|[Prologue]|

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What's a prologue?

 

~April 11, XX40~

 

“Run!!!” My mother yelled to my oppa, Junhong, as she used her body to keep the door closed. My oppa opened the window, then threw me out before jumping out of the same first floor window. Just then my mother fell to the floor as the door flew open, I might’ve been a clueless four year old, but I wasn’t stupid, I knew what a gun was and that was what the man held in his left, not hesitating to shoot my mother who had tears in her eyes.

 

“Junhee, whatever you do, don’t look back. Run.” Oppa hugged me as he whispered before pushing me away and running the other way.

 

I was about to run after him but the men who raided our home drove in front of me and after him. My sense of fear awoke and I listened to what my oppa said, run and don’t look back. I ran the opposite way of oppa, tears in my eyes as I ran barefoot down the empty streets. When I passed one alleyway, a cat meowed and I became the innocent child I was again. I walked into the alley and found a wooden box, it held a little bobtail kitten.

 

I took the kitten out of the box and held it as I sat down next to the box, tears slowly rolling down my cheeks. The kitten sneezed making me think of a name for him, Xiumin. I had eventually fallen asleep with Xiumin sleeping in my lap, purring.

 

~~~

 

I woke up the next morning to the sound of people walking past and chattering. I rubbed my eyes and found Xiumin missing. I looked around for him, still sitting against the wall. I started to cry when I realized he was gone, but he soon appeared, walking from the entrance with a boy behind him.

 

Xiumin rubbed his head against my legs as I wiped my tears. The boy held out his hand to me. “M-my name’s T-taehyung..” I looked at his hand. “Do you want to go to school with me?” He asked.

 

“I’m too little to go to school.” I answered. “I’m four.” I held out four fingers and my stomach growled.

 

Taehyung looked into his lunchbox before handing me a sandwich. “I’ll come back after school.” He smiled at me before leaving.

 

~~~

 

I spent the whole day sitting in the alley, playing with Xiumin, waiting for Taehyung. Taehyung eventually showed up at the entrance of the alley and Xiumin rubbed his head against Taehyung’s leg.

 

Taehyung smiled at me while petting Xiumin. “Let’s go home.” I walked towards Taehyung and he noticed I didn’t have any shoes, so he lent me his school shoes. He held my hand as I followed him and Xiumin followed us. “I’m 5 years old.” Taehyung suddenly said.

 

“I’m Choi Junhee, and I’m 4 years old.” I told him.

 

He laughed a little bit. “I already know you’re 4 years old.” Taehyung took a left and we were in front of the elementary school Junhong-oppa goes to.

 

“Junhong-oppa goes to school here...”

 

“‘Junhong-oppa’? My Jin-hyung goes to school here, I go somewhere else,” Taehyung explained, no longer wondering who oppa was. “Jin-hyung!” Taehyung yelled when he saw him.

 

“Hey squi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter