chapter 4

Next To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning, I get up early and get ready to go to Bomi’s house, to checked Bomi cause last night's incident.

When I arrived at her house ...

"Bomi!" I called her when entering the house.

"Ms.Yoon still asleep Mr.Park," said Bomi’s house keeper.

I nodded. "Then is it okay that I'm going to her room?" I said that then without thinking her house keeper answer, I walk to upstairs to her room. I knocked on her door and opened it. "Bomi ..." I saw that she was still lying down, I approached her. I her hair slowly but suddenly when touch her forehead, it feels hot, she got fever. "Gosh Bomi ... your body is very hot, I'll get the medicine."

When I would go but she make me stop with grab my wrist, I turned around. She smiled and shook her head.

"I'm okay ..."

I sat back down on the side of the bed. "No ... you are not okay."

She approached me and slept on top of my thighs, closing her eyes again. "I'm okay ... just stay like this ... trust me," she said.

I sigh and leave her position like that.

"Sing me a lullaby," she said again.

"Bom..."

She opened her eyes and looked at me. “I just have you…”

I gave up with her gaze and words, I started singing a lullaby that often I sang for her, the title of the song is my turn to cry it was  made by me when we was 11 years old, actually I made it for her but she doesn’t know if it was for her.

I know how you feel Bomi, you must have felt very lonely. She could only be spoiled like this in front of me and I let her because I felt if I needed her more around me too. I don’t know why.

Looks like she already back to sleep with a smile appeared on her lips, I stopped singing, but still gently patting her shoulder.

Gosh ... why suddenly I got heavy breathing and my heart beating fast though I never like this before. We're used to like this for 12 years but why all of a sudden I felt a strange thing when I touch her or look at her?

Slowly I moved her from me so that her head lay on the pillow. I immediately stood up and took the warm water from bathroom to compress her forehead again like last night.

She muttered in her sleep, is not clear. "Egmmm ...." made me smile to hear her muttering on her sleep.

...

I returned home after that and exercising with treadmill. The sound of my father's footsteps coming towards me.

"Morning ..." he said.

"Morning," I replied. "I've made coffee," I said.

"Thank you ... where is Bomi? Not usually she's not here on a Sunday morning like this," said my father while he drank his coffee.

"She is sick and still rest..."

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter