First Times

Guy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Mo Yeon sat on the couch, knees to her chest, arms crossed, and head propped on her arms, as she glared blankly at the wall.

Yoo Shi Jin tried his best to keep himself from smiling in front of his annoyed girlfriend. "I can't believe you're sick." He deadpanned, still trying to keep his smile down.

The woman quickly turned her head and glared at him. "I'm not sick." She spat, voice nasal from her clogged nose. "I'm just feeling a bit under the weather." 

He rolled his eyes, setting the bowl of porridge down on the coffee table. "That's basically the same thing..." He said lowly, moving to sit next to her with her legs propped on his lap. "But a little worse seeing you haven't gone to work for three days, now..."

"I'm not sick!" She repeated, eyes glaring daggers at him. "And you should be ecstatic!" She scolded, hitting him lightly with a couch pillow. "We got to spend time together, uninterrupted."

The soldier sighed, clicked his tongue, and squinted at the woman across him. "This isn't spending time together." He said. "I'm taking care of you. It's different." He paused, before scoffing. "Shouldn't you be thankful?"

She grinned, moving to snuggle up next to him. "That's right." She smiled, closing her eyes as she wrapped her arms around his. "So, let's spend time together, now, okay?" She pulled away slightly to smile up at him. "Call?"

Shi Jin scoffed with a smile, before lightly kissing the tip of her red nose. "Call."

The two shared a warm smile, wrapped in each other's arms, before pulling away at the sound of the bell.

"Were you expecting anyone?" Shi Jin asked the doctor, before pulling away to answer the door.

The doctor simply shook her head and watched from her seat.

The soldier opened the door with a bemused expression. 

"Doctor Kang?" The caller asked over the large boquet in his arms.

"Who is it?" The woman asked.

Instead of answering her, Shi Jin studied the young lad with the boquet in his arms. "Why?" He asked catiously.

The young man smiled sheepishly shoving the boquet towards Shi Jin lightly. "Delivery." He said. "The hospital director asked me to deliver this to the doctor personally.

"You work at the hospital?" Shi Jin asked, blood boiling at the mention of the hospital director.

The young man simply nodded. "Can you give this to her?" He asked.

Yoo Shi Jin nodded grimly, taking the boquet from the young man and closing the door behind him.

Kang Mo Yeon stared blankly at the boquet of flowers in her boyfriend's hands. "From the hospital director?" She simply asked.

The man grunted, placing the boquet down on the coffee table. "Unfortunately." He said, sitting back down on the couch.

Ignorant of her boyfriend's current aura, the doctor reached out for the card stuck amongst the flowers. "That's so nice of him..." She thought aloud, reading the card. "'Get well soon, Doctor Kang. The hospital misses you greatly.'" She smiled, turning to her boyfriend. "Isn't this so nice of him?" She asked.

The soldier laughed mockingly. "You really don't think this is a bit out of line?" He asked. 

The woman gave him a blank stare. "What?"

"He just sent you flowers and regardless of what's written on that card--" He paused to click his tongue disapprovingly. "That man really doesn't know when to back down."

The doctor gave him a sly smile. "Don't give him such a hard time." She said teasingly. "It's not like I'll run to him." She smiled.

The Squadron Leader sat down with a heavy gruff. "Whatever..." He grumbled, glaring at the center table in front of them.

The star doctor stood and left the room with the boquet in her hands, leaving her boyfriend sulking all by himself. Not too long after, she returns to snuggle by his side on the couch, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

After a few moments of silence, Yoo Shi Jin turned to the woman in his arms. "Where's the flowers?" He asked simply.

"In the trashcan." She answered, eyes closed, pulling the blanket to cover herself. "My boyfriend doesn't like it, so I don't like it."

The soldier remained silent, trying to keep himself from smiling from the fluttering butterflies in his stomach. "Oh..." He began, biting back a smile and pulling her closer. "Is that right?"

She looked up to look him in his eyes. "Yes." She smiled. "I like you better than the flowers, you know?" She paused, watching him smile to himself. "Besides, you're the one taking care of me."

He turned to her quickly. "That's right." He grinned. "So, no more visitors." He said, standing up. "It's time to get you in bed."

"But it's too early." She retorted incredulously. "It's only 4pm." She deadpanned. "Let's go watch a movie." She pointed to the T.V.

"Ani, you need to rest. Let's get you into bed." He shook his head disapprovingly, stretching his hand to her.

The woman pouted. "But the bed's cold." She mumbled. "It's warmer out here."

He clicked his tongue again, before giving her a short sly smile, patting his chest. "I'll be with you. I'll warm you up." He said. 

"Aish..." She glared. "Shiro!" She frowned. "Let's watch a movie." She demanded, turning the T.V. on. 

The man stood dejectedly, hands on his waist. "I really can't convince you, now can I?" He bit his lower lip before yielding to her and sitting back down, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

The couple sat quietly, enjoying the movie for a few minutes.

"You know...." Shi Jin began, breaking their silence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter