In Between Strangers and Colleagues

The Thin Line In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Irene’s POV]

We were nothing but mere workmates. We meet every Fridays and get on with our jobs. Our intimacy was bounded by the cue cards and script given to us by the writers. We rarely talk about our personal matters. Actually no, we never do. Our conversations won’t go beyond on how we are both doing. And we were both fine with that, we didn’t mind. We were indifferent though deemed as one of the hosts with the best chemistry. Our chemistry no matter how much electric it reckons is nothing but for a show.

“How was your week?” He asked out of the blue, one Friday while we were waiting on the same dressing room. He and I have always prepared individually. We never talked outside of the stage we were both tasked to be at. But this Friday we somehow ended up with the same room, awkwardly.

I raised my brow, the surprise and confusion evident in my features, “It’s been well. Quite the same as the ones before.” And then, there was silence; an awkward silence to be exact. “Yours?” I added as if trying to make an effort to keep our dying conversation alive.

“Quite busier than before.” He replied shortly with slight smile that still could have melted any other girls’ heart.

“Ah, I heard about your drama. Congratulations by the way.” I mentioned with abundant sincerity. I know how much that guy deserved the success, he was a hard worker and so dedicated to his passion. Whatever it is that he has now, he completely deserves it.

“Thanks.” He acknowledged with a smile in return.

“Irene-sshi and Bogum-sshii. You’re up.” A staff called them all of a sudden.

“Ye.” We replied both at the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter