The Boss' Woman

Guy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky was still dark and the wind blew warmly, but the the South Korean Army base filled with many shirtless soldiers, despite the cold weather; some speechless and in awe of their visitors, acting as though it were the first time they saw other people outside of the army.

Yoo Shi Jin, along with Lt. Gen. Yoon,  saluted to their higher ups, bidding them fairwell and a safe journey.

"Squadron Leader Yoo." The older man addressed. "Since the medical team coming from Hyesung hospital will be led by your friend--"

"Girlfriend, sir." The younger man beamed. "The medical team coming from Hyesung hospital to assist with the physicals will be led by my girlfriend." He said proudly.

Lt. Gen. Yoon smiled and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Yes," He nodded. "Since Dr. Kang will be leading, I will leave you in charge with the whole process."

"Huh?" He asked. "What will you be doing then, sir?"

"Me?" He began, taking a seat on his couch. "I'll be in here." He smiled, positioning himself comfortably lying on the couch. "I will rest, while you run this whole operation. Afterwards," He continued, crossing his arms over his chest and closing his eyes. "I will assess the quality of your leadership among our troops."

Yoo Shi Jin smiled and nodded, saluting the commanding officer. "Salute! I will do as you ask, sir."

The older gentleman grunted in reply, shooing him away.

"Dr. Kang..." Nurse Choi began, fidgeting with her fingers. "Don't you think the troops would find it odd that we're here?"

The older woman shook her head. "Why?" She asked, checking the boxes of supplies. "We're helping out their medical unit with the physical check." She turned to the young woman and smiled. "It'll be fun. Besides," She continued, walking over to another set of boxes. "I'm sure Staff Srgnt. Kim Gi Beom would be happy to see you."

The nurse felt flustered, but smiled nonetheless. "That's true...."

"In anyhow," Dr. Kang began. "Everything seems to be in order. I'll call Lt. Yoon to start the physical checks. You go head inside and tell the other doctors to start."

The two doctors walked together towards the cafeteria where they'll be holding the physical checks, discussing how to keep the procession organized.

"Since the troops are divided into several teams, we should go by that." Lt. Yoon began. "We only really have a handful of doctors on base, so each of us will be handling large amounts of people."

Kang Moyeon nodded. "Do you have a copy of the list of soldiers?"

"Here." Lt. Yoon handed her a thick pack of papers. "It's only 6:23," She said looking at her watch. "The majority of the troops would either be exercising or training excessively for the next six hours or so." She paused, taking in a deep breath. "Some of them would simply be scattered about the base, doing chores or something." She sighed, eyeing the long list of names in her sunbae's hands. "We'll take a break around 12 then resume about an hour later." She turned to her friend. "Sound good?"

Moyeon nodded, looking through the list. "Sounds good." She smiled. "Let's head in and start."

"Man, I'm telling you....don't even think about it!"

"Why not? This might be the last we'll see someone like her!"

"She's taken!"

"Shh! You're too loud! And I'm not talking about Lt. Yoon!"

"I know but the doctor from Hyesung's taken--"

"Man, what do you know?"

Nurse Ha shook her head disapprovingly at the two soldiers whispering loudly. "Dr. Kang sure knows how to hit them hard." She muttered.

"Oh? Hit who?" Doctor Song smiled. "I don't think I've ever seen Kang Moyeon hit anyone other than Kim Eun Ji."

"And with good reason, too!" Nurse Ha defended, setting up the equipments. "If I were a little stronger, I would do the same."

"Oh~" The doctor smiled. "I don't think you will." He said. "I don't think you've ever hit anyone else either, save for me."

The woman rolled her eyes and continued to prepare.

"Doctor Song," A familiar voice called. "Here's the list of soldier you'll check up today."

"Kang Moyeon~" The older doctor smiled. "Did you know how big of a star you are with the troops?" He said, motioning towards the two soldiers from earlier.

The young woman turned and smiled. "You think Yoo Shi Jin has been bragging about me?" She grinned. 

The older man smiled with her, and continued towards his pose.

"By the way," She called out, stopping him in his tracks. "Have you seen him anywhere?"

The doctor shrugged. "Nope, haven't seen him yet." Then proceeded to prepare himself.

The woman sighed and sat herself down, ready to call for her first check up. She clicked on the microphone in front of her and called the first name on her list. "Soldier....to number 1." 

The soldier's name echoed all throughout the base and soon enough a shirtless man, presumebly having been in training, walked in and headed her way. If anyone would have asked the doctor what she thought was going through the soldier's mind when he saw her and began walking towards her, she would say that he's just a bit dazed from the training, not because he thought she was pretty. Because that would be shameless.

She smiled up at him from her seat, before standing to greet him. "Hi, I'm Dr. Kang."

'Soldier....to number 1.'

Yoo Shi Jin smiled to himself after having heard her voice. "My girlfriend's voice sure sounds pretty." He grinned. "Don't you think so?" He nudged Gi Beom. 

The young man rolled his eyes but smiled and nodded nonetheless. "Even with just her voice, Dr. Kang really knows how to charm men--"

"Aish!" The older snapped. "Don't even mention that...." He paused, cocking his head irritatedly. "That woman gives me migranes whenever there's any man around..." He mumbled, marching off towards the mess hall.

The young soldier couldn't help but be flustered when the famous doctor smiled at him. "D-doctor Kang..." He stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Can you check my abdomen?" He asked coyly, bending slightly, feigning pain. "I-I've been getting sharp pains every now and then..."

Kang Mo Yeon gave him a playful smile, tilting her head and putting her hands in the pockets of her coat. "Really?" She began, watching the soldier nodd his head exaggeratedly. "Maybe Dr. Song can finish up your physicals then check you up afterwards--"

The young man stood straight immediately, after taking a look at the grinning male doctor on the other side of the hall. "I can endure it." He stoically stated, making the woman shake her head and laugh.

Not a moment too soon, the doors to the hall opened and entered, Squadron Leader Yoo.

The commanding officer smiled as he spotted his girlfriend, but quickly grimaced, seeing the soldier she's attending to squirm happily under her watch.

He shook his head irritatedly. "Yah, Kang Mo Yeon!"

"Oh," The doctor turned with a smile. "Shi Jin-ah~" She sang. "You're finally here."

The man simply grunted, approaching her post, looking up and down the half soldier warningly with a deadly glare, as the doctor turned her back on him to return to her work. 

"Yah...." He hissed at the now-uncomfortably-squirming soldier. "Where's your shirt?" He growled.

The soldier stood straight. "I left it outside during morning run, sir!" He answered.

Shi Jin shook his head disapprovingly, while his girlfriend muffled a giggle.

A few moments of silence passed, when Mo Yeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter