The Min Yoon Gi Problem

Guy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a lazy day with the sun shining brightly through the windows and the wind blowing coolly and lightly. Yoo Shi Jin plopped down lightly on the couch beside his girlfriend, who was silently reading a novel in her hands, legs crossed.

Quietly, the man wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. Quite naturally, the woman snuggled closer to him whilst continuing to read her novel.

The two spent the next few minutes enjoying one another's company in comfortable silence, until the doctor's phone rang and broke through the silence.

Without glancing at the caller I.D, the woman sat up, closed her book, and answered her phone. "Hello?"

"Mo Yeon-ssi? Kang Mo Yeon?"

The woman stiffled a yawn. "Yes, whom am I talking to?"

"Heh..." The voice on the line was clearly smiling. "It's Min Yoon Gi...." He trailed. "Do you remember? We studied together during college?"

A bit startled, the star doctor sneaked a look at her sharped-eyed boyfriend, quickly turning away and speaking in a lower voice after realizing his watching eyes.

"Ah, yes....." She smiled nervously. "I remember. Is there something you need?"

Yoo Shi Jin frowned at her sudden change of attitude. He tapped her lightly on the shoulder. "Is there something wrong?" He whispered.

The woman turned towards him and immediately shook her head. "It's nothing, it's nothing...." She mumbled.

"I was just wondering if you'd like to catch up..." The man on the line began with a coy tone. "I've been wondering about you for a while now...."

"Ah..." She laughed nervously, sneaking another peak at the man watching her closely from behind. "Is that so?"

"Yeah, can you come out, now?"

"Uhm....I can't actually...." She said truthfully. 

The man on the other line smiled dejectedly. "Alright then....Just give me a call when you're free..."

"Mhmn..." The woman hummed in agreement, before quickly bidding her goodbye and dropping the call, abruptly re-opening her book and sitting herself stiffly beside her boyfriend.

The man gave her girlfriend an incredulous look before sitting them both up. "Who was that?" He asked catiously.

"No one." She said, eyes never leaving her book.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." She said, feigning annoyance as she turned to look at him. "Why do you keep asking?"

He furrowed his brow as he stared back at her. "You were on page 76 before the call came." He stated. "Now you're back to page 69."

The woman frowned and glared at him, inwardly hitting herself. "Aish...." She turned back to her book and stiffly sat beside him once more. "Just forget about it."

"Ani..." The man sat up, watching her move about beside him stiffly. "Who was it?"

The doctor sighed. "You're not going to let it go, are you?"

He simply grinned.

"Do you promise not to get mad?" She asked.

The man bit the insides of his cheek. "It depends. Just tell me."

She sighed once more, before answering carefully. "It was Yoon Gi-oppa..."

Yoo Shi Jin kept quiet with a stoic face.

The star doctor held his hand gently. "Shi Jin-ah...." She said quietly. "Don't let it get to you, he wanted to meet but I said 'no'."

The man looked away and clicked his tongue. "Ani," He said incredulously. "Did you think I would get jealous? Me?" He asked.

The woman returned his incredulous look and nodded at his envious tone.

"Go and call him." He said. "I'm a changed man, I don't get jealous as easily anymore." He pressed. "Go see him."

She frowned. "I don't want to." 

He shook his head, shoving her phone lightly towards her. "No, go ahead." He urged. "I'm not jealous and I'm not going to." He swore.

"Really?" She asked, a bit shocked.

He nodded.

"You look jealous, right now."

He clicked his tongue. "Aish! Just go and call him."

The woman smiled, finding him adorable. "Come with me, okay?"

"Why?" He rose a brow, lightly tapping his fingers on the arm rest.

"So that I can brag about you." She grinned, seeing him try to hide his growing smile. "Call?" She smiled brightly, stretching her fist for a fist bump.

He scoffed with a smile, meeting her fist with his in a fist bump. "Call."

The cafe was filled with chatter from the people that filled it. The couple walked in, taking in the crowded place. 

"Are you sure you don't want to sit with us?" 

He shook his head, taking his seat on the high stool. "I'll stay here." He said. "I'll be right over if he tries anything weird with you." He frowned, a bit spiteful.

She smiled. "Alright." She said, looking over the sea of people. "I see him over there. I'll go, now."

He nodded, watching her as she walked towards her sunbae's table. "Aish..." He shook his head, ordering a drink.

"Sunbae?" The star doctor called out quietly, slowly approaching the man from behind. "Min Yoon Gi-sunbae?"

The familiar voice made him turn almost immediately. "Kang Mo Yeon!" He smiled, getting up to greet her. "It's so nice to see you!"

Kang Mo Yeon stretched her hand readily for a handshake but was overcome with the man's sudden and unwelcomed embrace. Without even looking back, the young woman could feel the piercing glare that was headed their way.

The man pulled away, leading her to her seat. "It's been so long...." He smiled.

"Yeah...." She started off albeit awkwardly, trying to get comfortable at her seat opposite the man. "It's been a few years." She said, sneaking a peak at her boyfriend seated a few meters away from them.

Min Yoon Gi simply smiled, staring at her face, quietly.

Feeling uncomfortable under his stare, she indulged him in small talk. "How have you been, sunbae?"

"Well, I've been thinking about a few things..." He began slowly, watching her expression. "I saw you a lot on TV a few years back, then you disappeared..." He said. "I heard you led a group of medical volunteers in Uruk. Are you okay?"

For the first time since their meeting, the woman smiled a genuine smile. "I didn't volunteer. I was sent there forcefully by the hospital director." She said. "I went and I don't regret a single thing."

He remained silent for a while. "There was a video..." He began vaguely. "....Is it serious?"

Oblivious and a tad uninterested in what he was saying, she tilted her head. "Is what serious?"

"That guy." He began, reaching out to hold her hand. "I've become nostalgic and started missing you....Is there any way--"

SLAM

"No way." A familiar voice growled, slamming a half empty, plastic cup of coffee. "Kang Mo Yeon is in a very serious relationship." He glared.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter