked through the door. His mother opens it and it turns out that it's Minhyuk

 

"Good evening Mrs. Yoon" Minhyuk greeted

 

"Evening Mr. Lee" His mother greeted back

 

"Is Jeonghan home?"

 

"Yeah let me call him"

 

Jeonghan! Mr. Lee is here!" She shouts across the hallway

 

Jeonghan heard it and quickly response "Coming!"

 

"I'll go now Dad. Take care. I'll be home quickly" He said his goodbye in his father and walks towards the door

 

"I'll be home later Mom"

 

"Okay sweety." His mother waves them goodbye as she stares to the car slowly fading away from his sight

 

 

----------

 

 

Not an hour, both of them reached their destination. Minhyuk assists Jeonghan to get out of the car. When Jeonghan see the site, he left his jaw hanging witnessing a beautiful place surrounding him. The garden is beautiful surrounded by cherry blossoms with lights matching it's color. The aisle's path was covered of petals with varying colors. The place was covered by a nice music of a violin. One thing crossed his mind. This wonderful place gives him a romantic feeling.

 

Slowly, Minhyuk moves besides him while smiling widely "Do you like it?"

 

"Well, It was... beautiful" He honestly admit

 

"I'm glad it turns out like that. Let's go before the dinner becomes cold" Minhyuk tooks his arm and guided him like a princess in the path

 

Jeonghan's feeling became unease as seconds passed by. He knows what this event will turn out later on. Minhyuk assists him on the center of the garden where there is the table with foods already put in places. He moves a chair for Jeonghan to sit. The latter thanked him while fixing his seat. He can't help but look at other direction as he can sense Minhyuk was looking at him directly

 

"Jeonghan, is everything alright?" Minhyuk asked sensing something is wrong

 

"Yeah. I was just... surprised" He admits

 

"Well I hope that's positive" The latter smiles "Let's eat. I know you're tired from work"

 

Jeonghan just nods. As night passed by, he can't eat properly. Something is bugging him while stealing some glances to Minhyuk.

 

After they take their dinner, Minhyuk asks him to dance

 

"It has been a long time I danced minhyuk" Jeonghan hesitates

 

"Come on, One dance will not give us harm" Minhyuk insisted that made him stands up and just followed the lead

 

Both of them are silent. No one seems to dare to talk first but Jeonghan was eager to talk things about him

 

"Minhyuk?" He started off

 

"Hmm?" The latter stated while holding the other's waist more possessively

 

It made Jeonghan unease that made him look at him directly to his eyes "W-what is this all about?"

 

Minhyuk just smiles at him. He slowly holds Jeonghan's hands while not breaking the eye contact.

 

"It has been a year now and..." He slowly moves a little farther from the pretty boy while getting something on his pocket

 

Jeonghan felt a lot nervous as he knows what will he say next "and?"

 

"I was hoping" He slowly takes out a diamond ring and looks at him dearly "Can you like me the way I like- no, love you?"

 

Jeonghan was speechless. He doesn't know what to say. He can feel his heart beats so fast but different this time. He can't explain the feeling but there is one thing he realized. His heart had been longing to someone else. That someone who he can't forget after a year now. That someone who consciously hurt him. That someone, he truly loves after all this years. He can't help but let a tear dropped realizing that person is still in his heart.

 

He closes his eyes. He imagined his face, his smile and the way he looks at him incase he had almost forget all of it. He smiles unconsciously but his smile fades witnessing a different person in front of him. His heart breaks but at the same time alive knowing his heart still beats towards that someone he will never forget to love.

 

He looks at him directly towards the latter's eyes. These are not the eyes his own eyes belongs to. He felt the latter's touch towards his hands. These are not the touches that have butterflies in his stomach. This man, in front of him, is not the man he loved and promised to love for the rest of his life. This is not the one who owns his heart.

 

Slowly, he lets go of Minhyuk's hand before putting the ring on his finger. He predicts the disappointment that the latter will give to him. There is no turning back.

 

"I'm sorry Minhyuk but this will not work for us. I wanted to tell you how thankful I am being your friend for almost two years already. I couldn't ask for more. But, I believe I can't return to you what you are feeling about me. I hope this will not affect the friendship we already build up. I'm sorry" He quickly dashed out to the garden leaving Minhyuk just following his path

 

Not a minute after, Shownu showed up and quickly moves towards Minhyuk "I can guess... It's not positive"

 

"ARGH!" Minhyuk yelled in anger as he throws the ring on the lake "THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!"

 

"It happened Minhyuk" Shownu silently remarks

 

He flips up the table and clearly destroys all that is prepared in the venue. Shownu moves to him and holds his shoulder putting him closely to him "Minhyuk, stop"

 

That is the time Minhyuk bursts into tears "Why... tell me, why? Why can't they chose me?"

 

Shownu closes his eyes and just pats the back of his friend. They stayed like than for an hour and waited for Minhyuk to recover crying. Once he lets go of Shownu's grip, his expression becomes dark.

 

"Let's go home" He said seriously

 

Shownu quickly shuts his mouth as he knows, something serious is going on.

 

During the ride, He just look at the mirror to see Minhyuk thinking something. He was off guard when the latter finally speaks

 

"Bring his company down" He stops immediately the car

 

"What?" He surprisingly asked

 

Minhyuk looks at him seriously "I said bring his company down!"

 

"You don't have to go this far Minhyuk! You know what he feels! It's time to let go!" He fights back

 

"I will not! I still want him Shownu!"

 

"Then what are you planning?! Shutting down his company so that he will beg to you?!" He said irritatingly.

 

He was shocked when Minhyuk just smirks and looks away "He will"

 

Shownu just sighs as a sign of defeat. He starts the engine once again and let Minhyuk plan what he wanted to do

 

"When you got the news, you will be mine. Let's see Jeonghan. Let's see"

 

 

 

---------

 

 

The other day, Jeonghan was startled when his mother was shouting across the kitchen while talking on the phone. He quickly went to it and was even more shocked seeing her crying.

 

"No! There must be another way!" His mother plead

 

His mother continues to talk to the phone and was looking stressed when the phone call had finally ended.

 

"Is something wrong Mom?" He worriedly asked

 

His mother just looks at him and quickly walks towards him bursting out her cries. She hugs him tightly while crying on his shoulder

 

"M-mom what's wrong?" He said while patting her back numerous time

 

"Our company..." She continues to sob "was shutting down today"

 

"What?!" He gasped. He quickly looks at her hinting for further answers "What do you mean shut down?!"

 

"Mr. Lee... he... he said he was trying to save it but the boards were firm to their decision. They wanted to shut down our company" His mother cries

 

"This is not happening. I'm going to him!" He quickly starts his engine and went to him

 

 

 

---------

 

 

"Let's have a bet Shownu. Within an hour, Jeonghan will be here" Minhyuk smirks

 

Shownu just sighs and hands him a folder "Is this the record?"

 

"Yes sir. All of the results from the past year" He answered

 

"We do not need it anymore though. His company was about to close" Minhyuk smiles at him devilishly

 

"For record purposes Sir" Shownu still answers casually

 

"Okay for formality. Let's go grab our lunch first before he will come" He said while leaving the folder on the table

 

 

---------

 

 

In less than an hour, Jeonghan reached Minhyuk's building. The personnels let him quickly since they know who is him. When he reached the office, A personnel talked to him

 

"Good Afternoon Mr. Yoon. Are you looking for Mr. Lee?" She asked

 

"Yes, is he there?" He answered back

 

"He went to grab a lunch with his secretary. If you want you can stay in his office to wait for him" She politely offered

 

"Thank you" He entered his office and looks around. He is looking at his watch from time to time to wait for his come back. He walks around the room to die his nervousness. When he reached his table, he was stumbled by a chair and lays hardly on the floor while some of the things in the table collapsed.

 

"Omo!" He quickly stands up to fix it ignoring the pain he was feeling in his foot

 

While fixing all the papers on the floor back to the table, one case file, who is beneath all other folders, caught his attention. It has a word "Yoon" in the expose part that made it prick his interest to get it. His eyes widen up when he sees his full name written on the file. When he opened it, he got lost.

 

"What is this?"

 

---------

I’m sorry for being inactive for like 2 months and so. I thought I can’t write anymore but then when we had a project of writing a story, I slowly write again J  Thank you for your patience with me. Theirs is no word that can describe how thankful I am for still reading this story *90 degrees bow*